Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #161
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
I would maybe put in a bid for Zimmerman at 1,500 PP if I was at home. Sure he's in the Z mission which gives a standard pack, but he's also in the Rangers mission. There's lots of cards now that are in multiple missions.
Synergy!

That being said, the time immediately following a mission's release is not the most opportune time to purchase a card. Wait for prices to normalize, or even better, anticipate the next mission and buy cards before their demand increases and their supply becomes locked.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:23 PM   #162
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
Synergy!

That being said, the time immediately following a mission's release is not the most opportune time to purchase a card. Wait for prices to normalize, or even better, anticipate the next mission and buy cards before their demand increases and their supply becomes locked.
Indeed. Sometimes it works (i.e. the Orioles mission), sometimes it doesn't (the two teams I'm not saying yet, but I've cornered the market on Iron, Bronze, Silver and in one case, nearly gold too.)

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #163
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
I've noticed a lot of gouging like that going on. I just shake my head and click Buy Pack shortly thereafter. n They're pricing regular folk out of the missions, and trust me...if they do that much more, it'll start to impact profits...that's what I'm fearful of anyway. <<putting on fireproof suit waiting to get flamed—too early in the day by far for a Crown rocks>>
These missions are hurting the market imho... People are now sitting on cards that have yet to have missions attached to them yet and specifically sitting on those with Teams that have yet to drop missions. The supply is down drastically and the prices that are up are through the roof.

4 weeks ago I was able to find multiples of the Players I am trying to buy up to fill one my my Team based theme teams. Since they have no missions yet folks have figured out if they hold onto them they will be worth a premium for what, all of about 24-48 hours if they are lucky enough to list them first and have the compulsive buyers gobble them up before the prices settle back down.

So my nefarious plan to stock up on my team before their missions drop and wake up one Monday morning to see a list of all of a sudden completed Missions has hit the wall...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 10:41 AM   #164
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

It seemed to me that AH activity increased quite well after the first collection missions came, and by now the prices have settled down too. Something similar will likely happen with newer missions.

There are thousands of other cards to find and use too Plus it still happens that people not-in-the-know list things cheaper. Packs are better ‘value’ now.

I’d find it more boring if the AH didn’t have these ‘changing’ events and stayed the same the whole year.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:57 PM   #165
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Do the prices ever really settle down though? Like, can you get a good deal on White Sox players now? I'm skeptical.

I know I was waiting on completing one of the Reds missions for a very long time.. only finished it last week. Ernie Lombardi's price never came down all that much, if it all. Luckily my patience paid off as the Diamond Pack got me 99 Walter Johnson, but still.

I think as these already-rare historical cards get taken out of circulation, there won't be enough supply to drive prices down as much as people expect.

I'm hoping I hit the sweet spot in timing for completing the Rangers mission. The first few aren't so bad, but the one with modern-day players is going to be very hard to complete.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:24 PM   #166
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

‘Relatively’ settled down, I should have said Though I don’t know much about the high value market.

I suppose only OOTP know about the balance of supply and demand.
Old 08-21-2019, 01:26 PM   #167
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonaut View Post
Do the prices ever really settle down though? Like, can you get a good deal on White Sox players now? I'm skeptical.
Settle down is relative. These cards will settle, but missions ensure there is now demand where there previously was little or none.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:13 PM   #168
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Heh, love it when someone snatches one of my cards when it's not the lowest priced option available. Pulled 2 perfect Scherzers in a 3-pack span recently and just sold the 2nd one for 27,500 despite another one listed for 25,994. Same thing happened last week with a Bagwell I listed for 35,000 with another one up for 29,999 at the same time.

Of course, sometimes I am the one with the lower priced option and it's certainly no fun then.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:45 AM   #169
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of which, do we know who the guy is that always lists his auctions with prices ending in 94? That weird price tickles my OCD somehow…

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:00 AM   #170
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Ending an auction with a 4 means the 10% tax rounds down that last .4 of a point

He is sticking it to the man .4 PP at a time. A true hero.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:44 PM   #171
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Attached Images

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 07:03 PM   #172
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

That new 100 Hughie Jennings card is very nice. Probably will be a favorite amongst whales. Anyone think it'll sell for 1-2 million PP? Maybe I should purchase $1000 worth of PP so I can grab it. lol

Last edited by waittilnextyear; 08-23-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:04 PM   #173
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
Speaking of which, do we know who the guy is that always lists his auctions with prices ending in 94? That weird price tickles my OCD somehow…
There's an 01 bandit out there also. I think most people do the 98/99 or 99/00 endings to their auctions, so these other ones stand out.

Old 08-24-2019, 09:30 AM   #174
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
That new 100 Hughie Jennings card is very nice. Probably will be a favorite amongst whales. Anyone think it'll sell for 1-2 million PP? Maybe I should purchase $1000 worth of PP so I can grab it. lol
Well the first one has hit the AH and the guy wants a cool million for it.

Would love to pull it for my Orioles team. Then I realised - hang on a second, he didn't play for those Orioles. They went out of business in 1899. So that's okay.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
Old 08-26-2019, 12:38 PM   #175
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

There's a Ken Griffey Jr 89 OVR (that's right, the 89 OVR, not the SE 100 OVR) currently listed in the AH for just north of 1 billion PP.

It's an auction with no BIN, and it's a 2-day auction so there's plenty of time for you to head over and laugh at it.

SPTT team

Old 08-26-2019, 01:29 PM   #176
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
looks like the first one sold for 800K so starting at a mil wasn't that far off

I want to add perfect wagner at SS but somehow the average price has shot up to 400K after he constantly traded near 250K a month or two ago.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:00 PM   #177
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Sucker bait...

I don't know which is sorrier...

a) that some is so greedy they'll list this card at this price for a mission that promises 2 Bronze players and a gold pack

---or---

b) that they just assume we're so childishly impulse driven that we'll actually pay this.

Either way, I just shook my head...
Attached Images

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:10 PM   #178
Argonaut
All Star Starter

Bruce Sutter is an interesting one because it's a useful card that just happens to be part of a mission. Sometimes these go for more, and sometimes they go for less because there's a lot of supply out there from people using him. We'll see what happens when his price settles.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #179
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Wait...

what?

For a mission that yields a Standard Pack? Wow, where's my Sam Elliot meme?
Attached Images

Old 09-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #180
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Baaaaaaaaahahahaha

Baaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahhahahahahaaha!!!
Attached Images