Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
texasmame
All Star Starter

Pics and vid! Pics and vid!! Pics and vid!!!

*stomp stomp clap*

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #2
sportdan30
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Pics and vid pics and vid!!

Agree! I'm ready to pre-order but first would love to see something from this game that's coming out in a matter of days.
sportdan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:20 AM   #3
a5ehren
Bat Boy

No disrespect to OOTP Dev, but you shouldn't pre-order any game, ever.

Especially in this case since they have already said you get 10% off the entire first week. Wait for beta feedback and reviews to hit, then you'll have plenty of information to make your decision.
a5ehren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 10:45 AM   #4
jimmysthebestcop
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (5)
Or at least some pre-ordering swag. Like an awesome in house uniform/logo set. Only time I pre order is if its really sweet bonus or special pre ordering only discount.

If not no need it'll download as soon as it releases anyway
jimmysthebestcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:25 AM   #5
low
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5ehren View Post

Especially in this case since they have already said you get 10% off the entire first week. Wait for beta feedback and reviews to hit, then you'll have plenty of information to make your decision.

Preordering, the bane of the video game industry. Nothing was or has been more important for setting the we'll-release-it-unfinished-and-maybe-fix-later standard.
low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #6
sansterre
Minors (Triple A)

I agree in principle.

But in practice I've preordered every single OOTP since OOTP X and have never regretted it once. I even have a special part of my budget explicitly set aside for buying OOTP.

My best friend asked me what feature I was most excited about in OOTP XX.

I told him that there weren't any in particular. But that every year my favorite game in the world gets better, often in ways I wouldn't have known to ask for, and I am very thankful for it.

For me, at any rate, OOTP Developments has definitely earned my trust. And my money.
sansterre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #7
Cactusguy21
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by low View Post
Preordering, the bane of the video game industry. Nothing was or has been more important for setting the we'll-release-it-unfinished-and-maybe-fix-later standard.
It's even worse in the board game world. Kickstarter has killed all quality in board games, now it's "create a flashy idea, then ship the game a year later when people forget about how good it was supposed to be"
Everything's about who has the better gimmick in their game, because most board gamers refuse to buy anything that's not from Kickstarter, and Kickstarter backers care about gimmicks and gimmicks alone, because there's no gameplay to go off of.
Cactusguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 04:43 PM   #8
Eric
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactusguy21 View Post
It's even worse in the board game world. Kickstarter has killed all quality in board games, now it's "create a flashy idea, then ship the game a year later when people forget about how good it was supposed to be"
Everything's about who has the better gimmick in their game, because most board gamers refuse to buy anything that's not from Kickstarter, and Kickstarter backers care about gimmicks and gimmicks alone, because there's no gameplay to go off of.
The difference with board games on Kickstarter is the fear of missing out. Unlike software, there may be good games that have a limited production run and if it winds up being a really good game (e.g. 7th Continent) that you won't be able to get outside Kickstarter.

For software, the publisher can crank out as many license keys as needed.

But I digress...
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:46 AM   #9
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

I pre order because I have confidence in ootp due to its track record.
I just look at it like helping the release be better if some things are found during the pre release time.
Most of us know that no one works harder than Markus and his team to fix any bug or problem as soon as possible after a release.
Some game companies never acknowledge the customer.
I wont name names but there are game companies that I wont buy a pre release no matter what the discount is.

Last edited by BaseballMan; 03-14-2019 at 05:22 PM.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:59 AM   #10
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Would somebody please time warp me to Monday? Please, please, please???
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:58 AM   #11
32koufax
Minors (Single A)

I'm not a long time OOTP player. I come from a board game background. I played several different OOTP iterations and, honestly, was always disappointed in the stats as compared to my experience with Strat-O-Matic and Replay.
Fast forward to V-18... I play, I might add, single season historical replays ONLY. The game simulation engine, w/ V-18, totally satisfied me and I had "confidence" (and proof in the pudding from my replays) that '61 Maris or '30 Hack Wilson weren't going to provide off the charts stats. In fact Raj hit 60 homers and Hack knocked in 204, 13 more than in real life. With that said, the game presentation, including the out of town scoreboard, the team stats, the old time ballpark creations, the face gen players, the 3-d animations (my favorite!), the post game highlight options.... anyway, what I'm rambling on about is this... I'm a big believer in supporting the designers of my favorite hobby. Even if the OOTP team gave me nothing more than player spray charts in '20, I'd still pre-order, which I did. LOL!!
Jack
32koufax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:33 PM   #12
texasmame
All Star Starter

Oh, I preordered with no pause.

Still, wanna see PICS AND VID!

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:13 PM   #13
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'll buy it regardless, i have since 10. But I always prefer to wait until it's been patched a few times.Also i tend to always wait until April 15th to do my taxes and my refund check is what i use to buy OOTP each year. So it's more that vs patches.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #14
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
I'll buy it regardless, i have since 10. But I always prefer to wait until it's been patched a few times.
Isn't that usually by about 4:00pm the first day of release???
Old 03-14-2019, 05:46 PM   #15
BURNS81
Minors (Double A)

The only time I have been disappointed in this franchise is when they decided to use points instead of dollars for player salaries. We even had debates on the forum of how to convert points to money.That killed all the realism for me. Anyone else remember that experiment?
BURNS81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:45 PM   #16
discodude5
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Would somebody please time warp me to Monday? Please, please, please???
I know hey. Every other person at work is looking forward to the weekend and I can't wait to get through the weekend and to Monday.
discodude5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:24 PM   #17
Poweshow
Minors (Triple A)

Infractions: 0/3 (3)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30 View Post
Agree! I'm ready to pre-order but first would love to see something from this game that's coming out in a matter of days.
100% absolutely. I brought this up in another thread and crazy story... they lock the thread.
I don't play many video games anymore, but in all my years of playing video games this has been the worst launch I've ever witnessed. OOTP needs to go over how they launched OOTP 20 and do some major overhauling here, this has been offensive.
Poweshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:33 AM   #18
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweshow View Post
100% absolutely. I brought this up in another thread and crazy story... they lock the thread.
I don't play many video games anymore, but in all my years of playing video games this has been the worst launch I've ever witnessed. OOTP needs to go over how they launched OOTP 20 and do some major overhauling here, this has been offensive.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:51 AM   #19
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My young grasshopper, OOTP is the ONLY game that is 100% sure that you are safe to pre-order every year... believe me.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:28 AM   #20
TwinsGuy11
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

No disrespect to you, but you really shouldn't tell people whether to preorder a game or not.
TwinsGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote