Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
monkeywork
Bat Boy

A few questions

Hi Folks,

I purchased the beta back when it first launched and haven't really played much yet (I know bad tester sorry). Fired it up tonight and had a few quick questions I'm hoping some folks can help me with:

1. How do I simulate the lockout? I'd like a shortened season.
2. How do we get the new rules in place (specifically buyouts, alignments, and lower salary cap)?

I also think I've found a bug - but possibly it's end user issue. I'm trying to offer a new contract to a player and we went back and forth and he's happy with the offer however I'm not able to click on the "Submit Offer" button -- it does nothing... Other players seem fine but this guy no go... he's heading to UFA so nothing odd I don't think in terms of limits to sign him.
monkeywork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #2
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

1)
You can't just play 48 games. But you can simulate to January and start from there. Probably not as fun because the CPU will sim all the game till that date.

2)
The new rules will come when the game officially launches - sept 3.

This game is officially made to start with 'next' season. So when you download and install the official Version 1.0 in september this game will start with all the rosters and alignment for next season.
The Beta version is just to test around, just to give you an impression + finding errors.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Crombeen
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywork View Post
I also think I've found a bug - but possibly it's end user issue. I'm trying to offer a new contract to a player and we went back and forth and he's happy with the offer however I'm not able to click on the "Submit Offer" button -- it does nothing... Other players seem fine but this guy no go... he's heading to UFA so nothing odd I don't think in terms of limits to sign him.
I think you're pushing the wrong button..

First you have to push the ' Ask for Response ' button - then you will get an answer from the player and if he likes your offer you can submit the deal.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #4
monkeywork
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crombeen View Post
I think you're pushing the wrong button..

First you have to push the ' Ask for Response ' button - then you will get an answer from the player and if he likes your offer you can submit the deal.

Nope I'm doing it correctly - I've tried the ask for response and he is all for it but can't click the submit offer. I've been fine with other players but Joe Colborne just can't do it for some reason.
monkeywork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #5
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

In OOTP, sometimes there is a reason why you cannot offer someone a deal, could it be that you dont have the cash or maybe you dont have the authorization from the owner and it's not saying. I have seen this before
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote