Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Title Bout Championship Boxing > TBCB Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 02:43 AM   #161
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 23/02

Two new fighterpacks added today.

The first is another pack by LeeSkye in his series on 1920s and 1930s HWs. This pack, number 5, includes 75 more HWs for any depresion era universe.

The second fighterpack, is a pack of fighters from the 1980s and 90s JMW to HW, rated by Vistaman.

Both packs can be found in the Fighterpack section on the Downloads page.

Mark
Gunsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:21 AM   #162
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 28/02

Two new EBU and British Commonwealth packs have been made available for downloads today as compiled by David Myers. The two packs cover the Light Heavyweight and Flyweight classes. The packs are available from the Fighterpacks section of the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 02-28-2005, 08:53 AM   #163
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Thanks again David! I am looking forward to using the new flyweights.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #164
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Mark:

Is it at all possible to set up an encyclopedia of fighter files at Cornerwork where users could post individual ratings? It would need to have rules and guidlines but be generaly self-policed by users so the webmaster work doesn't get out of hand i would think.

Just a thought. Do you guys need any support in running the site by the way? If you have expences, I would think that a donanation option on the site would allow us to help with whatever the maintenance costs may be.

Thanks,

Christopher
Old 03-02-2005, 02:40 AM   #165
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 02/03

Two new downloads added today, both from Shane.

The two downloads are the Fighterpack and Facepack for a Rocky Fighter Pack based on the fighters from the x-box Rocky game. The Fighterpack can be found in the Fictional Fighters section on the downloads page, while the Facepack will be found in the Facepacks section.

Mark
Old 03-02-2005, 02:43 AM   #166
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Quote:
Is it at all possible to set up an encyclopedia of fighter files at Cornerwork where users could post individual ratings?
I'm not sure how this would work as the people would need to upload the files using ftp to the site, or I would have to load the files individually myself. I'm not ssre I would have enough time to upload the files myself so.... let me think about it and tell me via PM if anyone has any good ideas.

Quote:
Just a thought. Do you guys need any support in running the site by the way?
You would need to talk to JR about the costs of running the site, in terms of time it really only takes 10 minutes every other day or so for me to keep it up to date, but thanks for the offer.

Mark
Old 03-04-2005, 01:54 AM   #167
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 04/03

Two more fighterpacks added today.

The first is the next installment, number 6, of the Photos Without Files thread packs. This one contains 77 fighters and photos compiled by Conn Chris.

The second file contains the BW champions and contenders for the EBU and British Commonwealth titles between 1945 and 1975 as compiled by David Myers.

Both files can be found in the Fighterpack section on the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 03-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #168
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 06/03

Two new fighterpacks and a related photopack have been added today.

The first pack is a pack of 11 amateur fighters, rated by Shane, who never turned pro, which will allow everybody to do what if scenarios. This pack can be found in the Fighterpacks section of the Downloads page. In the Photopacks section is a corresponding photpack that contains photos of the 11 fighters.

The second pack is a pack of 326 Strawweight fighters rated by Conn Chris containing all the fighters who have ever fought for strawweight national, regional or world titles. This pack can be found in the Fighterpacks section of the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 03-06-2005, 04:46 AM   #169
djday45
All Star Starter

Chris,
thks very much for the Strawweight pack. Although I only use the traditional 8 classes in my universe, I would still like to make use of your hard work. What would you suggest should be ammended if I made them Flyweights? which they would have been if around earlier before the Straweight divisions creation?

Should I use Mark's moving division table or something more extreme.

btw Thks also to Shane, David, Mark and everyone else who keeps providing such excellent support for the game.

rgds
Dean
djday45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:09 AM   #170
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Thanks Dean:

As a group, these fighters would have unrealistic power and would be too busy if they were dumped into the flyweight division as is.

In the strawweight class, upsets and unpredictability are the rule. I think that it has something to do with fact that the division is largely young kids or flys that couldn't cut it at the higher weight and kill themselvs to make mini-fly weight. Of course there are some guys who carve out a career at this weight, but very few.

Anyway, last time that I rated straws, I tried fooling around with the condition factor to build-in the unpredictability that is normal for the division, but it did not work very well.
This time, I did two things that seem to be working out well.

First, I used the HP formula without any adjustment for competition. This way, more one-punch power exists in the group - therefore, more unpredictability.

Second, after I rated the group, I went back and subtracted one from counterpunching and punching for all 6/7 rated fighters; I added 2 to each5/4/3/2 (and better 1's). This made the lower fighters more likely to get flash knockouts and more likely to build to a TKO. I left 8 rated fighters and above alone on the assumption that they may be more natural at this weight. Of course, this skewed all the overall numbers. But, as a group, they behave a little more like the real division. I am not sure that we could ever mimmic the weird stuff that happens there.

Bottom line, you would have to undo the HP/PL/PM stuff to get back to what my original ratings were, then decrease HP numbers for the move up to fly, and increase KO/KD/REC numbers by at least 2. Many of these guys are savagely beaten even when they move up three pounds, never mind all the way to Flyweight.

My opinion is that it is far more work than it is worth to do anything with these guys Dean. I appreciate the interest, but if I didn't run a strawweight didvision, I would probably just re-rate the few recocnizable fighters in the division (Rachman, Rocky Lin, et cetera) on a case-by-case basis. I realy got into this division, reading stories in the SA dispatch and some english Thai and Filippino on-line papers, I developed a strange attraction to Sugar Ray Mike and all the mono-named fighters; and even I wouldn't take the time to try and make these guys flyweight compatable

Looking forward to your next pack Dean,

Christopher

Last edited by CONN CHRIS; 03-06-2005 at 08:33 AM.
CONN CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:22 PM   #171
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 12/03

The MW and JMW champions and contenders for EBU and British Commonwealth Titles from 1945-1975, as comiled by David Myers, is available for download today. The fighterpack can be found in the Fighterpack section on the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 03-13-2005, 06:06 PM   #172
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 14/03

LeeSkye has provided us with his sixth pack of HWs from the 1920s and 1930s, this time it includes 100 pugilists of the era. The pack is available from the Fighterpacks section on the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 03-18-2005, 02:46 AM   #173
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 18/03

Two new downloads today.

As promised on the OOTPDevelopments message boards I have uploaded a sample of a spreadsheet I use for my universe. It can be found in the Miscellaneous section on the Downloads page.

Also added today a file of over 100 African fighters, mostly rated by Vistaman. The file can be found in the Fighterpacks section on the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 03-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #174
CONN CHRIS
Global Moderator

Well done Mark (and Mark). Thank you for the files!
Old 03-18-2005, 05:37 PM   #175
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 19/03

A fighter pack containing 102 more fighter files and photos from the Photos Without Files thread on the OOTPDevelopments messageboards and compiled by Conn Chris. The pack can be found in the Fighterpacks section on the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 03-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #176
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 25/03

Available in the Skins section on the Downloads page today is a Fight Screens pack based on the career of Oscar De La Hoya created by Dan.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 03-29-2005, 04:35 AM   #177
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 29/03

An updated B&W version of the Oscar De La Hoya skin as well as an all new Colour version of the skin are available for download. Both skins created by Dan, are available in the Skins section on the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 04-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #178
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 04/04

Another new skin created by Dan Cuoco is available for download, this time the fight screens are replaced by Black and White stills from the 60's featuring greats such as Dick Tiger. The Skin can be found in the Skins section on the Downloads page.

Mark
Old 04-14-2005, 02:25 AM   #179
kenyan_cheena
Hall Of Famer

Is cornerwork doing anything to honor the 20th anniversary of Hagler-Hearns? It's only two days away...
kenyan_cheena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:18 AM   #180
Gunsmoke
All Star Starter

Update 14/04

Added today were two new files for download. First a skin created by Dan Cuoco celebrating the great Sugar Ray Robinson. This file is available in the Skins section of the Downloads page.

Also added was the eighth Photos Without Files Thread Fighter pack, compiled by Conn Chris from the fantastic thread of the same name on the OOTPDevelopments message boards. The file is available in the Fighterpacks section on the Downloads page.

Mark