Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 03-19-2016, 04:45 PM   #1
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Ridiculous Stats/Auto adding historical players to roster

Firstly, I'm getting some off the charts stats with my modifiers all set at 1. This is a historic mixup by the way. Miguel Cabera has 95 home runs and only 18 doubles in a 162 game season... Also, the game keeps adding spring training invitees from the historical rookie database instead of waiting until the draft. I'm not sure if that is intentional or not.

Last edited by polydamas; 03-19-2016 at 04:46 PM.
polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:54 PM   #2
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Additionally, the game seems to be ignoring the min/max player creation ages in the opening draft and in the imported roster fillers.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by polydamas View Post
Additionally, the game seems to be ignoring the min/max player creation ages in the opening draft and in the imported roster fillers.
If you're playing historical, it will. That's WAD. Those settings are just for fictional
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:47 PM   #4
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasberger View Post
If you're playing historical, it will. That's WAD. Those settings are just for fictional
That's too bad. I guess I'll keep editing their ages myself. Are the random spring training invitees intentional? For instance, Lefty Grove just popped up in my system.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #5
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Cliff Melton and Tommy John were randomly added to my roster as well. I was really struggling with pitching though, so it was ok. I think though that every team is getting a number of random addition each offseason.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #6
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Cliff Melton and Tommy John were randomly added to my roster as well. I was really struggling with pitching though, so it was ok. I think though that every team is getting a number of random addition each offseason.
Random additions? Probably the AI is still in control of your team. I'd say set yourself to commish mode (manager options), quit the job and reapply for the job in the available jobs screen. That should fix this.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 10:30 PM   #7
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Random additions? Probably the AI is still in control of your team. I'd say set yourself to commish mode (manager options), quit the job and reapply for the job in the available jobs screen. That should fix this.
What about the explosive offense? Cabrera is again on pace for 95 homers through 71 games with 43 already. Seems high despite all modifiers being set to 1.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:18 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
What about the explosive offense? Cabrera is again on pace for 95 homers through 71 games with 43 already. Seems high despite all modifiers being set to 1.
Modifiers at 1 may be way too high for your league, I cannot tell. May want to hit that recalc button prior to the next season.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:46 AM   #9
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
I tried this but guys are still popping up on rosters (not just mine). As for the recalc, I'll try it out this preseason.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #10
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Ty Cobb just appeared on the Tigers, Al Kaline on the Giants, ect. ect.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:19 PM   #11
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Recalc worked.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:35 PM   #12
polydamas
All Star Reserve

These guys who just show up, show up as free agents. I got Rube Waddell and Cy Young through this process. Is it intentional?
Old 03-22-2016, 08:18 PM   #13
polydamas
All Star Reserve

Post release patch, on a different computer, a different save, still historical mixup, and I'm still getting random additions to ALL rosters in the offseason. Someone got a free Honus Wagner. I can't see why this would be WAD.

Edit: Seems to get better as time goes on though. By season 3 only 2 guys popped up. They also appear with their history if they played before the year you have the game set to. This messes up the record books, which is annoying.

Last edited by polydamas; 03-22-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:00 AM   #14
polydamas
All Star Reserve

This is frustrating. Not only am I getting random people popping up on rosters (Votto, Honus Wagner [again], ect), but a number of them are duplicates. This is very nearly gamebreaking for this mode. It requires a lot of work to fix.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:42 AM   #15
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
This is frustrating. Not only am I getting random people popping up on rosters (Votto, Honus Wagner [again], ect), but a number of them are duplicates. This is very nearly gamebreaking for this mode. It requires a lot of work to fix.
This is fixed in the next patch