Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions Post suggestions for the next version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-23-2018, 10:45 AM   #1
ctorg
Global Moderator

Bring back the ability to generate historical leagues from csv files

There are two reasons for this, in my mind. The first is that the database in OOTP is, by necessity, not historically accurate. If one wants to have the actual old teams listed in a history, it is not currently possible. I used to be able to make some alterations to the original files to get a history that was a little closer to reality.

More importantly for me, though, is that I loved to create "historical" fictional leagues. I would set up all the franchise movements, ballpark changes, etc., in advance, and they would automatically unfold at the right times. Now I have to manually make all the intended adjustments after each season. I prefer to do all the work in advance and then play out the league without having to think about it.

While I haven't done it, one could potentially also set up a PCL or Federal League or Continental League with real or imagined (alternate) histories.

I'm not sure why the ability to generate leagues this way was removed, but I would love to see it come back! We can't edit the odb files.

"When the trees blow back and forth, that's what makes the wind." - Steven Wright

Fjord emena pancreas thorax fornicate marmalade morpheme proteolysis smaxa cabana offal srue vitriol grope hallelujah lentils
ctorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Totally agree. Unfortunately, this - the ability to edit csv's & configure away to make the game your own - has been trending in a negative direction.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #3
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

there's a workaround - not discounting the suggestion..

re-use existing playerID's and you can import... you need an export from destination league after creation. may need to adjust teamID's to match ... copy paste all but player id's over existing players from destination export.

can do same with stats... retain existing player ids.. make sure to sort so that they all match up in order to stats and appropriate player id.

a spreadsheet makes this a few clicks and minimal effort.

make sure to check # of players in the intended import... create enough fictional players to match this value before exporting playerid's from destination league.

edit:

hmm i misread portion of above.. but still can edit existing files regarding historical stuff and when things change and with this basically the same thing. change the files that relate to LTM/expnsion etc for a normal mlb historic league.

Last edited by NoOne; 04-24-2018 at 02:40 PM.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote