Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 17 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 17 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 01-22-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
williamarmstrong
Bat Boy

WARNING---MLM League

Stay away from this league. It is ran by two brothers and if they disagree with anything you do they will kick you from the league. I asked for the league opinion on a subject and was told its not a democracy its a dictatorship. They lose owners constantly from kicking them out over petty stuff. GM beware
williamarmstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:21 AM   #2
Doc16
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I am in the league, and would suggest that this comment be taken with proper context. the comment about dictatorship over democracy is an omission of some words and also not at all in context of a very long back-and-forth between posting party and the league commissioners. williamarmstrong was a good GM, but he and the league commish disagreed on his approach to giving playing time to players he wanted to trade, and this led to excessive discussion which led to unpleasantry which led to his removal and then he dropped this post. He also sent an email to the commissioner which was not polite or appropriate in its own right. The situation could have been handled better on all fronts, but I personally feel the comment to not be reflective of the general state of the MLM and the commissioners. THIS COMMENT SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AT FACE VALUE. -an MLM GM who actually was on williamsrmstrong's side until his email and this posting.
Doc16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:41 AM   #3
TheZomBee
Bat Boy

This league started with OOTP 14 (Could've been 13, I can't remember), and it's been one of the most consistent leagues in these forums. These "two brothers" have put more time into keeping the league as realistic and enjoyable as possible than you could imagine, and sometimes that includes having to make tough decisions, like not allowing you to blatantly and unrealistically tank the way you were. Call it a dictatorship or whatever you want.
You're entitled to your opinion, but this post is quite uncalled for, man.
TheZomBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:11 AM   #4
threesportgeek
Minors (Double A)

Seems to be more of an occurrence with online leagues. The best plan is to stay away from online leagues. They are a joke.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
threesportgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by threesportgeek View Post
Seems to be more of an occurrence with online leagues. The best plan is to stay away from online leagues. They are a joke.

I haven't experienced this at all and I am in several online leagues. Did you want to contribute something to the thread or just generalize without facts?
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:32 PM   #6
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

While playing with yourself may be simpler and have less complications most people find it to be far less pleasurable.
YMMV
Old 01-23-2017, 06:13 PM   #7
threesportgeek
Minors (Double A)

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ay-online.html
threesportgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 07:25 PM   #8
Romagoth
Major Leagues

Quote:
Thank you providing something other than typical internet nonsense. I have been lucky so far with good experiences in both OOTP and FHM online leagues. Crossing my fingers that it continues.
Romagoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #9
USF
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagoth View Post
Thank you providing something other than typical internet nonsense. I have been lucky so far with good experiences in both OOTP and FHM online leagues. Crossing my fingers that it continues.
Well we could generalize on the other side of this coin.

Most players that play solo leagues can't work as a team and that is why they can't join an online league. They are SO set in their ways whether it is rules, or structure - they don't know how to contribute as part of a team and think on behalf of a team. That is my experience.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and that is mine. If you don't like online leagues why are you posting here?

USF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #10
stevem810
All Star Starter

How about if we just say OOTP is a great game and wonderful experience playing in the vast majority of leagues and solo.
stevem810 is offline   Reply With Quote