Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball Go 24! > OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Go 24 - General Discussions Everything about the latest mobile version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:07 AM   #41
Honny118
Minors (Single A)

Can't wait to start a historical career from 1901 on my phone!
Honny118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 02:49 PM   #42
The_Offspring187
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterKing View Post
Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In!
This times 100. I was fully prepared to make OOTP21 the end of an era for me. Then they drop this news and reel me back in lol.

The best part is I'll be able to tell random customers that are baseball fans about OOTPGO and itll be so much easier for them to find. I work at an interstate gas station and have been spreading the OOTP word for years now to passerby that I learn are baseball fans.
The_Offspring187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 04:37 PM   #43
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (2)
Beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Well, it should I assume. However, I am not familiar how Apple will exactly support iOS apps on MacOS. We'll see I guess.

Edit: Talked to the dev team, M1 Macs will not run OOTP Go.

This going to look so good on my Samsung Galaxy S7+ 12 inch screen Tablet. And bonus with my White Sox looking to contend that means I'm back to solo universing...I like PT but sure do miss the regular league/season creating...Thanks Markus & Team

BB

Screenshots also answered my boxscore issues with last version of Manager

If yall needing BETA testing holla. I'm available 24-7
Bunktown Ballers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #44
daves
Hall Of Famer

This is great news! Thanks for the update.

Do you need to purchase OOTP 22 to play Perfect team or is FTP actually FTP?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 12:36 PM   #45
rdomico
All Star Reserve

Will there be a way to copy a league from PC to Mobile so I can continue playing my league on my phone when I am on the road?
I like all the custom schedules that the community has produced. Will I be able to use those on mobile?
rdomico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 02:06 PM   #46
daves
Hall Of Famer

With the app, I wonder if we could buy perfect points through apple app store?

Old 01-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #47
MickDaQuick
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honny118 View Post
Can't wait to start a historical career from 1901 on my phone!
I would too, mainly to use on a plane without internet access. However, that would cost $123.79 for all the seasons I use. Plus (I assume) $39.99 for ootp22 would total $163.78.

Unless there is a well discounted bundle price, I will stick to ootp22 only.
MickDaQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 04:32 PM   #48
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
This is great news! Thanks for the update.

Do you need to purchase OOTP 22 to play Perfect team or is FTP actually FTP?
You will be able to play Perfect Team totally free with the app if you want to. You will not necessarily need the PC version of the game to play Perfect Team (although obviously if you want to manage your team from your PC and not just through your phone/tablet, you will need the PC version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdomico View Post
Will there be a way to copy a league from PC to Mobile so I can continue playing my league on my phone when I am on the road?
I like all the custom schedules that the community has produced. Will I be able to use those on mobile?
There won't be a way automatically, no. But if you are willing to play with your file browser, then there are ways to move games around. However, as noted, there are certain features that aren't enabled in the mobile game, so if your league uses any of them, it may not be 100% compatible. Also, obviously, the mobile edition and the PC editions will update at slightly different intervals at times, so there may be times where the 2 versions lose compatibility for a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
With the app, I wonder if we could buy perfect points through apple app store?
Yes, obviously you will be able to buy points through the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickDaQuick View Post
I would too, mainly to use on a plane without internet access. However, that would cost $123.79 for all the seasons I use. Plus (I assume) $39.99 for ootp22 would total $163.78.

There will be a heavy discount to buy the entire package. I don't know the price off-hand, though, once the game is released you will be able to see the full pricing.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:16 PM   #49
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickDaQuick View Post

In the last version of Manager there was huge discount to purchase entire history. I think it was around $19.99 or $29.99 my brain functions been failing on my for last 5-6 years so I can't quiet remember. Alzheimers not fun
Old 01-17-2021, 06:28 PM   #50
ChrisJNelson
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Correct. However, since it's the same engine and also loads the same PT league files, they are compatible. So, one day in the future we will perhaps add some cloud-saving functionality for both desktop & mobile so that you can play the same league on both. Or we find a different, easy way to transfer league files... we'll see
This would be great! The only way I'd probably use the iOS version is if I could continue my desktop saves (and go back from iOS to desktop as well).
ChrisJNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 11:16 AM   #51
GlennN
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Correct. However, since it's the same engine and also loads the same PT league files, they are compatible. So, one day in the future we will perhaps add some cloud-saving functionality for both desktop & mobile so that you can play the same league on both. Or we find a different, easy way to transfer league files... we'll see
I enjoy iOOTP and desktop OOTP, but to be able to play my same franchise home and on the go would be game-changing (dare I say life altering?). Really hoping you guys can make this a reality. Whatever changes I'd have to make to my league to be able to sync back and forth from desktop to IOS I would do!
GlennN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 09:00 PM   #52
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
In the last version of Manager there was huge discount to purchase entire history. I think it was around $19.99 or $29.99 my brain functions been failing on my for last 5-6 years so I can't quiet remember. Alzheimers not fun
Yes 19.99. If you bought all in one version they even upgraded your purchase to the next.

Old 01-18-2021, 09:27 PM   #53
2tango2
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Well, it should I assume. However, I am not familiar how Apple will exactly support iOS apps on MacOS. We'll see I guess.

Edit: Talked to the dev team, M1 Macs will not run OOTP Go.

I'm currently playing PT21 on my M1 Macbook Air. How will this differ in 22?

PT21

PT22

2tango2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 03:15 AM   #54
gamefan1978
Minors (Single A)

Awesome glad to see OOTP Go is coming along and I buying it day one!
gamefan1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 09:50 AM   #55
Rob Morris
All Star Reserve

Looks amazing.
Rob Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 12:54 PM   #56
snarls200
Major Leagues

One thing I am wondering: If I buy the full seasons package and start in 1901 would the other franchises join the leagues when they did IRL or would it stay with the base clubs?
snarls200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 10:04 AM   #57
OS Red
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just saw the news. I'm so excited to try this on my new iPad Pro. After the lousy year that was 2020, this is great news and start for 2021. Though I see my productivity going down at work ��
OS Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #58
Colorado
Major Leagues

Looks brilliant, thanks for the update. I will certainly be purchasing this
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 06:01 PM   #59
Bunktown Ballers
All Star Starter

Quote:
By making it free, we gain a whole new set of customers who could be interested in upgrading to the desktop version, which still has many more features than Go has. Plus, we get the game to many more potential PT players that way, obviously.

Premium gaming apps on the app stores are basically non-existing nowadays, they can only exist if they already had a huge following prior to the industry shifting towards FTP, like Football Manager from Sega.

For those long time OOTP users, my question is who wouldn't still want the PC version?

BB
Old 01-23-2021, 09:22 AM   #60
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunktown Ballers View Post
For those long time OOTP users, my question is who wouldn't still want the PC version?

BB
Personally, I don't have that much personal PC time. As much as I purchase the PC version I rarely get to use it. An app allows me to play the game easily during short breaks, lunch and driving in the car (as a passenger of course).

I have completed very few seasons on the PC version (before Perfect Team), but I played well over 50 seasons with MLB Manager.

The ability to play on a phone anytime anywhere makes a huge difference. Die hard long time OOTP PC users will not be as affected by the app.