Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
StlBluesFan
Bat Boy

Activation Error?

I've been running the betas for some time now, each new version installed without issue. With the build 68 install I found I had to reactivate. Activation fails with the message "The game could not be activated, please try again in a few minutes." Same after a fresh install of build 69. I disabled the firewall, no go. This has persisted several days. What's the best course of action to resolve? Thanks!
StlBluesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlBluesFan View Post
I've been running the betas for some time now, each new version installed without issue. With the build 68 install I found I had to reactivate. Activation fails with the message "The game could not be activated, please try again in a few minutes." Same after a fresh install of build 69. I disabled the firewall, no go. This has persisted several days. What's the best course of action to resolve? Thanks!
Wait for the official release.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #3
StlBluesFan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orioles1966 View Post
Wait for the official release.
And why would that resolve the issue? Activation worked before. Has activation been purposely disabled? Given I don't see others with the issue I have a real concern the problem will remain for me with the official release. I'd like to resolve now rather than spin wheels then.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #4
dave1927p
FHM Moderator

Quote:
And why would that resolve the issue? Activation worked before. Has activation been purposely disabled? Given I don't see others with the issue I have a real concern the problem will remain for me with the official release. I'd like to resolve now rather than spin wheels then.
Sorry, I don't think too many of us can help with this one. Are you PC or MAC user? I have not re-activated this game since the first time I installed it so I really am unsure why you need to do it each update.

You might have to wait for a word from a member of the FHM team.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
StlBluesFan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
Sorry, I don't think too many of us can help with this one. Are you PC or MAC user? I have not re-activated this game since the first time I installed it so I really am unsure why you need to do it each update.

You might have to wait for a word from a member of the FHM team.
Yeah, i never had to re-enter the license on any other update. now that is has prompted me I'm unable to satisfy it with the license code given at purchase. Actually, it seems the code isn't even being checked, that activation just says "can't check now, try later."

I understand the official release is tomorrow morning. If I still have a problem with that version I'll post again.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Yeah, i never had to re-enter the license on any other update. now that is has prompted me I'm unable to satisfy it with the license code given at purchase. Actually, it seems the code isn't even being checked, that activation just says "can't check now, try later."

I understand the official release is tomorrow morning. If I still have a problem with that version I'll post again.
If it doesn't work with the release version, let me know via PM and we can try a couple of other things. And if the eSellerate servers get a lot of traffic tomorrow, that activation "busy" message may come up (for once) for legiimate reasons, so it may be a little hard to determine if something's going wrong or not, so if you'd like us to check anyhow, let me know.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #7
StlBluesFan
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
If it doesn't work with the release version, let me know via PM and we can try a couple of other things. And if the eSellerate servers get a lot of traffic tomorrow, that activation "busy" message may come up (for once) for legiimate reasons, so it may be a little hard to determine if something's going wrong or not, so if you'd like us to check anyhow, let me know.
Sent PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #8
Rubbinio
Bat Boy

Same issue here. I have been playing the beta on both my MAC and my PC with now issue. Got the full release today and was asked to activate. The licence key was pre-completed but the activation failed.

The log message is:
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ValidateActivation returned 0xE0050000 (VALIDATEACTIVATION_MACHINE_MISMATCH)
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ActivateSerialNumber returned 0xE0050008 (ACTIVATESN_LIMIT_MET)

Sounds like it thinks it is a different machine but i have been playing the beta on this one.

How can i fix this ?
Rubbinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbinio View Post
Same issue here. I have been playing the beta on both my MAC and my PC with now issue. Got the full release today and was asked to activate. The licence key was pre-completed but the activation failed.

The log message is:
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ValidateActivation returned 0xE0050000 (VALIDATEACTIVATION_MACHINE_MISMATCH)
eSellerate - exit with code eWeb_ActivateSerialNumber returned 0xE0050008 (ACTIVATESN_LIMIT_MET)

Sounds like it thinks it is a different machine but i have been playing the beta on this one.

How can i fix this ?

Looks like the licenses got used up somehow. Not a problem, we'll just get them reset for you - PM me your order number and I'll get Andreas to take care of that.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
Rubbinio
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Looks like the licenses got used up somehow. Not a problem, we'll just get them reset for you - PM me your order number and I'll get Andreas to take care of that.
PM sent, let me know if you need anything else

Thanks
Rubbinio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
jmvoegeli
Bat Boy

Hi,

Got the same issue...played the beta some month ago, now I installed the release and can't activate it using me serial.
jmvoegeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmvoegeli View Post
Hi,

Got the same issue...played the beta some month ago, now I installed the release and can't activate it using me serial.
PM me with your order and/or license number and we can get that reset for you.