Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - General Discussions

OOTP 15 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2014 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #1
soxfan34
Major Leagues

"OOTP 15 has stopped working"

I posted something like this re: OOTP13 too, but when I start the game it immediately crashes.

Like last time, I've updated all my drivers, uninstalled/re installed multiple times, cleaned the registry, and made an exception for it in my anti-virus program. Unlike like last time, the game won't start unless in safemode after doing all of this.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, can you provide any other suggestions?
soxfan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #2
fredreed
Minors (Double A)

It might help If you can explain what kind of antivirus or firewall programs that you are using because there are issues that can cause the game to crash. If your having the same issue with 15 that you had with 14 then It sounds like to me It could to be a antivirus or firewall compatibility issue. I would make sure that you disable all firewall and antivirus programs and also when It says that this has crashed there should be something like more info click on It and will say what file is causing this to crash. If It's ootp.exe then It could be that the game isn't compatible with your graphics card because certain games will not work properly with the ATI catalyst program. I would go to start menu and type in dxdiag and run all the tests If any of these come up with errors then that would be the issue. Sometimes your directx needs to be updated. Run dxdiag and run those tests and see what It comes up with.

Last edited by fredreed; 05-05-2014 at 11:05 AM.
fredreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
rob6239
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan34 View Post
I posted something like this re: OOTP13 too, but when I start the game it immediately crashes.

Like last time, I've updated all my drivers, uninstalled/re installed multiple times, cleaned the registry, and made an exception for it in my anti-virus program. Unlike like last time, the game won't start unless in safemode after doing all of this.

Has anyone else seen this, and if so, can you provide any other suggestions?

Yes I have also seen this with ootp15

Don't mean to hijack your thread but just replying.

In my case though I am running windows 8.1 and I have downloaded and installed the OOTP15 patch#2

Mine crashed - I was on my team Players page and tried to double click on a pitcher whose name was highlighted green (not sure what that means , can't remember) and it crashed. I re-loaded ootp and went to the exact same screen and did the same thing and it crashed again.
rob6239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredreed View Post
It might help If you can explain what kind of antivirus or firewall programs that you are using because there are issues that can cause the game to crash. If your having the same issue with 15 that you had with 14 then It sounds like to me It could to be a antivirus or firewall compatibility issue. I would make sure that you disable all firewall and antivirus programs and also when It says that this has crashed there should be something like more info click on It and will say what file is causing this to crash. If It's ootp.exe then It could be that the game isn't compatible with your graphics card because certain games will not work properly with the ATI catalyst program. I would go to start menu and type in dxdiag and run all the tests If any of these come up with errors then that would be the issue. Sometimes your directx needs to be updated. Run dxdiag and run those tests and see what It comes up with.
Thanks for the follow up.

Just tried all of that - dxdiag showed no issues. I disabled anti-virus and added OOTP15 as an exception in Firewall.. still nothing..

Also tried running as administrator.. still stops working

Here are the specs from my system:

Please let me know if you guys can think of anything else... It's driving me nuts that I can't play!
Old 05-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #5
jbaumgardt1
Minors (Single A)

Had the same problem. Just started today.
jbaumgardt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #6
skywalkr2
Major Leagues

Unfortunately I have yet to be able to play this game really... it crashes every time I try to play it. It's not really repeatable, either.
skywalkr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Can anyone else add to this? Frustrating when I've been playing this series religiously every year since OOTP2!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #8
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can anyone else add to this? Frustrating when I've been playing this series religiously every year since OOTP2!
Thanks for the continuing loyalty, so what I'm about to ask should come as no surprise. Have you submitted a ticket with regard to this issue? It's not an overnight answer, probably, but it's a step in the direction of solution.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #9
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Thanks for the continuing loyalty, so what I'm about to ask should come as no surprise. Have you submitted a ticket with regard to this issue? It's not an overnight answer, probably, but it's a step in the direction of solution.
I didn't but mostly because I think it's more an issue with my computer not the game, plus I somehow got it to work last year. I suppose I should just submit one through.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:57 PM   #10
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I didn't but mostly because I think it's more an issue with my computer not the game, plus I somehow got it to work last year. I suppose I should just submit one through.
That'd be good, providing all the information you can possibly provide. It may help on the other end identify, at least, whether there's any commonality with problems. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #11
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Ootp15 constantly crashed for me when I first got it during the weekend the pre-orders got the game. Old timer tried to help me fix the problem but I couldn't use the chat program he was trying to chat with me from because of an anti virus setting. I fixed the setting on Avg 2014 paid version and it also fixed my Ootp15 problem. The setting changed was from block all unknown to ask on all unknown. Have not had issue since.
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:14 PM   #12
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan View Post
Ootp15 constantly crashed for me when I first got it during the weekend the pre-orders got the game. Old timer tried to help me fix the problem but I couldn't use the chat program he was trying to chat with me from because of an anti virus setting. I fixed the setting on Avg 2014 paid version and it also fixed my Ootp15 problem. The setting changed was from block all unknown to ask on all unknown. Have not had issue since.
So if i understand what you're s saying, using AVG 2014 worked for you?

I actually exited out of my anti-virus program completely and it the game still didn't load...

Last edited by soxfan34; 05-06-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:17 AM   #13
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:

I actually exited out of my anti-virus program completely and it the game still didn't load...
I could be wrong but it really doesn't sound as if your antivirus software is the culprit. This may be a silly question but have you tried updating your graphic card driver? Using DirectX will only tell you if you have any issues. It will not tell you if need to update your drivers.

Even if you have a new computer there's still a chance that the graphics card driver may need to be updated.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #14
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I've seen this issue, too, and I've not been able to replicate it.

In my opinion, OOTP (even without the 3D) came out far earlier than it should have. Just too many bugs, and many of them very easy to spot (or should have been).
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:01 AM   #15
soxfan34
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie View Post
I could be wrong but it really doesn't sound as if your antivirus software is the culprit. This may be a silly question but have you tried updating your graphic card driver? Using DirectX will only tell you if you have any issues. It will not tell you if need to update your drivers.

Even if you have a new computer there's still a chance that the graphics card driver may need to be updated.
Updated multiple times through multiple sources, each time didn't work.

Updated through Windows, nothing

Updated through Asus website (was driver from 2009, latest according to website) still nothing.

Game constantly crashes. Wishing I hadn't removed OOTP 14 now... Extremely frustrated...

Posted this issue in the bug forum, hopefully something comes of it...

As always, any additional input is valued...
Old 05-08-2014, 01:04 AM   #16
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:

To be clearer

My problem started with when I was trying to install OOTP15. The errors I received, if I chose to ignore them, I could install the game. However, I could not play the game. I could only get the game to work by changing the firewall setting to my antivirus program.

My antivurus program is the paid version of AVG 2014

I changed the firewall setting from Automatic to Interactive. That fixed my problem.
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:09 AM   #17
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

We will release patch 2 tomorrow, which fixes many reported issues. Please try that, and if you still have trouble, contact our support guru: gary.breckenridge@ootpdevelopments.com
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #18
Bowtie
All Star Starter

Quote:
Updated multiple times through multiple sources, each time didn't work.

Updated through Windows, nothing

Updated through Asus website (was driver from 2009, latest according to website) still nothing.

Game constantly crashes. Wishing I hadn't removed OOTP 14 now... Extremely frustrated...

Posted this issue in the bug forum, hopefully something comes of it...

As always, any additional input is valued...

Thanks for the follow-up info. I think at this point we can eliminate this being a graphics card driver issue. So where do we go from here? Well, this now sounds as if some application (aka program) on that computer is conflicting with OOTP 15. While patch #2 may help fix your issue - and I certainly advise you to download it - I still think you might experience this issue.

Please see my PM for specific advise.

Bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #19
jotro
Minors (Double A)

This option will depend on your PC setup, but it worked for me:

Change Data Execution Prevention settings

Applies to Windows 7

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a security feature that helps prevent damage from viruses and other security threats by monitoring your programs to make sure they use the computer's memory safely. For more information, see What is Data Execution Prevention?

If you want to turn off DEP for a program you trust, first check to see if the software publisher has made a DEP-compatible version of the program or made an update available before you change any DEP settings. If an update or DEP-compatible version is available, we recommend installing it and leaving DEP turned on so you can benefit from the protection it can provide. But if the publisher has not released an updated, DEP-compatible version of the program, you can turn off DEP for the program. You'll be able to use the program, but it might be vulnerable to an attack that could spread to your other programs and files.
  1. Open System by clicking the Start button , right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
  2. Click Advanced system settings. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  3. Under Performance, click Settings.
  4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
  5. To turn off DEP for an individual program, select the check box next to the program that you want to turn off DEP for, and then click OK.
    If the program is not in the list, click Add. Browse to the Program Files folder, find the executable file for the program (it will have an .exe file name extension), and then click Open.
  6. Click OK, click OK in the System Properties dialog box if it appears, and then click OK again. You might need to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

jotro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:53 PM   #20
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotro View Post
This option will depend on your PC setup, but it worked for me:

Can you tell me how this worked for you? What was happening when you tried playing the game before you did this? Was it crashing? If so, can you tell me what you were doing that would lead to the crashing (or was there no pattern)?