Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLBM 2018 - General Discussions

MLBM 2018 - General Discussions Talk about MLB Manager 2018, the baseball management game for iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android.

Old 07-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #1
murp0560
Minors (Single A)

Lightbulb Post Trade-Deadline Roster Update

Markus,

Can we get a post Deadline Roster update for MLB Manager? Totally cool if it is $5. I think there is a HUGE opportunity being missed.

I would like others to lend support to this cause. I own the last 4 years of IOOTP and OOTP.

Thanks!!!!

Spencer.
murp0560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #2
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murp0560 View Post
Markus,

Can we get a post Deadline Roster update for MLB Manager? Totally cool if it is $5. I think there is a HUGE opportunity being missed.

I would like others to lend support to this cause. I own the last 4 years of IOOTP and OOTP.

Thanks!!!!

Spencer.
Nice idea but after the opening day roster update I believe the game is rightfully considered a finished product until next years version.
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:21 PM   #3
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edster007 View Post
Nice idea but after the opening day roster update I believe the game is rightfully considered a finished product until next years version.
This is correct. Very few updates with the app.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:22 AM   #4
murp0560
Minors (Single A)

Talking Yeah

Thats why I’m asking for a change and a fee so that it pays for the extra work. Win-win.
murp0560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #5
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by murp0560 View Post
Thats why I’m asking for a change and a fee so that it pays for the extra work. Win-win.
I don't think you can charge for an update to an app and if they were so inclined to do the update I don't think money would be the motivating factor.

Easiest thing to do is take over teams and complete the trades yourself. I do it all the time when I do historical replays.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:14 PM   #6
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think you can charge for an update to an app and if they were so inclined to do the update I don't think money would be the motivating factor.

Easiest thing to do is take over teams and complete the trades yourself. I do it all the time when I do historical replays.
I don't think you can take over other teams and complete trades on the app. Maybe if you can force trades in commish mode, but the app does not allow that either.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I don't think you can take over other teams and complete trades on the app. Maybe if you can force trades in commish mode, but the app does not allow that either.
I do it all the time. I replayed the 84 Cubs and the Red Sox wouldn't trade me Eckersley and Bromley for Buckner. So I took over the Sox, made the trade and then went back to managing the Cubs. Had to do the same thing with the Indians to acquire Sutcliffe it was a 6 player trade and the Indians wouldnt except.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:00 PM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do it all the time. I replayed the 84 Cubs and the Red Sox wouldn't trade me Eckersley and Bromley for Buckner. So I took over the Sox, made the trade and then went back to managing the Cubs. Had to do the same thing with the Indians to acquire Sutcliffe it was a 6 player trade and the Indians wouldnt except.
I guess the AI knows who gets the short end of the trade?

So Technically I can play as all teams just not at once? Do this mess up the Manager Point system?

Last edited by daves; 07-29-2018 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:30 AM   #9
Edster007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I guess the AI knows who gets the short end of the trade?

So Technically I can play as all teams just not at once? Do this mess up the Manager Point system?
Yes, using the Buckner/Eckersley trade as an example. Eck was much higher rated than Buckner and when I tried to make the trade the Sox told me it wasn't a fair deal and wanted more. When I took over the Sox the Cubs were more than happy to make the deal and I completed the trade against the Sox managers wishes. I don't advance a day and just switch myself back to managing my original team in this case the Cubs.

Technically you can play as a different team everyday. What you can't do is set lineups and have the AI follow them when you leave. Once the Human stops managing the AI will setup the organization. I confess I don't pay any attention to the manager points so I am afraid I can't answer that. I have only done the above during single season replays to complete trades that had an impact in the season I am replaying and not every deal.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #10
ricealum
Minors (Double A)

You can also just change the trading difficulty from Average to Very Easy, which usually does the trick.

Main Menu > Settings > Trading Difficulty

I just tried this and the exact same trade went from "That's a very bad deal for us" to "That's a rather fair offer, barely." It's technically cheating, I guess, but sometimes the game cheats you, too.

Just remember to change the setting back later to make the game fairer to the other teams.
ricealum is offline   Reply With Quote