Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Data Issues

Old 03-03-2013, 02:43 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Low Minors (ECHL/CHL)

Researchers:

ECHL: boilermaker
CHL: MattPayne
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #2
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

I decided to start playing FHM in the ECHL with the Reading Royals and ran into something worth noting. I know it is early in the beta phase (extremely early) but I was wondering if there are any roster rules that are implemented yet for these lower leagues?

A few that come to mind are that the age minimum is 18, however most, if not all teams, do not sign players under the age of 20. ( I just signed a 17 yr old)...

One other is that a team in the ECHL can only dress 4 veterans at a time.

I wouldn't doubt that the higher leagues (NHL, AHL, etc.) are first and for most at getting correct, just providing some feedback..
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Mentioned in the NHL/AHL thread that the ECHL Fort Wayne Komets were in the wrong division.

Also-attempting to change the ECHL to the Fictional North American Hockey League and after changing the names of five teams,it crashed back-to-back times. I will try it again tomorrow.

Successfully changed the AHL to the Fictional World Hockey Association without a problem once I changed team names on the team edit page but mentioned above,having problems with ECHL to Fictional NAHL change.

Last edited by Orioles1966; 03-04-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #4
scuffleball
Major Leagues

ECHL - Wheeling Nailers

Market size is listed as "BIG". Does market size mean market for hockey or does it mean population? If it means population, Wheeling is only around 28k people in a metro area of about 150k.

Noticed that NHL Columbus Blue Jackets was listed as a "NORMAL" market size.

If market size is means market for hockey, please ignore this.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuffleball View Post
ECHL - Wheeling Nailers

Market size is listed as "BIG". Does market size mean market for hockey or does it mean population? If it means population, Wheeling is only around 28k people in a metro area of about 150k.

Noticed that NHL Columbus Blue Jackets was listed as a "NORMAL" market size.

If market size is means market for hockey, please ignore this.
I would tend to think that the market size may depend on the league that the city resides in. Since Columbus is the capital of Ohio and in the NHL, one would tend to think it would be astronomically higher in size than that of Wheeling. That would be my assumption, but I may be wrong
Old 03-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Gige56
Minors (Single A)

Abbrevations

Just some quick hits I noticed. In the "Team Home Screen" on the bottom left in the "Next Games" area I found that some of the abbreviations are slightly different than the ECHL's website has them listed. AS follows:

Alaska should be AK, not ALA---Cincinnati should be CIN, not CCY---Colorado should be COL, not COE---Florida should be FLA, not FLE---Fort Wayne should be FW, not FOT---Greenville should be GRN, not GRE---Gwinnett should be GWT, not GWI to name a few..
Old 03-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #7
OHISEEIT
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hello-

I'm not sure if this has been documented. But the division names for ECHL are incorrect.

The correct names are-

for Eastern Conference:
Atlantic
North
South

for Western Conference:
Mountain
Pacific

Also, the championship cup is called the Kelly Cup.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #8
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHISEEIT View Post

Also, the championship cup is called the Kelly Cup.
No licenses, thus no "real" names
Old 03-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #9
geckon
Hall Of Famer

Is this really a problem? I'm not a law expert but it's just a name. The same thing as for example National Hockey League and Pittsburgh Penguins (or other league or team names) from my point of view. I understand the problem with logos but names?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
Primis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckon View Post
Is this really a problem? I'm not a law expert but it's just a name. The same thing as for example National Hockey League and Pittsburgh Penguins (or other league or team names) from my point of view. I understand the problem with logos but names?
Names (team, league, alignment, and award) are all copyrighted/trademarked and protected as such.

When the UHL collapsed and Fort Wayne wanted top bring back the old IHL name and trophy names, they had to acquire the rights to do so. They couldn't just decide to use them on their own.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #11
Primis
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Don't know what the status is on the ECHL ratings but here's a few I know from personal experience watching and talking to others:

KALAMAZOO -
* G Joel Martin is a veteran and has carried a huge load this year starting most every game. This is his second go-round in Kalamazoo so we've seen him change somewhat. He's not spectacular or elite, but he's pretty rock solid and dependable even if he doesn't get a lot of shutouts.
* D Sam Ftorek is known for his slapshot. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever gets this right in any rosters for any game. His stats don't reflect it, but his slapshot is a thing to behold live and stands out from most others. He always is given attributes as a weak shooter, and that's not the case at least for slappers. It's probably his biggest weapon and is why he's used on the PP.
* C Kory Karlander is 40 years old playing in a young man's ECHL. Suffice to say, I don't think an Aging attribute of 10 is appropriate, he is not "average" in that regard considering how he's still playing and producing.

CINCINNATI -
* LW Mike Liambas probably needs his sportsmanship lowered from even a 5. The dude just gets suspended no matter where he goes, and is reckless beyond all belief.

EVANSVILLE -
* C Todd Robinson just ditched his team to sign in the CHL because Evansville was way out of the playoff picture. Since his IHL/UHL day she's been known as not necessarily the best teammate (even though he's still a great set-up man), and a horrible player in his own end. His Greed, Loyalty, and Teamplayer should reflect this, and I might consider downgrading him a bit defensively after his god-awful +/- he posted this year, even considering the +/- of his teammates.

FORT WAYNE -
* RW Brandon Marino has had a good year and is maybe the one single Komet fans are agreeing that they don't want to light on fire aside from Colin Chaulk. I don't know what you boost to reflect that, but intangibles somewhere, maybe Coachability, Bravery, and Determination?
* RW Kaleigh Schrock probably needs a slight boost in Bravery and maybe even Aggression. Dude's small but a menace.

TRENTON -
* D Mitch Versteeg was traded to Kalamazoo in return for C Justin Taylor back in November.

COLORADO -
* C Trent Daavettila's defensive game is better than his ratings currently reflect. He came into pro hockey as a 3rd-line guy from a tryout out of rec league hockey following college and his reliable, pain-in-the-butt play in his own zone was why he stuck around long enough to work his way to the top lines, and he thinks the game very well IMHO. His offensive ratings are probably about right. I'd bump his Coachability up too.

These are what stand out to me for now.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #12
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primis View Post
Names (team, league, alignment, and award) are all copyrighted/trademarked and protected as such.

When the UHL collapsed and Fort Wayne wanted top bring back the old IHL name and trophy names, they had to acquire the rights to do so. They couldn't just decide to use them on their own.
But all that will be editable right?