Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:19 PM   #1
Eric
All Star Starter

Highest league your FTP team has reached

I'm just wondering how high a FTP (free to play) team can reach before being stuck behind P2P (pay to play) teams.

What's the highest level people have reached in OOTP 2019?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
chazzycat
All Star Starter

I know some have reached perfect, but they tend not to stay there long.

I don't have any true FTP teams, but I do have one team I only spent $20 and started the team a month after release. So I think that is fairly equivalent to a FTP team who started day 1. That team did manage to reach perfect, but has no chance of competing and will probably be relegated this weekend.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
I have a free to play team that made it to Diamond.

1 year Bronze
1 Year Silver
3 years Gold
6 Years Diamond
and now the last 4 in Gold.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #4
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

had a pre-ww2 theme team (F2P) that reached Diamond level and stuck around there for 5 seasons (never finished above .500 while there)...

currently in Gold level with them... last I saw they were leading their division (but lots can change in a month of play )
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #5
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Keep in mind that it will be harder for an FTP team (or any team, really) to reach Perfect now that there's an extra level in 20.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:38 PM   #6
noragar
Minors (Single A)

My FTP team made it up to Diamond and has been making the playoffs about half the time, but has never won a playoff series in Diamond.
noragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:40 PM   #7
Izz
Hall Of Famer

Currently in my first season at perfect level and getting beat up.

Never missed the playoffs while at diamond level.

A brief history of the Australia-New Zealand Baseball League (AUNZBL 2019-2119)--A Dynasty Report
The National Penterham Four-Bases Association--A Dynasty Report
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #8
Sipimi
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I'm just wondering how high a FTP (free to play) team can reach before being stuck behind P2P (pay to play) teams.

What's the highest level people have reached in OOTP 2019?
My three teams reached Perfect then went on being relegated to Diamond and then promoted again, ping pong style.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sipimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:45 PM   #9
chazzycat
All Star Starter

There's also the huge component of luck involved with pack pulls to consider. Like if an FTP team pulls the perfect Pedro card then they are basically a whale, without spending any money. So technically it would be possible to dominate perfect level as FTP. Extremely unlikely though.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:59 PM   #10
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

My one FTP has made diamond and by only using 70 - 79 cards. Right now they are tied for 2nd 1 1/2 games out. They are competitive at this level. They would get slaughtered if ever promoted to Perfect.

There is only so far Ozzie, Simmons, Reyes and Len Barker can carry you...
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:06 PM   #11
PapaRoux
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I have two OOTP19 FTP teams.

Team 1

2 seasons Bronze (Qualified twice)
1 season Silver (Champion)
1 season Gold (Champion)
7 seasons Diamond (Qualified 6 times with 1 Champion)
1 season Perfect (currently 47-46)

Team 2

1 seasons Bronze (Qualified)
1 season Silver (Qualified)
1 season Gold (Qualified)
3 seasons Diamond (Qualified twice with 1 Champion)
8 season Perfect (never qualified for the playoffs)
1 season Diamond (currently 64-31)

Both teams were built by working the auction house.
PapaRoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #12
jokah03
Bat Boy

I started late (like a month ago) but all 3 of my teams are FTP.

I’ve got one in gold for the last 3 years, one in diamond (won a playoff series, lost 4-3 in championship round) and one Chicago cubs players only where I got super lucky and pulled/sold diamond ichiro for 450k+. So that’s my best team but I’m still in silver. I’ll stop paying much attention to them starting tomorrow though.
jokah03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #13
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I have one FTP at Perfect for the second week. They are playing .500 ball this week. Another FTP is in Diamond where they make the playoffs most seasons but not to the World Series yet.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:09 PM   #14
Will_L
All Star Reserve

One made Perfect and was relegated to Diamond after a few seasons, another made Diamond and the third never rose above Silver.
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:23 PM   #15
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

With having 3 teams you are bound to have one that has good luck with pulls and AH deals. Already:
Attached Images
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #16
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdox View Post
With having 3 teams you are bound to have one that has good luck with pulls and AH deals. Already:
I wouldn't put any stock in AH deals found in beta. The AH is pretty dead because nobody has points to spend and are more likely to try their luck at packs just to see what they can get. Starting tomorrow, money will be floating around and people will be spending freely. The only chances at a deal will be from new players who don't realize a player's true market value due to no market history, and they throw a stud up for a BIN that's way too low.
atabakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:58 PM   #17
<Pion>
All Star Starter

5 total seasons at Perfect, 2 demotions back to Diamond with 7 total seasons at Diamond. I've noticed my win% has been steadily decreasing at Perfect Level which I'm guessing is from the increasing abilities of the competition (Perfect teams as a whole being much better). I still seem to hold my own at Diamond as I haven't been relegated back to Gold and have been promoted three times to Perfect.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #18
QuantaCondor
All Star Reserve

I played 3 FTP teams. Each of them are currently in Perfect Leagues, and one of them won a Perfect League WS title last week. I did pull a good card off a pack on that team though and the roster is worth ~250k PP (as opposed to ~100k PP which is where my team that had no good pulls is sitting).
QuantaCondor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:07 PM   #19
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
5 total seasons at Perfect, 2 demotions back to Diamond with 7 total seasons at Diamond. I've noticed my win% has been steadily decreasing at Perfect Level which I'm guessing is from the increasing abilities of the competition (Perfect teams as a whole being much better). I still seem to hold my own at Diamond as I haven't been relegated back to Gold and have been promoted three times to Perfect.
This sounds a bit similar to my experience. My FTP team has been promoted to Perfect 2x now, spending 4 years there the first time through. This will be its 3rd and [hopefully] final season in Perfect as I am tanking to get back to Diamond level. I don't care about wins and losses, but I earn an average of 5k to 8k more points in any one season at Diamond than I do at Perfect, so I need to lose a whole helluva lot now (I was already losing plenty, just not enough to be relegated) to speed up my chances of winning quicker.

Remember though that as the game progresses, every team is going to be getting better. After a number of seasons, Diamond level leagues will be harder than the initial Perfect levels are, simply because more time = more points for more teams to get good. Given enough time (well more than the lifespan of this version, assuredly), the talent levels between the top league levels will converge, meaning that there will eventually be no difference in competition level between, for example, Diamond and Perfect.

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:56 PM   #20
elutz31
Minors (Double A)

Luck plays such a big role with the ftp players and it's not usually on your side. I pulled 22 perfect cards on 1 team, 1 on the 2nd team and 0 on the 3rd team and all 3 team started when the game launched. The only difference in the 3 teams is the team with 22 perfect pulls I spent a few bucks at the start and pulled a couple diamond cards I was able to sell off for a boat load of pp. The 1 team had a clear advantage to start over the other 2 but 22-1-0 is ridiculously lucky coupled with 2 equally unlucky.
elutz31 is offline   Reply With Quote