Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-04-2019, 11:13 PM   #121
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robmeister89 View Post
I loved having it back last year but it was more hassle than fun and ultimately left the league I was in. Really hoping for an improvement this time around (download/upload league files within the game for starters)...
We've fixed some issues with multiplayer, and the vast majority of new things added to the game apply to multiplayer as well (and making sure they function properly it multiplayer often requires extra work.) But it's unlikely we make any kind of significant departure in the basic fundamentals of the multiplayer mode before OOTP does.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:20 PM   #122
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Then in 1972-73 could I manually add the WHA(or custom league) or that won't be possible because I turned off league evolution?
Not possible, turning evolution off will prevent the WHA from appearing.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:41 AM   #123
keroppichoppi
Minors (Single A)

Small change I'd like to see is on the NHL history page instead of just the cup winners I'd like to see the runner-ups as well, or maybe add a WC and EC Champion column.

Also asking again if we can have NHL players in Div 1 and Div 2 IIHF during the off-season.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #124
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
We've fixed some issues with multiplayer, and the vast majority of new things added to the game apply to multiplayer as well (and making sure they function properly it multiplayer often requires extra work.) But it's unlikely we make any kind of significant departure in the basic fundamentals of the multiplayer mode before OOTP does.
But OOTP does have in game download/upload. OOTP also allows the person running the league to export reports. These types of things are needed to efficiently run a league. OOTP has had them for years and there are a great many successful online leagues.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #125
RedWings2015
Bat Boy

Hi Jeff:

Just following up. You mentioned suspensions for both on and off-ice incidents have been added to FHM6 - and that working out the handling of suspensions was something holding back the addition of major brawls, especially bench clears, particularly for historical seasons.

Have brawls been added to this year's edition? I would appreciate an answer on this as I have limited entertainment dollars I am planning to spend this fall and, as I have been waiting for this feature to be added, this is as close to a deal maker or breaker as will be for me. I'd like to know soon as I am trying to prioritize my entertainment expenditures and don't desire to take a flyer on the game if it is missing the key component that would make it the most satisfying gaming experience for me. I've played previous editions and liked them - but the lack of brawling for historical seasons is for me a glaring hole that has needed fixing for a few years now.

Don't need a lot of details - a "yes, it's in" or "no, not this year" will work just fine! Thanks!!

Last edited by RedWings2015; 10-05-2019 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo
RedWings2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #126
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
But OOTP does have in game download/upload. OOTP also allows the person running the league to export reports. These types of things are needed to efficiently run a league. OOTP has had them for years and there are a great many successful online leagues.
And OOTP has been around far longer and a much more established franchise. Comparing the two is really unfair to FHM.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #127
tward13
All Star Starter

Wow. Buying a hockey management sim based on whether there are fake fights. No, the fake fights must be “brawls”. Are you expecting them to detail who fought whom? Did someone beat someone senseless or just bloody him a little? Which guys jumped off the bench? In which order? Or can they just say “oh there was a brawl, here are a crap load of penalties
Old 10-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #128
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
And OOTP has been around far longer and a much more established franchise. Comparing the two is really unfair to FHM.
I realize that. But Jeff said they wouldn’t add something before OOTP does. I was just pointing out that OOTP does already have the features in question.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:10 PM   #129
RedWings2015
Bat Boy

Quote:
Wow. Buying a hockey management sim based on whether there are fake fights. No, the fake fights must be “brawls”. Are you expecting them to detail who fought whom? Did someone beat someone senseless or just bloody him a little? Which guys jumped off the bench? In which order? Or can they just say “oh there was a brawl, here are a crap load of penalties
Yep - I'll spend my entertainment dollars on a hockey sim based on a personal set of criteria appealing to me.. And your problem with that is what, exactly??

Oh since the fights are fake, then let's not overlook the fact that the goals are fake, the assists are fake, the trades are fake, the wins and losses are fake and, for that matter, every single player and league is fake. Of course, we all tend to pore though a "crap load" of the many statistics generated by the game as if we are accomplishing something.

But then again... isn't that exactly why we buy and play sports sims?

Vigorously SMH...

Last edited by RedWings2015; 10-05-2019 at 05:16 PM.
RedWings2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #130
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I realize that. But Jeff said they wouldn’t add something before OOTP does. I was just pointing out that OOTP does already have the features in question.
I'm pretty sure that's because OOTP is several years ahead of FHM in terms of development.
Old 10-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #131
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that's because OOTP is several years ahead of FHM in terms of development.

And again, I'll point out that I was replying to Jeff's post that made it seem they wouldn't add these things because OOTP hasn't added them yet.

If he'd have said, no we can't have that yet because we haven't gotten to that level of development, then yes, ok, the game is earlier in it's development.
Old 10-06-2019, 12:20 PM   #132
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
And again, I'll point out that I was replying to Jeff's post that made it seem they wouldn't add these things because OOTP hasn't added them yet.

If he'd have said, no we can't have that yet because we haven't gotten to that level of development, then yes, ok, the game is earlier in it's development.
That's what I think Jeff meant. That if OOTP isn't there yet, then FHM definitely isn't. I could be wrong, but that's what I take from it.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #133
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
That's what I think Jeff meant. That if OOTP isn't there yet, then FHM definitely isn't. I could be wrong, but that's what I take from it.
But as we know, OOTP does have file upload ability in game
Old 10-06-2019, 08:29 PM   #134
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Are there any changes to how KHL prospect FA status is handled? In FHM 5 KHL prospects become UFAs end of every season no matter their age. Teams should hold their rights till they are 27
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #135
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
But as we know, OOTP does have file upload ability in game
and as we know OOTP has many things FHM does not and that's because the franchise has been around considerably longer.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:05 AM   #136
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
and as we know OOTP has many things FHM does not and that's because the franchise has been around considerably longer.
But Jeff said it won’t have something OOTP doesn’t. But that’s not the case here.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:16 AM   #137
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
But Jeff said it won’t have something OOTP doesn’t. But that’s not the case here.
I'm not going in circles with you. FHM and OOTP are completely different franchises, with different developers, under the same umbrella. What one has or doesn't have, isn't going to always apply to the other, that's my point. People always compare them and it's honestly not fair to FHM given it's shorter existence and fewer resources. There's nothing wrong with wanting similar features between the two, but major changes aren't going to come as easy to FHM as they do for OOTP.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:13 AM   #138
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
I'm not going in circles with you. FHM and OOTP are completely different franchises, with different developers, under the same umbrella. What one has or doesn't have, isn't going to always apply to the other, that's my point. People always compare them and it's honestly not fair to FHM given it's shorter existence and fewer resources. There's nothing wrong with wanting similar features between the two, but major changes aren't going to come as easy to FHM as they do for OOTP.
You've already made 3 trips around and still are ignoring my point. I wasn't comparing and I wasn't saying it shoud be included. I was MERELY pointing out that the statement Jeff made may be inaccurate. He stated that some feature was not in OOTP and I said that it is. YOU then felt the need to give me the old, "it's two different games" speech, I'm fully aware of that. I've owned both games for years.
Old 10-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #139
Smetana
All Star Starter

Maybe I'm confused as to what was asked....but FHM had file upload/download last year and does once again.

Someone will bash me over my skull if I have mis-spoken haha.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #140
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
Maybe I'm confused as to what was asked....but FHM had file upload/download last year and does once again.

Someone will bash me over my skull if I have mis-spoken haha.
Well I guess we can all find out sometime today.