Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:48 PM   #1
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Football thoughts - Week 15

Who's ready for the Cheribundi Cherrt Tart Boca Rotan Bowl?!??!!!!

............What happended to the Blue-Gray Game?.........

............I just went thru ESPN's Playoff Machine. My projections changed nothing from the current playoff scenario..........

............I would have been mildly surprised & impressed if the Rams were able to squeak out a win in Seattle. To see them stomp a mudhole into the Seahawks chest while on Seattle's front lawn was another story. Quietly, the Rams have the NFL's best pt diff. They and Jax are the only teams in the NFL's top 5 in off/def pts per game. We might need to pay more attention to the Rams.........

..........Speaking of the Seattle, I wonder if they will become the NFC's West version of the Cowboys. In that they will be the division's most hated franchise. Teams in the NFC East hate Dallas because they have consistently been the team the others needed to get past. I was just thinking about how the Seahawks have been atop the West for so long. First, they butted heads with the Niners, then it was the Cards, now its the Rams. Others go up and down. But Seattle has stayed consistent.........

........Remember when it seemed like every other kicker was named Zedejas?.........

.........Nice to finally see the Panther's secondary make plays instead of just making sure they were close enough to see the WR catch the pass. I've been waiting for this unit to become a strength like the coaching staff has been predicting. They aren't there yet. But at least they are causing some turnovers.

And continued progress will certainly be needed. The Panthers could be w/o 2 starting LB's moving forward. Shaq Thompson has sat the last 2 games due to injury & Thomas Davis was rightly suspended for an illegal hit (though I think it should have been for just one game). Davis obviously was remorseful for his blindside block on Davonte Adams. But it is also obvious that NFL players aren't as concerned about each other's safety as they should. Proper discipline isn't for solely administering punishment. It's purpose should be to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again. So if the NFL is going to continue to raise the penalty in order to make players more aware, I'm all for it...........

..........Watching the Patriots is like seeing a rasslin' heel walk away w/the belt after the ref's head was turned when the low blow was delivered..........

.........If you were Kirk Cousins, would you fake a mild injury these last 2 weeks?...........

........Don't you think Goodell should have made a statement by now about Jerry Richardson? Something tells me he's afraid to answer questions about when he learned of JR's past indiscretions and what he did about them..............

........What happened to Tim Biakabutuka?.........

.......Just think.......in 2015 the Browns went 3-13. If they don't win in the last 2 weeks, they would have gotten progressively worse each season since. Three in 2015, 1 last year, 0 this year. Just 2 wins in 26 months. Eight teams this year have won 2 in a week's time, playing Sunday & then the Thursday night game..........
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:16 PM   #2
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
........What happened to Tim Biakabutuka?.........
He's sitting on his couch somewhere resting on these laurels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wSUL3kk1w

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFanInNC View Post
He's sitting on his couch somewhere resting on these laurels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3wSUL3kk1w

I just threw up in my mouth a little.
Trying to figure out which is more amazing. 300+ yds or 300+ yds & just 1 TD.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 12-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

I am very thankful to the Browns and their long-suffering fans. You know why.

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:28 AM   #5
Ragnar
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
I am very thankful to the Browns and their long-suffering fans. You know why.
I'm not sure how long they suffered. Keep in mind the Browns have been a good team for a very long time when you consider they are actually the Ravens. This new Browns team absolutely bites.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:42 PM   #6
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Cobra Mgr, I am sorry to keep using your thread as personal therapy for being a New York Giants fan, but again I must avail myself of the opportunity.

My God, how awfully bad can a pro football team be and not be named the Cleveland Browns?

Shut out yesterday by the Arizona Cardinals, 23-0. "The Cardinals entered the game without a touchdown -- but 10 field goals -- in their previous 10 quarters." Giants: No running game. No passing game. Yet another mediocre wide receiver goes down with an injury. Even the kicker misses a 33-yard field goal, their only chance to avoid a shutout.

You know what annoys me? That they didn't let McAdoo and Reese stay on to the end to extend their humiliation and solidify their loser reputations. Still, it's not all on them; this is officially the worst Giants team in their entire history as measured by season losses so far: 13.

They go for 14 next week. What a relief it will be to get this season over with. They had better work on a good draft (how about a QB or RB for a change?) and get started on rebuilding this sorry mess.

And goodbye, Eli. It's been great but this is now "crash and burn" time. It's over.

- Bru

Old 12-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #7
TheMaus2
All Star Starter

It'd be hilarious if Brady outlasted both of the Manning boys IMO

I also listen to music no one's ever heard of in hopes of looking cool and alternative.
TheMaus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #8
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And goodbye, Eli. It's been great but this is now "crash and burn" time. It's over.
I'm watching the game today and listening to the analysts. Eli's had to deal with six or seven dropped passes already (early third quarter) and the O-line actually looks better (but still not very good) without those bums Flowers and Hart. The word is that Manning can still play at almost 37 but he needs injury-recovered receivers, better protection, and a reliable running game to take the pressure off him. I'm retracting what I said above.

- Bru

Old 12-31-2017, 04:57 PM   #9
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Actually, I was encouraged by this game. Sure, the Giants sputtered on offense again, lots of punts. But the offensive line did play well with a couple of rookies in it, looking like they wanted the job. So there was a decent Giants running game today, enough to keep the ball away from the Redskins. The defense played well and there were . . . NO dumb penalties (a pet peeve of mine)! So if I have to settle for 3-13, this was not a bad way to wind up the season.

- Bru

Old 12-31-2017, 06:44 PM   #10
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, I was encouraged by this game. Sure, the Giants sputtered on offense again, lots of punts. But the offensive line did play well with a couple of rookies in it, looking like they wanted the job. So there was a decent Giants running game today, enough to keep the ball away from the Redskins. The defense played well and there were . . . NO dumb penalties (a pet peeve of mine)! So if I have to settle for 3-13, this was not a bad way to wind up the season.
One thing the Giants should get in their heads. Gettlemen is a man with little sentimentality. You're nothing but a name w/a potential salary cap hit in his eyes. Doesn't matter if you produce or not. Especially if you aren't on the front line.You might not be playing for your roster spot on the Giants. You might be auditioning for your roster spot on the other 31 teams.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 10-23-2018, 10:34 AM   #11
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Cobra Mgr, you're falling down. Where is this year's thread?

Anyway, I dug this one up to report that, once again, the wheels have fallen off the Giants cart.

This time, they will be looking for a QB with their lottery pick and the pickin's will be slim, unfortunately.

- Bru

Old 10-23-2018, 01:58 PM   #12
damientheomen3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Anyway, I dug this one up to report that, once again, the wheels have fallen off the Giants cart.

This time, they will be looking for a QB with their lottery pick and the pickin's will be slim, unfortunately.
I still think the Bills will be the NFL's worst team (or the Cardinals if they give in and trade Patrick Peterson) but the Giants can at least give Drew Lock a shot. Unfortunate that Justin Herbert will likely be staying in school, might be worth it for the Giants to prioritize O-Line early in the draft but this one looks weak there (and really at every position but D-Line and linebacker).
damientheomen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #13
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As I've said before, I love the game of football. I hate almost everything about how it is managed. I've made a conscious effort to talk less online about it. I hope I get to the point where I speak zero about it. I already try to maintain a zero economic footprint on the game. It's my personal way of showing disgust with the NFL/NCAA. I miss doing my "columns". It was real fun. But I think I would be a hypocrite if I continued to independently hype the game while the powers that be maintained the status quo. It's not as if I expect to make a dent in the system. But I also think when individuals see something reprehensible & do nothing, they are passively condoning what is going on. We shouldn't need to publicly protest, organize boycotts etc to send our own message. When enough individuals do so, the "man" gets the point. See Papa John's.

Not trying to get preachy here. Like I said, it is my silent decision.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 10-24-2018, 04:27 PM   #14
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As I've said before, I love the game of football. I hate almost everything about how it is managed. I've made a conscious effort to talk less online about it. I hope I get to the point where I speak zero about it. I already try to maintain a zero economic footprint on the game. It's my personal way of showing disgust with the NFL/NCAA. I miss doing my "columns". It was real fun. But I think I would be a hypocrite if I continued to independently hype the game while the powers that be maintained the status quo. It's not as if I expect to make a dent in the system. But I also think when individuals see something reprehensible & do nothing, they are passively condoning what is going on. We shouldn't need to publicly protest, organize boycotts etc to send our own message. When enough individuals do so, the "man" gets the point. See Papa John's.

Not trying to get preachy here. Like I said, it is my silent decision.
I hear you. I was just joking.

Advice: Perhaps do like I do when I get mad at MLB, which is to concentrate on the game of baseball rather than the business of Baseball.

All four major U.S. sports are beautiful to watch in themselves (baseball requiring a bit more patience, of course). Don't let the b'tards get you down and take away your enjoyment.

- Bru

Old 10-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #15
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I hear you. I was just joking.

Advice: Perhaps do like I do when I get mad at MLB, which is to concentrate on the game of baseball rather than the business of Baseball.

All four major U.S. sports are beautiful to watch in themselves (baseball requiring a bit more patience, of course). Don't let the b'tards get you down and take away your enjoyment.
When the game is going on, that's when my enjoyment begins. It's when I read about the off field junk that I get irritated. Every institution has its problems. But to see obvious problems, especially when they have to do with being fair & just plain old decent to your fellow man, and do nothing? Even defend it? Ugh.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 10-24-2018, 06:58 PM   #16
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When the game is going on, that's when my enjoyment begins. It's when I read about the off field junk that I get irritated. Every institution has its problems. But to see obvious problems, especially when they have to do with being fair & just plain old decent to your fellow man, and do nothing? Even defend it? Ugh.
Hang in there. To paraphrase The Bard, "The game's the thing."

- Bru

Old 10-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #17
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Somewhere, Ben McAdoo must be smiling. Oh, he may say conciliatory and diplomatic things but inside, and in private, he's smiling all right.

- Bru

Old 10-31-2018, 03:02 PM   #18
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Does it get any worse? Now the guy they are thinking of starting in place of Eli, Kyle Lauletta, has been arrested for reckless driving and resisting arrest.

- Bru

Old 10-31-2018, 07:04 PM   #19
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Does it get any worse? Now the guy they are thinking of starting in place of Eli, Kyle Lauletta, has been arrested for reckless driving and resisting arrest.
Something tells me the cops framed him. Just a hunch.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
Old 11-18-2018, 05:10 PM   #20
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Giants fans, do not rejoice in this victory over the now 3-7 Bucs. The Giants did their darnedest to try and throw away the game in the fourth quarter, giving up 3 TD's when only one stop would have sealed the game, but alas they didn't make it and needed to settle for the win instead.

- Bru