Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

JUSTICE LEAGUE BASEBALL :: The Most REALISTIC Online League

I'm re-posting this because after a flurry of press and GM-Openings we're re-vamping this post in our search for NEW GM's. This has been edited since the last post. If you have previously applied and I haven't gotten back to you, I encourage you to reply again. We're looking for the best candidates to share our vision of a REALISTIC baseball league. I understand it might be a lot of work to re-apply, but if you're looking for the ultimate realistic sim experience, then I can assure you it'll be worth it.

--

Justice League Baseball was formed with one goal: To provide the most realistic online baseball league in existence. We are dedicated to creating a realistic and continually evolving league in addition to a fully immersive General Manager experience on our forums.

The Justice League Baseball is a 2012 Major League, using current rosters and real-life CBA rules. We stress REALISM. This is not Arcade-Style. GMs who are crazy fond of unrealistic trades will not be tolerated. Financials have been fixed so money is flowing around like crazy. We've completely overhauled the game and the rules to try and re-create the experience of being a General Manager in the Major Leagues.

We have two Commissioners to keep the league running smoothly, but the majority of the league-altering decisions will be made by the GM’s, so participation is a key (and rewarded)!

Additional features of the JLB include:
  • A Collective Bargaining Agreement to govern rule changes and ensure that you help to shape the future of your league!
  • A reward system for participation on the forums, allowing you to upgrade players, edit your stadium, and more!
  • A Competitive Balance Lottery to grant extra draft picks to eligible teams.
  • A league AIM chat, ensuring a unified league atmosphere and encouraging good conversation between fellow GM's.
  • Active and dedicated commissioners who will be available nearly 24 hours a day
  • A Trade Committee to protect the integrity of the league, its mission for REALISM and its individual franchises.
None of this can happen without the consistent and dedicated support of our GM's! You run the teams, you are the lifeblood of any league. We want to see this dream achieved, but we need you to help us.

We are looking for GMs for the following team:
  • Cleveland Indians
    The Cleveland Indians have enjoyed some of the most inexplicable success in the 3 seasons of the JLB. The team has a fantastic core of hitters led by Billy Butler and Carlos Santana and is closing in on their 2nd division title in 3 seasons. If you like a mid-market team in a VERY competitive division, the Indians are right for you!

We're just arriving to the 2015/2016 Offseason. Come join one of the most exciting online OOTP leagues now!

If you are interested in joining our league, please fill out the following questionnaire in the replies:
  1. What is your preferred team?
  2. Why do you want to play using this team?
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?
Remember that we are striving for REALISM. We're looking to people who can genuinely contribute to our league. THIS IS NOT AN ARCADE-STYLE LEAGUE where teams are making dozens of trades. Please put some thought into your answers because we're looking for the perfect fit.

If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or interest in the league, please contact the commissioner, Adam (see details below).

Email: jlb.rangers@gmail.com
PM: splantiago on the OOTP Forums

Last edited by splantiago; 04-05-2013 at 01:36 PM.
splantiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
YaBoyTopher
Bat Boy

What is your preferred team? The Orioles are my favorite team but since they are taken I will take the Phillies.

Why do you want to play using this team? I think the Phillies will pose an interesting challenge they have a talented but aging core that will give me alot of options to build for the future but also compete right away, combine that with a strong home market I feel like I can build a team that competes for the world series every year.

What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? My philosophy is all about drafting and player development with a focus on pitching and defense, so I will strategically decide which veterans to trade for future pieces and which to keep to build around, investing heavily in the international talent pool which I think is vastly under utilized by most franchises.

What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? Been a baseball addict my entire life, been competing in hard core fantasy baseball leagues for 10 years and been playing OOTP for 5, this will be my first online league in OOTP but I play daily already and believe my vast baseball knowledge and game experience will leade me to success.

Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?
I am all about realism and creating a realistic experience for all involved, I am very competitive and also enjoy writing so you combine those factors and I feel I can contribute alot to the experience and atmosphere.

I really hope to get in on this league...Thanks for considering my application.
YaBoyTopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
D-BacksJosh
Banned

1. What is your preferred team? If all teams were available my preferred team would be the Arizona Diamondbacks of course, however, I would like to manage the Atlanta Braves.
  2. Why do you want to play using this team? I choose this team because I grew up watching the Braves pitching dominance throughout the 90's with the likes of Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine and John Smoltz. I feel I have the skill set as manager to bring this team back to it's previous glory.
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? I manage with a strong focus on pitching. Hiring the best in baseball to coach my pitching staff and drafting with this focus has always been a successful endeavor for me.
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? I have been playing OOTP pretty much everyday for about 4 years. I have been a baseball nerd my entire life. I am also involved in fantasy baseball and have an insatiable appetite for everything baseball.
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? I will bring dedication and loyalty to the league and will contribute to the evolution of the league on a daily basis. I have online league experience and vast computer knowledge that I can use for this purpose.
Thank you for your consideration as manager of the Atlanta Braves in the JBL. If you choose me you will not be disappointed!

Last edited by D-BacksJosh; 08-11-2012 at 07:03 PM.
D-BacksJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
travis649
Minors (Rookie Ball)

1. What is your preferred team? My preferred team is the Braves but I would take the Tigers also.
  2. Why do you want to play using this team? The Braves are my favorite team, I would also enjoy the challenge of running the Tigers with their bloated payroll.
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? With the Braves I would continue to runt them as they have ran, solid drafting and careful free agent signings. The Tigers would be a bit different with the higher budget, free agent signings may be more of a priority.
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? I have been playing since version 8, I am in several different online leagues.
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? I rarely miss simulations and feel that I have the experience to help out with any league.
travis649 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #5
theg02guy
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What is your preferred team? I'm a Cardinals fan, but of the available teams posted above, Atlanta or Detroit would be preferred.
Why do you want to play using this team? Honestly, I typically prefer to take over teams that need to be rebuilt. That's sort of my specialty, so to speak. Considering the Phillies, Braves & Tigers are the only three available squads, however, I'd be more than happy to take over the Braves or Tigers and build on already established franchises. When I saw you wanted to make this one of the most realistic leagues out there, I knew I wanted to be included.
What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? The franchise obviously dictates the strategy, but I typically look to build a strong rotation while also keeping an eye out for guys who could be key role players to supplement the lineup. I typically have one of the better MiLB systems because I like to build depth in case injuries (knock on wood*) strike.
What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? I'm a life-long baseball fan that has been playing OOTP since 6.5 on a daily basis.
Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? I've always been one of the most active GMs in my leagues and I don't see why that should change anytime soon.

Thanks for the consideration.

PM me or I can be reached on AIM (theg02guy).

Thanks
theg02guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Bump to reflect team changes.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #7
FGHTYRDMNS
Bat Boy

Jbl

1. What is your preferred team?
    I would like to GM the Toronto Blue Jays.
  2. Why do you want to play using this team?
    My favorite team is the Red Sox, so I know the AL East division very well, would love a shot at building a team that can contend with powerhouse teams like the Yankees and Sox. If I can't join my favorite team, then I'll have to beat them!
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals?
    I would obviously have to study the Blue Jays depth charts and minor leauge prospects before I can give a detailed answer to this question, but in general I will do my best to take the team to the playoffs each year. Weather by trades or giving younger prospects a chance to perform.. Eventually I will take the AL East.
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
    In terms of OOTP experience, not very much unfortunatly. I only just came across the game a couple months ago, but from the moment I got the game I was hooked. I love how in depth everything is, I felt and still feel like a kid in a candy store when playing. I love baseball, have all my life. I might not be as stat knowledgeable as other hardcore fans, and I don't claim to be, but I enjoy pretending to be! Which is why this game is so fun for me, I like to imagine that I am thrown into being a real GM, and must do what I have to do to run the team. Although playing solo is fun, I feel like I need to play in a leauge of other user controlled teams, there is only so much emotion you can get from beating a computer.
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB?
    Though I am a newbie of sorts to OOTP, I have played many many hours already and have a good feel to how to run a team. I have a great imagination and like to really immerse myself in the experience. I am dying for a chance to interact with other GM's as a season progresses.

Let me know.
    gilligan.tom@gmail.com
FGHTYRDMNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Bump to reflect new teams AVAILABLE.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
mdot31
Bat Boy

PM/email sent
mdot31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
zmiko
Bat Boy

Looking to Join

What is your preferred team? The Rockies

Why do you want to play using this team? They're my favorite team in real life and I know them very well. I've also played as them before in other ootp leagues

What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? Turn them into a perennial playoff contender, with a focus on a strong farm system The first season will mostly be seeing how everyones performing, then I'll looking into making some trades to either rebuild or take that next step to playoff contention

What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? I've played in 3 ootp leagues before, currently still involved in one of them.

Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? I love baseball and the statistical geekiness of ootp, I have plenty of free time to spend working on my team and talking with others in the league.
zmiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #11
zero2426
Minors (Single A)

Preferred Team: Anything but the Red Sox
Why this team: I really hate the Red Sox(Yankee fan, but they're never open, so I don't care about which team)
Experience: None online, only offline
zero2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #12
PiratesGm
Minors (Single A)

Thankfully the Dodgers and RedSox trade happened in real life and not this league, it would have got vetoed and the team gm booted, I guess salary dump trades can REALLY happen, who would have known!!!
PiratesGm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
ukhotstove
Hall Of Famer

The Dodgers and Red Sox maybe not have got a reply anyway.
ukhotstove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Bump. Looking for Cleveland Indians GM.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #15
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Bump. Looking for a Baltimore Orioles GM.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #16
And One
Minors (Rookie Ball)

What is your preferred team? Baltimore Orioles.. Was a big Orioles... I relate mostly to the O's and then the Oakland A's..
Why do you want to play using this team?
As the league uses real-life constraints, it provides a bit more in the form of mimicing real-life.. Orioles are also the team I'm most familiar with as far as players..
What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? Strengthen pitching.. Support Markakis and Weiters with more depth at the top of the line-up..
What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience?
  • WBH - Active
  • Ahiba3
  • WWBL
Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? Strong knowledge of the game.. Very competitive.. Plus I REALLY want to beat the Yankees...

Last edited by And One; 09-27-2012 at 11:33 PM.
And One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Bump to reflect a need for new GMs for the following teams: Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers and Pittsburgh Pirates.

We just completed the 2012 Season and the Offseason is about to get underway!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #18
DWK
All Star Reserve

1. What is your preferred team? I will take the Pittsburgh Pirates
  2. Why do you want to play using this team? Because I like a challenge.
  3. What are your plans for the team/franchise, and how do you plan to achieve those goals? I think the Pirates problem is pitching shore up their pitching and the wins will come. I like to build from the Draft and use trading as a backup
  4. What is your prior OOTP or baseball experience? I've been playing online leagues since OOTP04. I've commished my own league (3 real yrs) the name of my league is in my avatar.
  5. Why would you be a positive addition to the immersion and atmosphere of the JLB? I bring all those years of experience plus having been a commish I know the in's and out's on how a league is run.
DWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #19
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

We are looking for GMs for the following teams:
  • Baltimore Orioles
  • Cleveland Indians
  • Milwaukee Brewers
  • Seattle Mariners
  • Toronto Blue Jays
Old 10-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
splantiago
Minors (Single A)

Still looking for an Orioles, Mariners and Blue Jays GM!