Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Historical Simulations

Old 01-21-2009, 03:53 AM   #1
tommyzero
Bat Boy

New to Game - Tons of Problems

Hi,
I jsut want to start by saying that I apologize for the length but I have had some very frustrating times tonight. I just purchased the game today because I wanted, as an Arizona Diamondbacks fan, to be in control of my team since its inception. I have not been able to get a single historical league to work since I have tried.

Here are the problems:

First, I tried to create it with the ADVANCED option. This was because I also wanted accurate minor league team names. So it would start to create the league and then right at the very end of it when the OSA SCOUTING progress bar would start to fill my computer would crash (I have a brand new MacBook pro with almost nothing installed on it).

After this, the league would be formed and I could access it but the players would have no ratings and I would be able to control my team but would not be listed anywhere on the staff and as such if i simmed it would allow the team to make trades ect. on its own.

I have tried this over 10 times and have crashed every single time. I have reinstalled, I have tried to use my custom photos and logos I downloaded, and I have tried to not use them. I have done everything I can. As a matter of fact, this is the second time I have had to type this post because I tried it again (using 1997 so maybe i could just sim a season and let it reset stats and I could do my own draft) but it crashed again and I have had to retype this. My computer has never crashed otherwise.

If anyone has had this happen to them or knows what I should do please tell me. This is the reason that I bought the game.

Thank you for all the help and again I apologize for the length.

EDIT - I checked the FAQ and I can get it to work without using the complete history but I am a stats nerd and thats part of why I bought this so I am really hoping there is a way to make it work with full history.

Last edited by tommyzero; 01-21-2009 at 04:18 AM.
tommyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:40 AM   #2
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Since you say your new to the game i am guessing you are using the database that comes with the game and not an edited one.

Ok so try creating a historical league without using advanced mode. You can add minor leagues even after you created your league under the league setup and you should be able to still edit the names too.

As for ratings check global setup and see if you have none displayed for ratings.
I would wait till the game works for you before putting in the photos. I dont think its causing your crash or its hard but getting the game to work is first priority.

One thing i can suggest is to take a look at the manual. I think its really helpful.
And of course search the boards because most likely some more questions you may have may have already been answered.

But if you still have questions go ahead and ask. I dont know if that helps any.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
tommyzero
Bat Boy

Yea I have tried it advanced and with the wizard and i have the stat display on. I got it to work last night without having complete history but that is something that i would really like to have as well though.
tommyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:38 PM   #4
corkpilot
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if this would help, but I was having problems (though not really related) with having the historical database (omd) file in my stats folder. Might try moving it out of the stats folder into the main ootp folder. If it's there already then I can't think of anything else.

Good luck.
corkpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
PhillieFever
Hall Of Famer

I'm sorry to hear you are having so many problems,unfortunately,I don't own a Mac to be able to help you there but there is one bit of advice I can give you.When playing a historical league with real players,its actually detrimental to use Minors because players enter the game in their first MLB year,so by using Minors you would be cutting their careers short.Once you get the game up and running,I can help you along with settings to get you the most realistic results possible if you want if not or if you have other questions don't be shy,I'd be happy to help if I can.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
phillosopherp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyzero View Post
Yea I have tried it advanced and with the wizard and i have the stat display on. I got it to work last night without having complete history but that is something that i would really like to have as well though.

The complete history is what is doing it too ya. Complete history especially in the later years (I find anything later then 94 or so on my machines) will usually cause a CTD, or a hang. I have found that sometimes you can get it to import the whole history but you have to kill every other app you got running, and just let it sit. Don't touch anything. Of course I only have experience on PC, not Mac so I don't know. Sorry that things are starting off a little rough, but trust me it gets better and stick with it. Once you have everything down this will become on of your favorite apps, trust me. This is the best baseball product out there.
phillosopherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
wallball
Minors (Single A)

Not to derail this thread...PhillieFever I saw your post about the players entering when MLB career starts. Is there a DB or something that uses the date they were drafted instead?
wallball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
corkpilot
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Gambo uses first professional appearance instead of first MLB appearance, so that DB might be the one you want.
corkpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #9
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

Even then many of Gambo's players still appear MLB ready rather than as prospects. Not all, but a good number.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote