Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions

Old 06-24-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

A real attempt: My Montreal Hab-it

Alright fellas, and ladies should there be any on this forum, this is my newest and hopefully last attempt needed at making a dynasty. My PC is now replaced so this should run unhindered. I do have one request from my fellow posters, how would you like this thread to unfold? Do you like my original format of posting for every month of the season or my revamped style that was once per season? With or without screen shots?

I will be returning to the Habs. Again I will attempt to acquire local talent. I will try to make the trades as realistic as I can. I will not limit myself on signings however as those are fair game, but I will not sign a player I don't have a need for just because. While I anticipate a lot of roster movement in the first couple of seasons I expect that once I have my build it will taper off.

Here is the pre-change look at the team in my eyes:

-The Good-

Carey Price – Our thoroughbred tender. He makes that the Habs are closer to a battling for a championship than other teams in the middle of the pack.

PK Subban – An elite offensive dman with game breaking ability. With the correct pairing it will elevate his game and lower the pressure on Price. He has the ability to rack up points, supporting the powerplay.

Andrei Markov – The General may be starting to push in age but he is still a corner stone on the blueline. Assuming he will re-sign, Markov will bridge the gap for new blood to improve and take larger roles.

Alex Galchenyuk – The absolute future of this team up front. There may be a few growing pains as the team is built around him. The hope is that as he improves quickly and can center the first line.

Max Pacioretty – The one of the truest scorer on the Habs. With the right elements to surround him he can be among the top left wingers in the East. He is also signed for several years at a reasonable price tag.

Thomas Vanek – He is probably the forward with the most game breaking ability on the team. That being said the left wing is getting crowded and he may benefit from a move to the right wing. Also, he may be the best trading chip to use.

Tomas Plekanec – An underrated two-way centerman, he plays well and ensures that the team is responsible in all situations. More suited for a second line role, he can still be called upon to play tough minutes and move up if needed.

Brendan Gallagher – The diminutive forward plays with a lot of bark and a lot of bite. He does not have elite talent but he has game breaking ability. His tenacity makes him an important player.

-The Future-

In the blue paint we have two interesting players. We have Dustin Tokarski who is an interesting prospect to back up Price right now. Zachary Fucale will be a fantastic tender in a few years but there is plenty of time to let him mature.

The blueline is a pleasant place to look for prospects. There is Nathan Beaulieu, the likely heir to Markov's offensive role. Jarred Tinordi is also knocking at the door, once ready he may render Emelin or Georges obsolete. Greg Pateryn can make a good third pairing dman. Things past that are looking grim but a couple of drafts and the cupboards will easily be restocked.

Offence is a little more grim. While there are a lot of names, none of which are elite talent. There is Michael Bournival who is interesting in the bottom six as a physical presence. With enough patience Tim Bozon can develop into a middle six forward. Sven Andrighetto is possibly the best offensive prospect but had a second line ceiling. McCarron, if he develops properly could be a great physical presence on the third line. Artturi Lehkonen is another third line potential player and may form a line with McCarron and Jacob de la Rose that would be quite efficient.

I await your feedback to start my posting. Meanwhile my off-season begins.
SushamiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:36 AM   #2
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

-The Off-Season-

Players Released -

Mike Blunden
Nick Tarnasky
Robert Czarnik
Robert Mayer
George Parros

Contract Renewals -

Dale Weise 825K / 2 yrs
Greg Pateryn 760K / 3 yrs
Mike Weaver 1.48M / 1 yr
Dustin Tokarski 635K / 3 yrs
PK Subban 4.73M / 3 yrs
Andrei Markov 4.35M / 1 yr

Signatures -

Simon Gagne 620K / 1 yr
Denis Arkhipov 550K / 1yr

Trades -

Francis Bouillon and 2014 5th round pick to Anaheim for 2014 3rd round pick

This move frees up some cap space, clutter from the blueline, and improves our drafting position.

Danny Briere and 2014 4th round pick to Washington for 2014 7th round pick

It cost a lot but I was able to take a bad contract off the books.

Josh Georges, Rene Bourque, Magnus Nygren, the rights to Daniel Pribyl, and 2015 2nd round pick to San Jose for Marc-Eduard Vlasic and Nick Petrecki

In my first blockbuster trade I made a trade that on paper using the numbers of the game is fair. It actually fills some holes on the San Jose lineup and give us a local talent that will compliment Subban.

Travis Moen to Dallas for the rights to Nick Paul

More salary dumping while adding a center prospect to replace the lost Pribyl.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
checkyoursixx
Minors (Triple A)

Looking forward to it.

Thanks
checkyoursixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Great job.

Man I wish we could sign PK for 4.73 per irl

Last edited by Bluenoser; 06-25-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #5
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Yeah signing PK for so little is awesome but on the flip side Lars Eller is requesting over $5M per season for 3 years in my season! Looks like he will be dealt around the deadline.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:31 AM   #6
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

-The Season 2013-2014-

Lines -

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Vanek
Galchenyuk – Plekanec – Gallagher
Gagne – Eller – Gionta
Prust – Arkhipov – Weise

Vlasic – Subban
Markov – Weaver
Petrecki – Pateryn

Price
Budaj

October and November -

It took GM Roberts and the Habs until their 4th game to register a victory and it was a 3-2 game against the Oilers. A short injury to Vanek did not help matters as the Habs needed to generate offence. Eventually Vanek was dropped to the second line as he failed to generate any offence on the first line. An injury to Weaver allowed Tinordi to be called up for a test drive. Same occurred with Bournival when Galchenyuk was injured.

At this point the Habs made a minor trade, nothing that will shake the foundation of the team:

Montreal trades Douglas Murray to the Islanders for Joe Finley

Murray did not figure in our plans and adding Finley gives us a younger player to bolster our ranks. He will allow us more time to groom Tinordi.

Finley took Tinordi's spot in the line up in an 8-4 victory over the Islanders a couple of days after the trade. He had two assists, was in a fight, and was +4 while Murray didn't even play. The Habs won the next game with another strong performance by Finley (1A and +3). This was followed by a series of four losses. Emelin returned but his role was minimized with the wonderful continued play of Finley. A pair of victories at the end of November allowed them to finish the month a couple of games above 500.

December and January -

December started with GM Roberts re-upping Finley for 2 seasons at 600K. With several players under-performing the Habs have been attempting to make a trade to bolster their right wing. The team did perform well during the month but did not remove the desire to improve the roster. A great surprise since the beginning of the season has been the fantastic play of Budaj. Without any tinkering the team went 10-2-1 which is stellar compared to previous two months.

January continued doing well. In a small move to improve depth on the team GM Roberts made a trade:

Montreal trades Simon Gagne, Mike Weaver, and rights to Colin Sullivan to Chicago for Pierre-Marc Bouchard.

Sadly Gagne did not turn out how we'd have hoped and Weaver lost his place when we acquired Finley. We hope Bouchard, another local talent, will be able to fit well on our 3rd line.

After just one game GM Roberts pulled the trigger on another claim, this time it seemed more like the Habs really got their man.

The Canadiens trade Brian Gionta, rights to Josiah Didier, 2016 5th round pick to the Canucks for Zach Kassian

We have just added size and let go a smaller player, the team grew 7 inches. His edge will add a nice touch to this team.

The team returned to their play before December with a record of 6-6-1 for January. It was to be expected as the new players settled in.

February, March, and April -

A couple of small injuries caused a bit of line juggling. With a few upcoming free agents movement is expected to occur before the limit. Names bounced around are Vanek and Eller. The team played a bit better this month.

Deadline movement began:

Montreal trades Thomas Vanek, the rights to Jacob de la Rose, 2014 7th round pick, 2016 2nd round pick traded to Dallas for David Perron and 2014 1st round pick.

We managed to add more homegrown talent, lower our payroll, and add a first round pick. It cost us a valuable prospect but overall we have improved our team.

A couple of days later the Habs concluded another trade:

Montreal trades Lars Eller, rights to Brady Vail, and 2015 4th round pick to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau

Eller was demanding for more than we were willing to give him. We were loving what Eller brought but adding Huberdeau is a dream that improves our long term team.

Over 30 trades were announced in the two days leading to the deadline. Kassian signed an extension for 3 years at $2.44M per season. A lighter month, the Habs ended with a 5-3-0.

Up and down play continued in March. The identity of the team GM Roberts is attempting to form is beginning to show. With tiny players like Desharnais and Gallagher still on the team though, there are still remnants of the old administration. Their play kept them in the top 5 teams all month with an 8-7-0 monthly record.

In April an injury to Gallagher made that Andrighetto was given an audition on the second line with Perron moving to the first to take Gallagher's spot. The team finished the last month of the regular season with a 4-2-0 record for a total season record of 45-32-5 which was good enough for 6th in the East.

Coming up next: GM Robert's roster movement assessment for season 1
Old 06-27-2014, 02:55 AM   #7
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Alright so I know that I trade a lot, especially in the first season. I like building my team to the image of how I think my team should be and I do it fast. I made no huge splash like adding a Crosby or an Ovechkin but I made solid changes overall. I will also not shy away from free-agency.

While there are a lot of new players there are 17 players from before I arrived that played at least one game this season. I brought in 11 players if you include Gagne who was also part of the 20 players that left the team. This included unsigned prospects.

2013-2014 Roster Movement Assessment -

Mike Blunden, Nick Tarnasky, Robert Czarnik, Robert Mayer, and George Parros were bought out.

This was a needed move to get under the 50 man roster limit to allow for signings and unimpeded roster movements. None of these players were going to play a single game in the season for the Habs. It did leave Hamilton rather bare though.

Simon Gagne and Denis Arkhipov were signed.

Simon Gagne was alright but was rather inconsistent sharing time between the 2nd and 3rd lines. He had 15 points and was a -2 in 45 games with us before being traded. Arkhipov played most of the season pivoting the 4th line and performed admirably with 14 points in 82 games and was +2.

Montreal trades Francis Bouillon and 2014 5th round pick to Anaheim for 2014 3rd round pick

We dumped some salary and improved our draft standing at the same time. Bouillon did lot factor in the team as we felt we had all the assets we needed at the time. Bouillon ended up splitting the season between the NHL and the AHL getting 5 assists and being -5 in 22 games with the Ducks.

Montreal trades Danny Briere and 2014 4th round pick to Washington for 2014 7th round pick

With his no-movement clause we knew that if ever we called him up Briere could then no longer be sent down. In Hamilton he was standing in the way of our other players progressing and getting ice time. It was a costly move but worth it in the long run. He spent the whole season in the AHL.

Montreal trades Josh Georges, Rene Bourque, Magnus Nygren, the rights to Daniel Pribyl, and 2015 2nd round pick to San Jose for Marc-Eduard Vlasic and Nick Petrecki

This one comes as a question mark in the sense that on paper the trade is fair using the games numbers but in real life the Sharks would laugh. Gorges is a lot more offensive than expected getting 28 points in 71 games but having a -14. Bourque was a total bust for SJ getting 7 points in 44 games while being even. Nygren was mostly in the AHL but chipped in with the big club for 1 assist in 9 games while being -3. Pribyl remains the wild card as is the 2nd round pick. With the Habs Vlasic had 32 points and was +2 in 82 games which was good but not amazing given his first line and first powerplay unit usage. Petrecki who never seemed to stick to the Sharks was a better surprise getting 24 points and was -1 while being on the 3rd pair and playing 2nd wave powerplay for 82 games.

Montreal trades Travis Moen to Dallas for the rights to Nick Pau
l

Moen was sent down to the AHL and never played for the Stars. Paul may develop into a 4th liner or a career AHLer. Was nice to get the salary off the books though.

Montreal trades Douglas Murray to the Islanders for Joe Finley

This trade was offered as is by the Islanders when I put Murray on the Trade Block. This trade is probably the gem of the season. Murray was not going to be used much by the Habs. He went on to play 2 games in the AHL but when he was called back he posted 25 points and was -2 in 40 games which was great value for the Islanders. Finley on the other hand got 28 points in 65 games, was +14, and was a rugged presence with 136 penalty minutes.

Montreal trades Simon Gagne, Mike Weaver, and rights to Colin Sullivan to Chicago for Pierre-Marc Bouchard.

This was a pretty one sided trade in the end. Gagne however was sent to the AHL then produced 9 points and was +1 in 24 games with the Hawks. Weaver followed the same path with an AHL visit before ending the season with the Hawks with 14 points in 27 games while being +10. Sullivan has yet to sign. Bouchard helped the 3 line be more stable while getting 16 points in 37 games but was a -11.

Montreal trades Brian Gionta, rights to Josiah Didier, 2016 5th round pick to the Vancouver for Zach Kassian.

Our captain was a reliable player but we needed to get bigger. Gionta got 23 points in 35 games with the Canucks and was -1. Didier has yet to sign. Kassian had 12 points in 36 games and was -13 but had 71 penalty minutes.

Montreal trades Thomas Vanek, the rights to Jacob de la Rose, 2014 7th round pick, 2016 2nd round pick traded to Dallas for David Perron and 2014 1st round pick.

Vanek had started picking up but Montreal was not ready to agree to his contract terms. With Dallas he had 17 points in 24 games while being +7. The Stars have yet to sign de la Rose. The Habs in return got a 15 point production from Perron in 23 games and he was +2.

Montreal trades Lars Eller, rights to Brady Vail, and 2015 4th round pick to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau

Eller was a decent contributor for Florida posting 11 points in 24 games while being +3. Vail is not yet signed. Huberdeau struggled posting 0 points in his first 8 games but finished the season with 9 points in 23 games and was -9 on a struggling 3rd line.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:42 AM   #8
SushamiBoy
Minors (Triple A)

Playoffs 2014 –

Round 1:

The Habs started the playoffs with Gallagher on the injury list and Andrighetto taking a 2nd line role. Gallagher would return a little later in the round and Galchenyuk would miss some time as well. Overall it was a solid round. Subban led with 8 points in the 7 games series. Price had a 1.77 goals against average while having a .947 save percentage.

Game one won 8-2 by Montreal
Game two won 5-1 by Montreal
Game three won 3-0 by Detroit
Game four won 5-1 by Montreal
Game five won 1-0 by Detroit
Game six won 4-1 by Detroit
Game seven won 4-0 by Montreal.

Round 2:

Montreal, fresh off a long series faced off against the well-rested Ottawa Senators who swept Boston. Things were looking promising as the teams split the opening two games. After losing the 3rd game Montreal moved Perron back to the first line and Gallagher down to the second. An injury to Finley forced Tinordi back into the regular lineup with 3rd pairing duties for game 5. Price was injured before game 6 and was replaced by Budaj. Even with Budaj in goal the Habs won their second series in seven games.

Game one won 3-1 by Montreal
Game two won 3-2 by Ottawa
Game three won 3-2 by Ottawa
Game four won 3-2 by Montreal
Game five won 2-1 by Montreal
Game six won 5-4 by Ottawa
Game seven won 3-2 by Montreal

Round 3:

Carey Price returned as Montreal faced off against the New York Rangers another well rested team that eliminated Pittsburgh in 5 games. A blow out first game had fans very worried as to the future of these playoffs. The team managed to bounce back in game two splitting their home games with the opposition. An injury blow to Perron allowed Andrighetto back into the lineup and the team leader into the press box. Erratic play by Price and the team allowed the Rangers to split their home games as well. Another series to go to seven games but this time the team ran out of steam and were beaten. Plekanec (21gp 8g 12a 20pts +7) and Galchenyuk (18gp 8g 9a 17pts +9) dominated from the second line while Subban (21gp 6g 9a 15pts +3) was a pillar at the blueline. Price finished with a 2.60 goals against average and a .921 save percentage while posting 2 shutouts.

Game one won 8-1 by New York
Game two won 6-2 by Montreal
Game three won 1-0 by Montreal
Game four won 5-3 by New York
Game five won 4-3 by Monteal
Game six won 4-3 by New York
Game seven won 5-1 by New York

Round 4:

The Rangers went on to win the Cup in five games versus the Ducks.

Next up: The Draft.