Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:49 AM   #1
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the Historical Iron Additions

This is a wonderful turn of events for us older folks. I was able to divest myself of Live and newer players very quickly. What names - Marvin Eugene Throneberry, Harry Chiti, and on and on. Lovin' it!

Keeping my eyes peeled for '62-'65 Mets. By the way, Harry Chiti was the first player to be returned to his former team in a player to be named later trade, I seem to recall.
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:01 AM   #2
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

Agreed. Love seeing the Historical regular guys. They may never make my team, but they're a great add to spice things up.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:41 AM   #3
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
This is a wonderful turn of events for us older folks. I was able to divest myself of Live and newer players very quickly. What names - Marvin Eugene Throneberry, Harry Chiti, and on and on. Lovin' it!

Keeping my eyes peeled for '62-'65 Mets. By the way, Harry Chiti was the first player to be returned to his former team in a player to be named later trade, I seem to recall.
Fun fact on Throneberry, at one time in OOTP19 (for teams that played in the leagues I was in), Throneberry had the highest RC27 of any other 1Bman. While playing for the Philadelphia Indians, he had a .350 BA and an 8.06 RC/27 in 64 plate appearances. He eventually dropped from that rarified air when another team, the Chicago Machine, started him for 47 games and he hit just .219. So far in OOTP19 leagues I've been in, he has played to a modestly respectable .252 BA, .747 OPS, and 4.52 RC/27 (all stats from the Bronze level).
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #4
Janks
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Fun fact on Throneberry, at one time in OOTP19 (for teams that played in the leagues I was in), Throneberry had the highest RC27 of any other 1Bman. While playing for the Philadelphia Indians, he had a .350 BA and an 8.06 RC/27 in 64 plate appearances. He eventually dropped from that rarified air when another team, the Chicago Machine, started him for 47 games and he hit just .219. So far in OOTP19 leagues I've been in, he has played to a modestly respectable .252 BA, .747 OPS, and 4.52 RC/27 (all stats from the Bronze level).

I had to retire Marv when he was on top of his game.

He was my opening day 1B for 2 years.
Attached Images
Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 06:16 PM   #5
neugey
All Star Reserve

I like the principle of having the ordinary historical guys and the one-year wonders. The big stars from the past couldn't do their thing without help. As the sang goes, it takes a village.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote