Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML

Old 07-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #1
klavier
Major Leagues

2004 Skybox LE card template

Default only, backgrounds are a mix of Honorable Pawn's stuff and some I did myself.
Link - 04 skybox le

Last edited by klavier; 07-12-2014 at 06:03 PM.
klavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Wow!!

That is the best looking baseball card I have seen yet. Can you post a couple more screenshots? Some people may skip the link so you have to entice them...
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
klavier
Major Leagues

Old 07-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Very very good, Dude.

Crisp, clean. If you don't mind I would like to use these for the quick-start I am working on. Is that ok with you?
Old 07-12-2014, 06:13 PM   #5
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

If yes, then do you have All-star etc cards too?
Old 07-12-2014, 06:23 PM   #6
klavier
Major Leagues

You can use it in your quickstart if you'd like. Didn't like any of the inserts in the set so I didn't make an all-star, hof or award version.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

These look fricken sweeeet dude! May I ask a quick question, what's the purpose of cards for ootp? I mean no disrespect, an honest question I've been wondering about for a while.

I really like how these look none the less!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Excellent work once again! Any plans for '95 Score, '96 or '97 Upper Deck, or '97 Score? Nothing from '96 or '97 has been made yet, and only my ProCards minor league set for '95.
ThatSeventiesGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
These look fricken sweeeet dude! May I ask a quick question, what's the purpose of cards for ootp? I mean no disrespect, an honest question I've been wondering about for a while.

The game generates all-star cards etc for players if you check the option. It's an immersion thing.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #10
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

In addition to the cards the game makes automatically, you can make a card for any player in the game, and you can install multiple templates for that if you want. Good if you use facegen, and want a pic of a player in every uniform he wore during his career.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #11
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
The game generates all-star cards etc for players if you check the option. It's an immersion thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatSeventiesGuy View Post
In addition to the cards the game makes automatically, you can make a card for any player in the game, and you can install multiple templates for that if you want. Good if you use facegen, and want a pic of a player in every uniform he wore during his career.
Cool thanks guys!! I'm so gonna use these and make some cards for persona enjoyment
Old 07-12-2014, 08:43 PM   #12
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Cool thanks guys!! I'm so gonna use these and make some cards for persona enjoyment
They are an awesome feature. Some OOTP players go so far as to print them.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 09:31 PM   #13
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
They are an awesome feature. Some OOTP players go so far as to print them.
Yeah that is pretty cool! :P I just for the first time found the location within my saved game where the all-star default OOTP cards are generated.

If I may take this a step further I downloaded the file listed in the original post but where do I place that and how do I make my own cards from that?
Old 07-12-2014, 10:49 PM   #14
klavier
Major Leagues

By default the xmls and images folder go in "Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 15/bb_cards/templates/ootp15". If you plan to let the game automatically make the cards you need to have "Enable baseball cards" checked in the Game Setup->Player/Picture Options and have a default, all_star and hof xml (awards will just use the default if there is no specific xml for them).

If you're not sure what order you want the cards in and want to decide it season by season but only want one template used for the whole season you can have each template in it's own folder in "templates" and then you can either rename folders as needed or follow Bigrod's instructions:

What you need to do is before OOTP creates that years cards is to Open up preferences and select the troubleshooting tab and select open folder containing app.cfg file.
Then open the cfg file with any text editor and down near the bottom you'll see the bbcard entry.
Change this entry to whatever template you want to use.
This is mine
bb_cards_template_set
test
Yours could be
bb_cards_template_set
topps_74
or
bb_cards_template_set
topps_67
Hope you get the Idea.

If you're doing a historical league and want the cards made in the actual year automatically (1962 Topps made for your 1962 season) you can just add the year to the end of the xml default file names (default_1962.xml, all_star_1955.xml,etc...) and place all the templates in the ootp15 folder. If you have a fictional league and you know the order you want the cards to be used you can do this method also.

Example of using the specific year/decade method:
You have the 1962 Topps with "_196" (showing you the decade method here also) in the file name, the 1964, 1970, 1971 and 1973 Topps templates with the individual year in file name and Bigrod's default template all in the folder.

Starting a sim in 1960 the cards will be done as follows:
1960-1963 - 62 Topps
1964 - 64 Topps
1965-1969 - 62 Topps
1970 - 70 Topps
1971 - 71 Topps
1972 - Bigrod's default
1973 - 73 Topps
post 1973 - Bigrod's default

For manually making the cards you don't need "Enable baseball cards" checked. Location to make them in-game (thanks DCG12): On the player page at the top under the player picture is a row of tabs. The last tab is "editor". Click that and half way down is a color coded tab "picture functions". The last selection under that tab is baseball cards.

If you only plan on doing them manually you can rename the xmls to something that reminds you what it makes and put all of the files in the ootp15 folder and they will show up in the drop down menu list. If you manually make multiple cards of the same player in the same season you will want to put something in the title text box otherwise it will override the previous one from the same season.

Last edited by klavier; 07-12-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 01:18 AM   #15
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Wow thank you so much for the detailed response!!!! I am going to have to try this out. I'd like to may cards for my own pleasure of specific players! Especially my self created player in game

Hopefully I can do this easy enough by your instructions!
Old 07-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #16
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow thank you so much for the detailed response!!!! I am going to have to try this out. I'd like to may cards for my own pleasure of specific players! Especially my self created player in game

Hopefully I can do this easy enough by your instructions!
Cards are one of the best parts of OOTP! I must have at least 100 different templates made by awesome posters in this community. Topps, Fleer, Upper Deck, Score, Conlon, Post, Ralston/Purina, O-Pee-Chee, Procards, Donruss etc..
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:14 AM   #17
ThatSeventiesGuy
Hall Of Famer

You can never have too many card templates. I'll be posting 1996 Upper Deck tomorrow, bringing us one step closer to the goal of having at least one template available for every year from 1973-present.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #18
KJDelaney
All Star Reserve

Can someone tell me where to install them?

Thanks.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #19
klavier
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJDelaney View Post
Can someone tell me where to install them?

Thanks.
Documents/Out of the Park Developments/OOTP Baseball 15/bb_cards/templates/ootp15