Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 7 > FHM 7 - Technical Support/Bug Reports

FHM 7 - Technical Support/Bug Reports Need help or want to report a bug? This is the right place.

Old 01-17-2021, 02:45 AM   #1
Danielg342
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Created player limit

Is there a limit to how many players you can create in the game before it either:

-Tells you that you can't create any more
-Crashes

I ask because in my sim- a "historical re-write" where I've literally doubled the size of the NHL at the time- the draft runs out of players midway through, leaving me only six rounds of available selections and six rounds of a draft where no one is selected. What I'd like to do is create the 300 or so players each year to fill out these drafts, but I don't want to do it if it will cause problems.

Thanks.
Danielg342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 04:34 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

It won't, the standard game has tens of thousands of players.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:51 AM   #3
Danielg342
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Thanks. I appreciate it.
Old 01-17-2021, 09:05 AM   #4
Danielg342
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
New issue.

When I created players via the player generator- with the date in June- and set their age to 18, they don't go into the draft, they automatically become free agents.

Noticing this, I then created a player via the player generator on July 2, set his age to 17 and he never appeared in any draft. Worse, he was unable to be signed even once he got to age 20. I had to manually assign him to a team.

I don't understand what is going on.
Old 01-17-2021, 10:11 PM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Check the player after you create him and make sure his rights are set to "None" for the league whose draft you want him to go into. It should default to that for players of the appropriate age, but something may be going wrong.
Old 01-18-2021, 01:50 AM   #6
Danielg342
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Check the player after you create him and make sure his rights are set to "None" for the league whose draft you want him to go into. It should default to that for players of the appropriate age, but something may be going wrong.
I created this guy for the 1997 Draft in June 1996. Set his age to days before the September cutoff. He did not appear in the 1997 or 1998 Drafts. Come the 1998 offseason, he was unsignable. I had to manually assign him to a team.

Players do eventually go to the Draft when I make them 16, but then I would have to wait a year before I can draft them. If that's how best the game works, I can live with that.

EDIT- I believe I have the "league rights" setting applied correctly, unless I'm looking at the wrong page.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 01-18-2021, 03:30 AM   #7
JeffR
FHM Producer

It's the nationality, Saint Pierre-et-Miquelon isn't in the database as an IIHF member, which is what's used to determine eligibility for the NHL draft. I need to go through that list and add colonies/dependencies of member countries. The Canadian second nationality should make him eligible, but apparently it's not checking that, we'll have to fix that. But if you create an identical player and reversed the nationalities, he'd be drafted.
Old 01-18-2021, 04:34 AM   #8
Danielg342
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
It's the nationality, Saint Pierre-et-Miquelon isn't in the database as an IIHF member, which is what's used to determine eligibility for the NHL draft. I need to go through that list and add colonies/dependencies of member countries. The Canadian second nationality should make him eligible, but apparently it's not checking that, we'll have to fix that. But if you create an identical player and reversed the nationalities, he'd be drafted.
I will try that.

Just to verify, if I had edited the player right after creating him to put him in an IIHF territory, it should still place him in the draft, right?
Old 01-18-2021, 07:14 AM   #9
Danielg342
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
So here's what happened.

I created two players with the generator setting their age at 17, with them coming from an IIHF nation (Canada). They appeared in the draft.

Two other players- one Canadian, one American- who were set to age 18 via the generator became free agents the following offseason. This happened even when reloaded the game to the previous season and edited the player's date of birth to a point where he won't turn 18 until after the draft.

Seems like the only way to guarantee a player to be in the draft is to set their initial age to 17 (or younger) and put them in an IIHF nation. Otherwise, they become free agents.