Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
Garethw87

Fictional League - Some help setting up please?

Hey, all

Right so, thanks to Justinfan and he's ace logo he made me I decided to make a league.. Been sorting it for about an hour, I even got the finances right!! Never managed that before but I need some advice on..

Am Draft - How do I know how many round to pick and how many players? I looked at the MLB it had 30 rounds and 31 players.. so a round per team is it??

Selecting no am draf - does this just create a load of random rookies that can be sign as a FA??

Team ballparks/stadiums - how to I edit or create this? In the options on the actual game it was greyed out.

Thanks for any help
Old 12-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
ezpkns34
All Star Reserve

number of amatuer rounds = 5*number of minor leagues

so if you had a minor league syste of AAA, AA, A & R, you'd have 20 (4*5) rounds for your amateur draft

i've never tried a league w/o a draft, but i'd assume that w/o a draft then yes you'd have a lot of generated rookies populate the free agent pool once a season
ezpkns34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

If you have 30 rounds I'd say create enough players for 35-40 rounds. This will help reduce what some have witnessed as talnet deflation.

I personally don't seem to have this problem but I have seen it mentioned. Besides, it'll help extend the draft to about the 15th round before you auto-crap the rest.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

oh, one more bit of advice.

Sim 20 years then erase entire league history. Get rid of the big-bang players.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

No if you start a league without an inaugural draft it simply populates the teams randomly.

Like I say sim 20 years and erase the league history, then release all players and reset all league finances. Then reschedule an inaug. draft.

Also if you do not use minor league teams but use reserve rosters instead. Then make your draft 5 rounds for every 25 players.

Old 12-29-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
Garethw87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honorable_Pawn View Post
No if you start a league without an inaugural draft it simply populates the teams randomly.

Like I say sim 20 years and erase the league history, then release all players and reset all league finances. Then reschedule an inaug. draft.

Also if you do not use minor league teams but use reserve rosters instead. Then make your draft 5 rounds for every 25 players.
So if I want to start in 2012 start 20 years back and sim till present, then delete and act like im starting a new?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #7
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

exactly

Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Cinnamon J. Scudworth
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Am Draft - How do I know how many round to pick and how many players? I looked at the MLB it had 30 rounds and 31 players.. so a round per team is it??
The rule of thumb given in the manual (listed counter-intuitively in the feeder league section) is for the number of draft rounds to equal five times the level of minor leagues. So if you had a full minor league system of AAA, AA, A, S-A, and R you'd want 25 rounds in the draft. You'd set it to create enough players for 26-27 rounds at least, though, to cover additoinal compensation picks.

Feeder Leagues

Quote:
Selecting no am draf - does this just create a load of random rookies that can be sign as a FA??
Yes.

Amateur Draft Rules

Quote:
Team ballparks/stadiums - how to I edit or create this? In the options on the actual game it was greyed out.
This is described in detail in the manual. If you are editing parks team-by-team, you have to be in commissioner mode.

Ballpark Editor
"Sometimes, this is like going to a grocery store. You’ve got a list until you get to the check-out stand. And then you start reading People magazine, and all this other [stuff] ends up in the basket."

-Sandy Alderson on the MLB offseason

Last edited by Cinnamon J. Scudworth; 01-01-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Cinnamon J. Scudworth is offline   Reply With Quote