Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
buffalo_pete
Minors (Single A)

How can I view last year's box scores?

What it says on the tin. Thanks for always being accommodating with my inane questions, you guys are the greatest.
buffalo_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
thehef
Hall Of Famer

They get wiped out as each season progresses, replaced by the current season's boxscores. You might be able to find a few of them from previous seasons if you sort the boxscores folder by date modified, looking for the oldest ones.

There are three ways that I know of to save them:

1. Create an almanac after each season (or any season, at least, where you want to save boxscores).
2. Manually save any boxscores you want to keep by doing the copy & paste thing.
3. Any backup that you create would retain your boxscores as of that point in time.

Note that I have a postseason boxscores folder on the same level as my boxscores folder (I believe it's under the html folder - I'm not at my OOTP pc at the moment). That's where I keep - you guessed it - my boxscores from postseasons past (and also tiebreaker games or other notable games). With this folder placed where it is, the html boxscore files retain their graphics, etc... I also rename the files to something like 1975_WS_Game_6.html for easy reference and sorting.
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
Charlie Hough
Hall Of Famer

Umm, can't you just change your settings to save all box scores, game logs, etc?
Charlie Hough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #4
buffalo_pete
Minors (Single A)

Found them, thank you. Do you know if there's some sort of scheme to the file names?
buffalo_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Hough View Post
Umm, can't you just change your settings to save all box scores, game logs, etc?
To my knowledge, you can choose those options but that only means the game will save them for the season, that they will be overwritten next season; choosing to not save them means they are simply not created.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalo_pete View Post
Found them, thank you. Do you know if there's some sort of scheme to the file names?
There is. I'm on OOTP 12, and I think the numbering scheme may have changed in 13. But it's probably consistent in that your minor-league boxes start with a different number than majors... There's a bit more info on this in this thread: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ox-scores.html
thehef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #6
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

You can save them for current season, 2 years, 10 years, or not at all. (or by thethehefs method--very nice btw)

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.

Last edited by Honorable_Pawn; 12-23-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote