Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-21-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
neugey
All Star Reserve

Noob PT Curiosity Questions

I've played OOTP before but tomorrow will be my first day digging into PT. I've got some curiosity questions on what to expect tomorrow ...

1. What do you start with when you log in with your brand new account (not including the Gold pack we’re supposed to get for being a pre March 29 buyer)? How many PP and ordinary packs do you get at outset? Are there any ‘stock’ players in your collection to start with or do you literally have 0 players in collection until you start ripping packs or buying cards off the AH?

2. If I have a pedestrian team that is the .400-.500 winning percentage in the lowest league and don’t make the playoffs, with only garden variety achievements, about how many PP would I expect to earn per week? Basically, what is the PP weekly minimum wage for having an active team, at least from what you saw in PT19?

3. Can you add your own custom card art to replace existing card art for a card in your collection? For instance, if I have a 1984 Don Mattingly rookie sensation card, can I add the 1984 Topps card image myself (downloaded from Internet) for my own local viewing pleasure in the game? If not, has this kind of a feature been requested before?

4. Can I see the effective stats that my card has accumulated in entry play, down the gritty details in hitting, pitching and defensive stats? Presuming it does, do these tally throughout the season? And if were to sell that card and later buy an exact copy of it back and use it again, do the stats reset to 0 or would they happen to retain?

5. I think the answer is probably 'no', but is there ever a case where cards go up in the AH but were posted by OOTP Admins or the computer? Rephrasing, all cards in AH are for sale by only customer players, right?

6. When you browse cards on the AH, can you see who is selling the card or is the seller's account name hidden for privacy reasons?

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles

Last edited by neugey; 03-21-2019 at 05:54 PM.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

2. 3-5K
3. No
4a. You can see the entry pool as you play it, but then it is erased when you start league play. League stats are retained for the life of the card.
4b. Not the same card so stats are whatever that card has accumulated for other players (or 0 if new)
5. No, cards posted by players only.
6. Hidden.

Last edited by Orcin; 03-21-2019 at 06:05 PM.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:02 PM   #3
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

1. You will get 36 cards (6 packs) plus your gold pack plus 1000pp. Your 36 cards will include a player at each position and enough pitchers to field a team. There will be one gold card in the 36, giving you 2 golds total plus 4 silvers and 8 or 9 bronze.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #4
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
4a. You can see the entry pool as you play it, but then it is erased when you start league play. League stats are retained for the life of the card.

Thanks so much for the prompt answers Orcin. About the above, I am kind of fuzzy on what the difference is between 'entry pool' and league play. Can you summarize how they work? Can I be in more than one league and if I am in at least one does that mean I'm no longer in the 'entry pool'?

Sorry if these seem basic, but I did check the FAQ, honest.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #5
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

You start in the entry pool. You begin league play on Monday morning. Entry pool is basically spring training.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:24 AM   #6
Edster007
All Star Starter

I'm going to hijack this for another newbie question instead of starting a new thread. I participated in the beta version, my first time playing PT. My question is how hard is it to keep up if you cant play on somewhat of daily basis? I travel for work a lot and can go days with being able to play (I have to travel with a work laptop thats locked down or I'd be playing on the road). For instance I started on the first day but until late Wednesday I wasn't able to do a thing besides the initial setup. If I can't attempt to compete I am on the fence of whether I start today or wait until late summer when OOTP Go comes out when I at least have a chance to be competitive.

I didn't notice any in the beta but are there injuries or just standard fatigue?
Edster007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:30 AM   #7
Kushiel
All Star Starter

You do not have to micro-manage this game. That is part of the beauty. You can leave it for work and life matters, then come back and make adjustments and spend accumulated PP at your leisure. If you have a good team, it will be competitive whether you are there every minute or not.

P.S. There are no injuries.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #8
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
You do not have to micro-manage this game. That is part of the beauty. You can leave it for work and life matters, then come back and make adjustments and spend accumulated PP at your leisure. If you have a good team, it will be competitive whether you are there every minute or not.

P.S. There are no injuries.
Yep. If you want to log in every half hour to adjust bullpen settings, you can. If you can only log in once a week, you can still "set it and forget it" and you'll keep playing. Early on it definitely helps to watch your team to make sure your settings are right, but I've had a few times in 19 where I logged in once a week to the team, rip a couple packs, maybe swap out a bullpen arm, and see how they do without me watching.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote