Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #1
brokenbat
Minors (Single A)

So, is my league doomed?

Here we are again then. On the cusp of yet another 'new and improved' version of OOTP becoming 'essential' for recruitment even though the program is far from finished and will need a dozen patches between now and January causing delays while all members catch up or just get fed up and leave, and at least one spectacular crash requiring a complete restoration of the league files or a complete abandonment of the current setup for one that isn't riddled with errors and inconsistencies!

When are we commissioners finally gonna say enough is enough? Yes, I'll eventually drag myself up (or is it down?) to OOTP14, hopefully not before the bulk of the bugs have been squished and the improvements (which never actually improve anything) are finally set aside for the next expensive installment. But I so want to say that's it. No more. Up with annual expenditure and trauma I will not put!

Yet, the turkeys continue to vote for Christmas, so can I afford to make a stand? Will staying put and digging my heels in just mean a slow, lingering death for my league as recruitment, always difficult, crawls inexorably toward impossible? Must victory over this annual taxation of my enjoyment of baseball inevitably be Pyrrhic? Can I really be the only commissioner in the world that is just sick and tired of the treadwheel that OOTP has so cunningly got us working on entirely to their benefit?
brokenbat is offline   Reply With Quote