Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 15 > OOTP 15 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 15 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the the latest version of our game, please come here!

Old 05-23-2014, 02:07 PM   #1
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

How many games a season?

I'm creating a fictional Tawainese league, and the minute I saw that it, by default, creates a schedule of 100 games per season, and then saw the HOF criteria reflected a 162 game schedule, I was stumped.

Do most of you just bump the number of games up to 162? Do you set your HOF criteria, and if so, what are your thresholds for each statistical category? What about those of you who play much shorter seasons? I'm not sure I have the patience to go through 162 games a season, and I'd wonder how "realistic" the stats are with a 100 game season.

Your thoughts?
thevaliantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #2
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

I know I'll never actually look at the international HOF players, so I've not thought about this at all, sorry
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

What does "international" have to do with it? If you created an "american" league, the issue would be no less.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:26 PM   #4
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

What I'll do is (normally in a spreadsheet, but you could do it by hand if you wanted) multiply a given counting benchmark by the the ratio between your league's games and 162. In your example, the benchmark for hits is 3000, so I'd do:

3000 * (100/162) = 1851.85

Then, round it to something close by. Say, 1850 or 1900, or 2000 if you want it a bit more exclusive.
olivertheorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:29 AM   #5
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

I'm doing exactly as you suggested, Oliver! After simming the Tawainese league for 10 years the closest guy to reach the Minimum Home Runs for HOF induction, which is 310, is a guy with 257 Homeruns at the age of 37 and having completed 11 seasons.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #6
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Pity for that guy. Clearly a late bloomer who probably would have made it had he debuted a few years earlier.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
Pity for that guy. Clearly a late bloomer who probably would have made it had he debuted a few years earlier.
I have been tempted to start a dynasty. Do you have any going? I have been adding news stories to my league, is there some way to put them online?
Old 05-25-2014, 11:50 AM   #8
Klew1986
Hall Of Famer

I am setting up a fictional game and would like some feedback on potential HOF criteria numbers. It will be a 16 team league, playing a 154 game schedule.

Here is what I have so far:

Hits: 2,800 (default is 3,000)
Homeruns: 450 (default is 500)
Wins: 200 (default is 250)
Saves: 500 (default is 450)

Ones I need help with are:
Avg (default is .300)
Hits minimum for Avg Above (default is 2,000)
VORP (default is 700)
ERA (default is 4.00)
Minimum Wins for ERA above (200)
Klew1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:21 PM   #9
olivertheorem
All Star Starter

Klew, I addressed that question in that one thread on the General Discussions board.

thevaliantx, I'm in the beginning states of a fictional one in which I'm chronicling the history of a league I started. It's the American Baseball Congress thread in the Dynasty Report forum.

You can start a thread there for your news stories.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:51 AM   #10
thevaliantx
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by olivertheorem View Post
Klew, I addressed that question in that one thread on the General Discussions board.

thevaliantx, I'm in the beginning states of a fictional one in which I'm chronicling the history of a league I started. It's the American Baseball Congress thread in the Dynasty Report forum.

You can start a thread there for your news stories.
I thank you for the suggestion. OOTP should really think about adding a feature to allow news stories, that are manually created by the ootp player, to be automatically uploaded to the dynasty forum under the appropriate username (the game-to-forum link would be configured within ootp). That way dynasty reports are easily uploaded to the server and viewed by others.