Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > MLB Manager 2018 > MLB Manager - Suggestions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

MLB Manager - Suggestions Please help us to improve the game and post your suggestions / ideas in this forum!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
mjkim700
Bat Boy

A few ideas

A few things that could be added, and I know there are RAM restrictions on iDevices so I know that everything can't be accomplished.

1. Waiver systems.
Trade waivers after the deadline, and release waivers. These are one of the things that might be restricted by the lack of RAM as players are being put through waivers everyday.

2. Minor league options.
This is the one thing waivers might be used for and its really not that many players. If a player has no more options left, they go through waivers to see if they can go back to the minors. I feel like its to easy to send down a 35 year old veteran who has a moderately big contract and has 10-5 rights to send down and make him retire that gets rid of the contract.

3. Player/Team Options on contracts
This has been discussed before and is self-explanatory so I don't think I need to talk more about this.

4. Ability to send money on trades
This has also been discussed before so I will not go further into this.

5. Contract talks
One thing that always bugs me is that I offer someone a contract say like the player wants 10 mil for 4 years and I offer him 7.5 mil for 2 years and he doesn't like it and I don't want to go any further because I don't have the money. Then a couple months later I get a message that he signed with a team. I go to his contract screen, and what do I see? He signed a 1 year 6 mil contract. It just bugs me. So I propose that even if the player doesn't like the contract I still get notifications that some other team has offered him a contract and this might not be possible, but all his offers from other teams. I would settle for seeing just the highest offer as that is a start. That would also fix when another team tops your offer and he says that he would like a 20 mil contract. What if the other team offered him 17 mil? But I would never know that and will be forced to give him at least close to the 20 mil he wants.

6. Trade offers/talks.
So trades, the naughty trades. Just to start off, most of the trade offers are ripoffs. And the type of trades that you get. If my team is a contender then why are teams offering me a trade that gives away a key piece in the lineup or my rotation for these nobodies? And also when my team is not contenders, why are teams offering me the same horrible trades for my good young pieces I want to build around, and also for a 4 star player(what is that like 60-70 overall) I should should get 2 or 3 3-4 star prospects(example, Matt Garza trade). And also, teams who are not contenders ask for way too much for their veteran players who have 1 or 2 years left on their contract. I'm using a bad example here but in the Dempster trade, the Cubs got 2 future middle relievers/bench players in return because they didn't have any leverage because of his contract. And one little question here, when the other GM says its close to being alright, and you click the submit button, the trade never goes through. So what exactly is the purpose of the submit button?

So those were a few suggestions as this is the suggestion thread. I'd like to see what everyone else opinions are.
mjkim700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:06 AM   #2
seecurt
Bat Boy

On number 2, I've also used the minors to get an extra year out of a player before he becomes a free agent. With no limits on how many times to push him down there's no incentive to not.
seecurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
seecurt
Bat Boy

I agree whole heatedly with you on number five. I have learned though to always low ball on the offers. As long as you continue to pursue a particular player, you'll be on the game. Some players negotiate harder than others. But you can work them down quite a bit. With some, if you offer full price, they'll always get the mysterious bump from another team. So always start low.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #4
seecurt
Bat Boy

Lastly, the trades. Read my post from last night. There is a way to REALLY make them work for you. I don't even waste my time reading the offers I get. But if I do, I'm always going to counter offer and might wind up getting there top prospect in the end. At least you know that team wants to deal.

I've even pried away top line player in their prime with three or four years left on their contract, which is especially nice considering that I'm always over budget with most of my players in arbitration.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:25 PM   #5
UNITED
Bat Boy

i agree with number 4.
UNITED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
johan25
Minors (Single A)

i do agree with you on the trades. ive only had a few decent trades offered to me, but even then i still have to somewhat sweeten the deal
johan25 is offline   Reply With Quote