Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2013, 03:27 AM   #1
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

After a season of Simming...

So far, the results look pretty decent overall. I played as the Oilers and struggled late in the season to try and claw my way into the playoffs. I finished 38-40-3-1 for 80 points. Team scored 198 goals or 2.41 goals for per game and 221 goals against for 2.70 Goals against average. Looks pretty good to me.

My scoring top 5's for the Oilers were...

T. Hall - 63
R. Nugent-Hopkins - 52
N. Yakupov - 50
S. Gagner - 40

GOALS
J. Eberle - 32
T. Hall - 31
N. Yakapov - 30
S. Gagner - 19
R. Smyth - 13

ASSISTS
R. Nugent-Hopkins - 41
J. Eberle - 32
T. Hall - 32
R. Whitney - 27
S. Horcoff - 26 (this playing on the 3rd line all season)
A. Hemsky - 26 (would have had more but hurt last week)
PIMS
R. Smyth - 114
T. Hall - 111
N. Yakupov - 68
B. Eager - 58
L. Smid - 53

I did have some rough injury problems over the season. Justin Schultz seemed to be hurt all the time. Even though he was on the roster all season and was playing with Nick Shultz all season when he was healthy, only managed to get into 38 games. I think he was in IR 5 or 6 times. That sucked. Another position that I got wailed on was goalies. They were always hurt. I ended up using 4 goalies and they played 11 games because Khabibulin and Dubnyk were injured at different times.

Overall, the season felt very real. I was pretty happy with some of the results, well, most actually.

Great first build, am loving it so far and am hooked already!

I would love to be able to shut leagues off though as the sim time kills me but I can certainly deal with that
tcblcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Certain Valor
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I simmed 2012-13 three times last night, as well!

In my opinion, goal totals for the upper echelon guys are a *tad* high. Rick Nash had over 50 goals in all three sims. Goaltender numbers were pretty good.

I felt like there were too many injuries, but it might just be that, that's what I'm seeing on the news screen as the game sims.

Free Agency in 2013-14 was a mess, though. I know Jeff R. mentioned it slows the game to a crawl so I hope that's something they can include in a future beta build. I was simming to July 1st to open free agency and the sim stalled at 53% for about an hour, went up to 56%, two hours later was still stuck (responding, but not moving hardly at all). So I turned it off and went to download Sim City.

That was the only time I tried free agency so maybe it was just a one time thing.

Another thing I noticed was that random periods are showing up in the player profile pages for stats. Is this happening for anyone else? For example, Dan Ellis' stats were showing up through 2008-09. Same for Ryan Miller.

Some other guys were through 2010-11.

Occasionally when I'd hit the back button it'd take me to the Minnesota Wild's team page.

That's most of what I've noticed so far.

And some of the rosters are very much out of whack. Marc Savard hasn't played in what... two years? As I'd like to edit the roster I hope that can be one of the earlier changes.

Anyways, great first effort guys. Lots to build on and a lot already done.
Certain Valor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
yzerwing
All Star Starter

I have no idea how you guys are getting those stats. Currently with the latest patch the highest scoring team has 10 GF in 7 GP. The league leader has 2 goals and tonnes of goalies have 0.50 G.AA and .984 SV% type stats. In league settings it shows the league avg for GPG is 1.96, which I am assuming is between the teams combined.
yzerwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #4
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerwing View Post
I have no idea how you guys are getting those stats. Currently with the latest patch the highest scoring team has 10 GF in 7 GP. The league leader has 2 goals and tonnes of goalies have 0.50 G.AA and .984 SV% type stats. In league settings it shows the league avg for GPG is 1.96, which I am assuming is between the teams combined.
That 1.96 is pretty low, not sure how it got to be that low, I don't know my settings exactly, but 5.69 seems to ring a bell for some reason.
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #5
oilfield316
Bat Boy

Awesome news bud. I truly am concerned about the P.I.M's in your sim... How do the tough guys fit in this game ? Why is a player like Ryan Smyth dropping his gloves I'm assuming and Hall with over 100 pims also ??

I hope this isn`t going to be expected upon release that no NHL teams play tough guys or don`t acknowledge the physical energy players role let alone having a Enforcer in the lineups!

I`m always looking to play a physical in your face style of hockey and don`t hold back manning a fourth line that would make any team shiver in they`re skates... I would not appreciate the game makers overlooking the physicallity of the sport here...
oilfield316 is offline   Reply With Quote