Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:13 AM   #1
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Random Debut, Inaugural Draft, Delete Old Players

If I delete old players (say over age 28) before I start the draft, do those players show up in later drafts or are they gone forever? I think I remember reading here sometime that they would show up but a quick search did not find anything
Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #2
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInCincy View Post
If I delete old players (say over age 28) before I start the draft, do those players show up in later drafts or are they gone forever? I think I remember reading here sometime that they would show up but a quick search did not find anything
I've heard the same, but I have no idea if it's fact or fiction. We really need a mad tester type to come along and prove it one way or the other.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #3
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

I tested and it does use the originally deleted players in later years. I deleted somewhere around 150 and 3 of them showed up in the next years draft

EDIT: Make that at least 3, I only looked at draft log so there may have been a few more undrafted

Last edited by MarkInCincy; 05-18-2014 at 08:47 AM.
MarkInCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I tested and it does use the originally deleted players in later years. I deleted somewhere around 150 and 3 of them showed up in the next years draft

EDIT: Make that at least 3, I only looked at draft log so there may have been a few more undrafted
I thank you for running that test. I like the variety of players that show up and the ages, but there are certain players that I really hate seeing come in as old men.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

How does age affect their ratings?
If Honus Wagner comes in at age 38 with his ratings based on career is he rated the same as if he came in at 22? How are ratings affected if you change a Rdp's age?
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballMan View Post
How does age affect their ratings?
If Honus Wagner comes in at age 38 with his ratings based on career is he rated the same as if he came in at 22? How are ratings affected if you change a Rdp's age?
Old guys suck ratings wise, it makes the ratings using the stats for the relative year (or maybe the current and the previous 2 or so), changing his age after created does nothing to ratings , it does not recalc. It makes sense that way to me, a 38 yr old Honus is nowhere near as good as a 27 yr old one. In the test I did Babe Ruth came in at 38 and was 1 star player, had like a 30 ish power rating ona 1 to 100 scale. Changing his age in game to 24 did not change the ratings
Old 05-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #7
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Old guys suck ratings wise, it makes the ratings using the stats for the relative year (or maybe the current and the previous 2 or so), changing his age after created does nothing to ratings , it does not recalc. It makes sense that way to me, a 38 yr old Honus is nowhere near as good as a 27 yr old one. In the test I did Babe Ruth came in at 38 and was 1 star player, had like a 30 ish power rating ona 1 to 100 scale. Changing his age in game to 24 did not change the ratings
So then rdp's ratings are based on one year and not a whole career? That kinda sucks. I think most people would prefer random players to come in with ratings based on whole career. I think that most of us want Babe Ruth to perform like Babe Ruth and have the abilities of Babe Ruth but just see if he does a little better or worse if he played at another time. But no matter what time period you put Ruth in he should be pretty damn good. Unless he is 42 but i cant think of anyone who would want to bring Ruth in as a 42 yr old rookie.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

I guess I did not explain it right, potential is based on remaining career, which is what I use for first draft, and then I cahnge to entire career for all other drafts. As for ratings not sure what game does but it works, a 38 yr old Ruth is NOT going to hit 60 HR's
Old 05-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #9
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess I did not explain it right, potential is based on remaining career, which is what I use for first draft, and then I cahnge to entire career for all other drafts. As for ratings not sure what game does but it works, a 38 yr old Ruth is NOT going to hit 60 HR's
True but why even have players come in at 38? Who would want Ruth at 38 when you can have an average player at 25? I like random debuts. I dont think i like random debut plus random age.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #10
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
True but why even have players come in at 38? Who would want Ruth at 38 when you can have an average player at 25? I like random debuts. I dont think i like random debut plus random age.
Well, thanks to the testing MarkInCincy performed we now know you don't have to have a Ruth enter at 38. Just delete him and he will reappear at his debut age later. When I seen Mark's results I started a new random debut league. I probably deleted less than 10 players. Sure I have players close to the end of their careers, but that's needed to avoid roster logjams.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #11
MarkInCincy
All Star Reserve

Quote:
The only time there is a random age is the inaugural draft all subsequent yrs they are the same age they really debuted thus the whole point of my test. If they are older than x yrs in inaugural then delete them them and they show up sometime in later drafts at age they really debuted.....