Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Technical Support > Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: Logged Issues All issues that have been logged and given a TT # are stored here until fixed

Old 07-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
georgehounddog
Minors (Single A)

Scoring of Errors on Sacrifice Bunt Bug

Batters are getting credited with an 0-2 when a sacrifice bunt is attempted and an error causes the runner to be safe. Should this not be an 0-0 with a sacrifice and a one base error?

I am pretty sure this is a bug. From looking at the fixes for patch 2, it does not look like this one has been found yet.

I apologize if this bug has already been caught and posted.
georgehounddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #2
tysok
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgehounddog
Batters are getting credited with an 0-2 when a sacrifice bunt is attempted and an error causes the runner to be safe. Should this not be an 0-0 with a sacrifice and a one base error?

I am pretty sure this is a bug. From looking at the fixes for patch 2, it does not look like this one has been found yet.

I apologize if this bug has already been caught and posted.
Maybe I'm not thinking along the right lines.... but what is an 0-2, or an 0-0?

I believe you're right though, it should be scored a sac bunt and an error allowing him on, rather than an at bat reached on error. But not sure what you're saying he is getting credited with.
tysok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #3
georgehounddog
Minors (Single A)

I'm saying that they are crediting him with 2 at bats, 0 hits.

The weird thing is when you bunt with the 2nd hitter in the game and he gets on because of an error and he is already credited with 2 at bats.
georgehounddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
battists
Hall Of Famer

I'm sorry for the awfully slow response to this thread.

Obviously, some time has passed since you posted this issue, and the 1.0.2 patch has since been released as well. Are you still seeing this issue?

Additionally, can anyone point out the specific scoring rule related to this? I want to make sure we're getting it right if we're going to ask Markus to change it!

Please let me know!

Thanks,

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:32 PM   #5
sovereignstar
Minors (Triple A)

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/of..._scorer_10.jsp

SACRIFICES
(a) Score a sacrifice bunt when, before two are out, the batter advances one or more runners with a bunt and is put out at first base, or would have been put out except for a fielding error.
(b) Score a sacrifice bunt when, before two are out, the fielders handle a bunted ball without error in an unsuccessful attempt to put out a preceding runner advancing one base. EXCEPTION: When an attempt to turn a bunt into a putout of a preceding runner fails, and in the scorer’s judgment perfect play would not have put out the batter at first base, the batter shall be credited with a one-base hit and not a sacrifice.
(c) Do not score a sacrifice bunt when any runner is put out attempting to advance one base on a bunt. Charge the batter with a time at bat.
(d) Do not score a sacrifice bunt when, in the judgment of the scorer, the batter is bunting primarily for a base hit and not for the purpose of advancing a runner or runners. Charge the batter with a time at bat.
NOTE: In applying the above rule, always give the batter the benefit of the doubt.
(e) Score a sacrifice fly when, before two are out, the batter hits a fly ball or a line drive handled by an outfielder or an infielder running in the outfield which
(1) is caught, and a runner scores after the catch, or
(2) is dropped, and a runner scores, if in the scorer’s judgment the runner could have scored after the catch had the fly been caught.
NOTE: Score a sacrifice fly in accordance with 10.09 (e) (2) even though another runner is forced out by reason of the batter becoming a runner.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #6
battists
Hall Of Famer

Thanks sovereignstar,

I logged this as TT # 2308.

Thanks!

Steve
Old 07-19-2006, 08:13 AM   #7
battists
Hall Of Famer

This has been claimed fixed in the next patch, but has not yet been verified.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 07-25-2006, 10:45 AM   #8
battists
Hall Of Famer

Fix verified!

Steve
Old 12-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #9
Jupiter
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by battists View Post
Fix verified!

Steve
Interestingly, I came across this thread while doing a web search on "bunt error scoring" just to see if I could find the actual rule before I submitted a bug report. I can confirm that this error is back in OOTP 12.

I just played out a game in which, with a runner on 2nd, the batter who was previously 0/2 bunted. The throw was made to first and sailed wide and out of play, allowing the batter to advance to second and the runner to score from 2nd. When the quick box score (on the Widgets page) updated, the player was assessed an at bat (now 0/3) AND was credited with an RBI. Both of these are the wrong scoring.

I will edit here if the final scoring is any different, since I am still mid-game, but I assume the scoring engine for the quick box score is the same.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote