Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Schedules
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Schedules Create your very own game schedules, or share historical schedules

Old 05-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Question Schedule Request: 106 teams, 11 divisions, 162 games

I want to do an All Time World Series. Take the winner of each World Series and put them in a division with the other World Champions from their decade. Have a division for each decade. Play a full 162-game schedule resulting in a playoff slate that includes the winner of each division and five wildcards for a 16-team tournament that would be best-of-7 for every round leading to the Mother of All World Series. For the sake of even numbers, and completeness, I'm simming the 1994 season to determine the champion of that year so the 90's don't have 9 teams.

Here's the configuration I would have: 10 divisions of 10 teams each and one division of 6 teams (the 1900's). I would like no interdivision games if possible. I can be flexible and make the 1900's and 1910's one superdivision of 16 teams (a Deadball Division) if that's easier.

Is this feasible to put together? Thanks in advance.

Edited to Add: My math is bad apparently. 106 teams, not 116.

Last edited by kit444; 05-02-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Change in request
kit444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

As a follow-up question, is it possible to copy and paste schedules from smaller leagues into a bigger XML file to use for a schedule? Say like to take a schedule from a 10-team league and copy it into a larger schedule file 10 times over?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Find and Replace is my friend. I took a couple of gmo's schedules (thanks to him for those): the 6-team 160 game and the 10-team 162 game. I made 9 copies of the 10-team schedule and changed the team numbers to match my extended league. I adjusted the 6-team schedule to cut it down to 175 days (to match the 10-team schedule) by filling in a lot of the empty Sundays, added in an All-Star Break and a couple of additional games to bring it up to 162. Then I concatenated all the schedules into one large schedule file.

All of the games in the pre-1950's divisions are played during the day. There are some quirks in the 1900's division, such as a few series starting on Sunday and some 5-game series. I attached a copy of it if anyone is interested.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #4
Jaxxvain
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit444 View Post
Find and Replace is my friend. I took a couple of gmo's schedules (thanks to him for those): the 6-team 160 game and the 10-team 162 game. I made 9 copies of the 10-team schedule and changed the team numbers to match my extended league. I adjusted the 6-team schedule to cut it down to 175 days (to match the 10-team schedule) by filling in a lot of the empty Sundays, added in an All-Star Break and a couple of additional games to bring it up to 162. Then I concatenated all the schedules into one large schedule file.

All of the games in the pre-1950's divisions are played during the day. There are some quirks in the 1900's division, such as a few series starting on Sunday and some 5-game series. I attached a copy of it if anyone is interested.
Nice work!

Schedule creation is a bitch, isn't it?
Jaxxvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
kit444
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxxvain View Post
Nice work!

Schedule creation is a bitch, isn't it?
Thanks. Having the base schedules to work from helped a lot. I can't imagine starting one from scratch.