Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - General Discussions

OOTP 14 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2013 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 12-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #1
aadam
Minors (Rookie Ball)

MP - Most annoying thing ever

So it was the wildcard round in our league and since I had no games in that sim, I didn't submit an export file. As a result, the computer demoted some players to reduce roster size to 25.

It's ok if it makes some stupid decisions, like sending down a setup reliever. After all, someone has to be sent down. But why on Earth does it f*ck up why whole minor league system, sending about 60% of my players to new teams????? Now I have to undo everything, including to demote players where they had originally been, f*cking up their morale for the next several months.
aadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

You must set your playoff roster BEFORE the playoffs start regardless of whether you play in the upcoming round or not, since you didn't do that the AI had to set your system up and that includes your minor leagues as well as your ML club.

You could have avoided this in two ways.

1) This is the preferred method, Set your playoff roster Before the playoff's start like your supposed to do.

2) Lock all your players to their Minor league teams using the "Disable AI promotion/Demotion" option (You can lock everyone on a team from the transaction menu using the bullet next to the " Pos" on the upper left of the roster list) selecting them all, then right clicking on one player and use the disable promo/demo action

any time you let the AI make your roster moves for you you are at risk of this happening, Locking the players to their teams and handling the promotion/demotion yourself is the only sure way to prevent this in times you may not be able to get an export out
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 12-10-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
le receveur
All Star Starter

so in order for this to happen, you have to give the AI the right to make roster move correct? if you don't you would just get a warning and the game would stop until you had the proper roster setting....
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #4
Padreman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (formally San Diego, CA.)
Like it was set it was not the games fault but yours for knowing the game and it's functions and safety features

Chargers= Despicable Traitors
Padreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
so in order for this to happen, you have to give the AI the right to make roster move correct? if you don't you would just get a warning and the game would stop until you had the proper roster setting....

the AI would have made a 25 man playoff roster out of the players on the active roster already without making all the adjustments in the minors, Locking a player only keeps him on his current minor league team...it prevents promotion/demotion at the "minor league level" But it would have made the appropriate adjustments at the major league level to allow the sim to happen. Since the team in question wasn't playing in the wild card round, it would have been able to adjust it's roster as it see's fit between playoff series adding or removing players from it's playoff roster provided they met the criteria for that roster
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 12-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #6
le receveur
All Star Starter

thank you. so this is someone not agreeing with a roster decision that was delegated. this is why i don't delegate much to AI after he gave up on prospects with half a season of bad results...

learning everyday, and i really credit the regulars around here for the support
le receveur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by le receveur View Post
thank you. so this is someone not agreeing with a roster decision that was delegated. this is why i don't delegate much to AI after he gave up on prospects with half a season of bad results...

learning everyday, and i really credit the regulars around here for the support

I never let the AI do anything for me it makes some very unexplainable decisions sometimes (especially when it comes to the minor leagues) If there is gonna be a horrendous decision in my system, I rather it be me who makes it..

In an online league, the sim will happen weather your team is set up or not and if it isn't the only option a commish really has, is to let the AI handle things for your team. I always tell the guys in y league "If your team is unfit for a sim, the AI will make decisions for you and you may not like them"
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 12-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
stevew
Minors (Double A)

This is what I do.

For the 1 game WC game, I manually override the roster limit of 25 and set the roster limit to 40, and just make sure the WC teams are still at 25. Then after that WC game, I set it back to 25. I know it's not perfect but it's a workaround and doesn't affect the teams that aren't playing in the 1 gamer if they forget to export.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
'94 EXPOS
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
I never let the AI do anything for me it makes some very unexplainable decisions sometimes (especially when it comes to the minor leagues) If there is gonna be a horrendous decision in my system, I rather it be me who makes it.."

Exactly!!!!
'94 EXPOS is offline   Reply With Quote