Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
julius
Minors (Single A)

After editing, season always crashes on November 1

I was really hoping this issue would be fixed by the patch. If I start a custom league, and edit some players and teams, the game always crashes during the November 1 season update. This applies whether or not I play following the editing (which is pretty limited and careful) or save the edited custom league as a quickstart and start a new game from that. It also occurs if I start off with the NHL and edit it. The same issue stopped me from playing earlier versions. My computer should easily handle this (I am currently in my 15th season with Football Manager 14), but if there are any steps I should be taking I would welcome advice. Otherwise, this needs to be fixed because it effectively eliminates my ability to edit-at which point I have no further interest in the game unfortunately.
julius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
I was really hoping this issue would be fixed by the patch. If I start a custom league, and edit some players and teams, the game always crashes during the November 1 season update. This applies whether or not I play following the editing (which is pretty limited and careful) or save the edited custom league as a quickstart and start a new game from that. It also occurs if I start off with the NHL and edit it. The same issue stopped me from playing earlier versions. My computer should easily handle this (I am currently in my 15th season with Football Manager 14), but if there are any steps I should be taking I would welcome advice. Otherwise, this needs to be fixed because it effectively eliminates my ability to edit-at which point I have no further interest in the game unfortunately.

I've always had this problem. Probably teams don't have enough players on their rosters. Everytime I messed with teams rosters,that would happen. Lately I have laid-off with player transactions and haven't had any crashes. I requested a pop-up warning(like it does in OOTP) for teams that lack players for a game .

Last edited by Orioles1966; 11-28-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
julius
Minors (Single A)

If roster issues are the problem, a pop-up warning of this would be fine (critical?). Although if this basic bit of management can't be handled by the AI managers, this raises the question of how effective they are at other tasks. Apart from editing the names and attributes of some players and teams, I don't attempt any roster changes, so I have no idea how this becomes an issue on November 1. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julius View Post
If roster issues are the problem, a pop-up warning of this would be fine (critical?). Although if this basic bit of management can't be handled by the AI managers, this raises the question of how effective they are at other tasks. Apart from editing the names and attributes of some players and teams, I don't attempt any roster changes, so I have no idea how this becomes an issue on November 1. Thanks for the info.

I just started a new Custom League and couldn't get past Sept 30th. Went through 60 teams rosters and made sure everyone had 20 players dressed and now the game plays ok.

In the past,my game would crash after editing so it still seems too be a problem. Maybe that's one of the reason's why all the editors haven't been turned on.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #5
julius
Minors (Single A)

I did the same as you and checked the rosters for each of the 60 teams (NHL and minors) on October 30, the day before my usual November 1 crash. I did notice 2 minor teams that dressed only 19 players (not sure why since the roster included 20+ uninjured players) and I fixed those. And...my season crashed on November 1 as it always does. I tried the same with another league setup, and it also crashed. When I say crash I am referring to a notice that the game has stopped working. I have no problem running a league past November 1 if I don't edit it, so it appears that editing is the problem.

Thanks for your helpful suggestion, but it appears to be a larger problem for me. This has been raised in previous posts and I think it is fair to ask the developers to comment on this.