Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues

Old 04-08-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
Dbobola22
Minors (Triple A)

New League 2010 Forming

Paramount Baseball League, a New Out of the Park Online Baseball League forms; New Website Launch to Coincide with the Opening of the 2010 PBL Season

Boston, MA, April 6, 2010 -- Paramount Baseball League, a NEW Out of the Park Online Baseball League has formed; New Website launch to coincide with Opening of the 2010 ‘PBL’ Season.

League founder, Derek Bobola announces today the creation of a new OOTP online league which will be known as Paramount Baseball League (‘PBL’ for short). “The decision to bring another league into the OOTP Universe was a rather difficult decision to make. It is not something that I take for granted nor do I believe it will be a walk in the park. With every new league comes a lot of hard work, commitment, scheduling, and long hours. Even if we master all the previously mentioned tasks, that does not guarantee success. To be successful, we MUST find the right group of owners who love the game of baseball and love the game of OOTP.”

There was a lot of debate that went into exactly what kind of league ‘Paramount’ would become. There was some speculation that it would be a throwback league starting somewhere in the mid 80s to early 90s, but in the end, Bobola decided with the start of the real baseball season less than a week old, there would be a lot of anticipation for a league with the most up to date rosters he could find. “I opted to go with a new league with 2010 rosters and prospects simply because this is what I enjoy playing the most. It is going to be fun to see how Lackey does in Boston, Granderson in New York, Roy Halladay in Philadelphia and to be able to follow that while seeing how they do in the real world will be exciting.”

Bobola was asked about the idea of bringing in a Co-Commissioner and he said that he plans on bringing in somebody to help the league. “I learned from past experiences in online gaming that its important to have one voice who makes the final decision. I will be that voice! However, that does not mean I do not believe in having a helper or two to run the daily operations of a league. I am not a big fan of labels so call it a Co-Commissioner or League President but I will have someone next to me as my right-hand man. In the end I will make the final decision but I will fully trust and listen to my partner in doing what is best for the league.”

The main reason bringing in a League President is because Bobola wants to make the league more accessible and also wants to keep a tight schedule. “I think the biggest downfall of OOTP leagues that end up going defunct is the inability to keep the league running on a consistent schedule. I understand that the real world gets in the way many times, so by adding a second person who can make sure sims are run on schedule, answer any questions that may arise while I am not available just seems logical to me.”

"Our goal is for every single Owner to know they are the reason that our league will succeed and come away feeling like they are in the MVP of all leagues, because in our eyes they will be.

If your interested in becoming an Owner then please contact Derek (info listed below) with your information, team your interested in. Please list other teams you would be happy to control if your first choice is taken

--------
Contact info:
Derek
AIM: Dbobola22
Email: commish.paramountbaseball@gmail.com
Dbobola22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
Dbobola22
Minors (Triple A)

Just wanted to give a few details for the site:

* The league is brand new with 2010 roster. I have updated the contract extensions for Beckett, Upton, Yavado and Reynolds. If there were any extensions I missed, I would update them before the season starts.

* No scouting/coaching turned on

* 1-10 rating scale

Any other questions?
Old 04-09-2010, 06:52 AM   #3
mavericktango
Major Leagues

OOTPX or 11?
Old 04-09-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
Dbobola22
Minors (Triple A)

It will be OOTP X
Old 04-09-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Dbobola22
Minors (Triple A)

should mention that when 11 comes out and its tested, etc we will most likely make the switch