Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:46 AM   #1
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Projected Balance on League Financial Report?

I cannot seem to reconcile what the "Projected Balance" number means on the League Financial Report (of all teams) page, when related to either my finances or accounting page in 16.

Does anyone know where this number comes from now?

I think this might have been a more direct connection in your finances in previous versions, but might be mistaken? In fact some of the other numbers in that report don't seem to completely line up with anything back on your team page either. Any chance this might have been left alone while other financial pages were changed for 16 and now they are not in synch??

It is viewed not only in the "League Financial Report" in the game, but also in the HTML window when playing in an online league. I thought it related to the projected budget room on your financial page, but the number seems vastly different in 16 now.
Winnipeg59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #2
catcherjul
Major Leagues

I think it is just a projection of the profit/loss you're estimate to have. Let say you're projected to have a 20M projected balance and you already have 10M in cash, you'll end up at the end with 30M.

Not 100% sure about that but according to my experience, that looks like this
catcherjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:18 AM   #3
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

It's what you're projected to have at the end of the year.

I think the reason you might be having trouble with it is that it takes into account average game attendance even though it hasn't happened yet. So the numbers will never make sense.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:14 PM   #4
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

I went back into the 15 file of a league that I play in 16 currently. This may focus what I was trying to ask in the original post (and it may take two posts to compare 15 with 16.

I believe this is because the finances in 16 have split into a couple of windows now and I'm not sure the league financial page is reflecting that in 16.

I've attached my v15 TEAM financial page (items middle panel upper half).
AND I've attached the LEAGUE financial report (items right below team logo on the left side of the team reports for EVERY team).

You can see the numbers agree! NOTED by the GREEN DOTS.

When researching a trade and looking for teams that might have space to accommodate a contract I find this very useful. I cannot find the same comparison, for my team or any other, in 16?

In fact I cannot seem to find the number quoted as "projected budget" on the LEAGUE financial page listed anywhere on either TEAM financial page (unless of course I am simply missing it). I actually show a positive projected player budget on my v16 same team, yet my league projected balance shows a huge negative balance???

That was the point I was originally trying to make.
Hope that makes the question clearer?
Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by Winnipeg59; 04-27-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #5
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Same team, now in 16 and advanced by a couple of months.
Same current budget number, but the projected balance on the TEAM page no longer has anything to do with the projected budget room on the LEAGUE finanacial page (which is the one that now shows the huge red deficit). My projected budget room has actually gone up very slightly yet the projected balance on the TEAM financial page is way off now.

This is no longer a tool to find teams with which to trade!
It must be tracking some other field, but I cannot find that RED number anywhere else in my finances???

I should also add, this is the off-season (the 15 shots JUST into it) (the 16 shots the week after the new year) and that I have essentially done NOTHING (in fact choose NOT to, in order to be profitable next season) in terms of free agent signings and have ONLY adjusted my scouting and player development money downward a bit to show MORE chance of a profit. Other than that - STUMPED!

Last edited by Winnipeg59; 04-27-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:23 PM   #6
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

The 16 screen shots, actually showing a bit MORE projected budget room now (must be season ticket sales or something)...
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-28-2015, 10:50 AM   #7
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Just a guess: do you have arb offers outstanding? If so, are those salaries included in the player payroll value displayed (~$71.5M)?

Last edited by skoormit; 04-28-2015 at 10:51 AM.
skoormit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:22 AM   #8
Winnipeg59
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoormit View Post
Just a guess: do you have arb offers outstanding? If so, are those salaries included in the player payroll value displayed (~$71.5M)?
Thanks for the reply. No arb offers out, in fact because of my financial situation in the league no other contracts at all are on the table at this point. The game date is January 8th.

I wasn't watching too closely, so I cannot tell if prior to the new year the two numbers indeed matched (as in 15 consistently) but I believe this deficit occurred as the calendar year clicked over to January 1st.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:45 AM   #9
skoormit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Could it be that the projected balance is calculated as Projected Income minus Projected Expenses (rather than Current Budget minus Projected Expenses)?

If that were the case, your projected balance could fluctuate with things like the strength of season ticket sales. Maybe the large drop in projected balance happened because of a drop in expected ticket sales, or a drop in ticket price.

In other words, the owner sets a budget for the year, and that number is set in stone, and you are free to spend up to that much money, but your cash position at the end of the year is based on how much money you made, not on how much money you were budgeted to spend.

In other (even fewer) words: Projected Balance is not the same as Budget Room.
skoormit is offline   Reply With Quote