Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:53 PM   #1
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Minor League Managers Ignoring Me

I don't like to micromanage my minors, but I do have prospects that need to get playing time, so I set them to Force Start at a certain position and then let my managers auto-fill the rosters. They're ignoring my wishes though, and I just can't get my guys in the lineup.

Is this a manager personality issue, where they don't like to be interfered with? I seem to remember that manager pages used to mention this, but none of my guys have a note in their bio about that. Is it a bug maybe?
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 04:54 PM   #2
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Or is there an option somewhere to remove that option? I can't imagine a minor league manager in real life disregarding his GMs wishes like this.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #3
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

I use "force start" often to get guys experience at different positions and haven't seen this problem. Not sure what kind of settings could affect it though so don't know what to suggest you look at.
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 05:49 PM   #4
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Did you lock them as well?
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:35 PM   #5
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmysthebestcop View Post
Did you lock them as well?
Not always. Sometimes I'll take a freshly drafted player and force start him at a position without locking him to a particular level and he'll still get the playing time wherever the AI puts him in the organization. Only time I've had problems with it was trying to use it with two way players but I think even then it worked for the most part.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:35 PM   #6
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Minor League Managers Ignoring Me

Sounds like your teams are managed by my wife
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:57 PM   #7
chey
Minors (Triple A)

I have guys set for Force Start and locked to their level, and still they don't get to play. I'm not sure what I could do, short of removing all of the OFs that my minor league manager thinks are better?
Old 05-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #8
chey
Minors (Triple A)

Bump.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #9
SxSnts9
Minors (Double A)

Hmmm sorry man I've never seen an issue with force start as I'll use it in AA/AAA to train promising guys in positions my ML club will have a need for. Are you maybe force starting multiple people at the same position for the same team? I imagine that would throw off the whole thing.

I can't think of anything else as once I force start someone and then ask the manager to update the line-up they automatically get my guy in the right spot. Maybe head over to bug reports.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:44 PM   #10
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Multiple people forced started at the same position does mess everything up.
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:07 AM   #11
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

If you have your manager Options for "Minor League Lineups/Depth Charts/Pitching Staffs" set to Computer AI, you are NOT in control and they are not obligated to listen to you. I recommend setting that particular setting to your control and then you can have the AI set lineups via individual teams OR from the Roster transactions screen for the entire system and it will abide by your force starts when setting up the teams. I NEVER let the Minor League Managers/AI set my Lineups/depth charts/Pitching Staffs at any level. You are just asking for things like that to happen if you do!
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 03:12 PM   #12
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painmantle View Post
If you have your manager Options for "Minor League Lineups/Depth Charts/Pitching Staffs" set to Computer AI, you are NOT in control and they are not obligated to listen to you. I recommend setting that particular setting to your control and then you can have the AI set lineups via individual teams OR from the Roster transactions screen for the entire system and it will abide by your force starts when setting up the teams. I NEVER let the Minor League Managers/AI set my Lineups/depth charts/Pitching Staffs at any level. You are just asking for things like that to happen if you do!
I always have my minor league managers manage my minor league lineups and depth charts and still never have problems with using force start. Both "lock to current minor league level" and "force start" override minor league managerial decisions, or at least are supposed to.