Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports

FHM 4 - Dynasty Reports Talk about your FHM dynasties here!

Old 02-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #241
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickphillies View Post
Loving seeing alternate timelines! Especially seeing guys like Wally Hergesheimer go off like he did.
Hergesheimer had a career high 59 points in 1952, real life. He's already surpassed that!! I too am looking forward to seeing if he can continue what he's started in this!! Thanks for reading!
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:01 AM   #242
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1950 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Here are the top 10 scorers from the playoffs.

Tim Horton with more playoff goals(2), then regular season goals(1).

Ted Kennedy wins the Hart trophy. I’m sorry, or well, no I'm not, this doesn’t make a lick of sense. Ted Kennedy is a great hockey player. His team just missed the playoffs after winning 4 cups in a row. The best player on the team missed a third of the season. In no way, shape or form does Ted Kennedy deserve the league's MVP this season. That’s RIDICULOUSLY BAD!!

Frank Brimsek win’s his 5th Gardiner Trophy! That ties the awards namesake, Charlie Gardiner, for most wins ever! Brimsek had a great year. Here are the season's all stars.

Speaking of Brimsek, the offseason begins with an interesting deal.

Montreal ships their starting goale, 34 year old Frank Brimsek to Chicago. Brimsek just won the Gardiner award, so he can still play. Brimsek is expected to take over the starting gig from young Gerry McNeil. McNeil is rated slightly better then Brimsek, but if they don’t play the star, this doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Chicago is also getting Leo Reise, and even though I haven’t mentioned him before, hes a really talented player. A top 2 defenseman in his prime. He’s a 3.5 star player, who is rated amazingly well defensively. Montreal gets Jim McFadden back. He spend his early 20’s in Montreal and just scored 21 goals for Chicago. Hate this deal for Montreal. They didn’t get enough back.

Chicago bound!

The Brimsek trade cleary leads to another deal…

Montreal gets a new starting goalie in Dick Bittner. Detroit seems to be saying Johnny Bower is their starting goalie going forward. Bittner did a good job the last 2 years, leading the Red Wings back to the playoffs this season. Bittner can play, and on it’s own I don’t mind this trade for the Habs. I feel like these two deals combined though, are really bad for Montreal.

Bittner to Montreal.

Andy Bathgate is the top pick in the 1950 draft. He’s got some very nice potential, and is already somewhat polished as a offensive player. He’s got zero defense though, and needs to work on his game in that area before he’s NHL ready.

2nd pick Alex Delvecchio looks like he could make the Rangers this year. His all around game is impressive at age 17. Here is the results of the draft.

In game, the cpu inducted a goalie with 300 career games played and a losing record into the Hall of Fame. I won’t be recognizing him, as he should not be in the Hall of Fame. I wish there was a way I could edit this…

What are you doing Toronto? The Leafs make a questionable trade.

Tod Sloan, 22 years old, just led the cup champions in scoring with 36 goals and 65 points. The Leafs send him to Boston for Pete Babando. Babando is a good player, he’s a perfect 2nd/3rd line guy, who can defend, but damn, Tod Sloan is a extremely high price to pay. CPU must be seeing something I'm not, cuz I don’t see why the Leafs would do this trade. It's essentially a 1st liner for a mid liner.

The Chicago Blackhawks changed their road jersey, its the only significant change this year...

Old 02-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #243
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1950-51 NHL Season Preview

Top Player

Top Goalie

Old 03-01-2018, 10:08 AM   #244
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1950-51 NHL Regular Season

Maurice Richard strains his posterior cruciate ligament 5 games into the season. He will miss a month. This is a chance for the Rangers to prove their critics wrong. Ted Kennedy won the Hart trophy despite his team collapsing. If this team can do anything without the Rocket, now would be a good time to show us.

Maurice returns to the ice on Nov 29th, leading the Rangers to a 3-2 win over Chicago. He missed 15 games. New Yorks record in those games….2-11-2. Without Richard, they are the worst team in hockey. Quite the fall, and kinda proof how valuable Richard really is.

The real MVP?

On December 17th, less then a month since Richards return, this happened.

Ok, well, that’s not a minor injury. Huge fail on the headline. New York goes 5-3-1 in games Richard plays between injuries, but obviously, they are now on a direct path to last place. Richard hopefully will be back 100% for next year. When the season started, he could have become the all-time goal king this year. That will have to wait until he’s healthy.

Richard injured again. I do love this picture.

Red Kelly spent the first 4 years of his career as a defenseman. A good defenseman. Kelly is a versatile player, who able to play all 5 positions on the ice. Last season, the Canadiens moved Kelly to C, and since then, He’s been fantastic. He’s developed into a 5 star player, and is having a breakout season, with 40 points in 35 games. I’m not sure how the CPU will handle him going forward, but I love that they moved him, and he’s become the teams top C!

Kelly's rise from dman to top C the last 2 years.

Woah, and WTF???!!!

Toronto trades Milt Schmidt to the Detroit Red Wings for Gump Worsley, a up and coming 21 year old goalie! The other two players in this deal are half star players.

Ok, Milt has slowed down, no doubt, but he’s still pretty good. He’s played 43 games this season and has 34 points. He’s contributing to the first place Leafs. Gump Worsley has played 29 games in Detroit, and has a .907 save percentage. He has 3 star potential, and that will probably go up the more he plays.

Schmidt leaves Toronto!

Worsley reported TO THE MINORS CUZ THE LEAFS ALREADY HAVE TWO GREAT GOALIES. WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY TRADE A SCORING CENTER, WHO PLAYS AN IMPORTANT ROLE FOR A PLAYER THEY CANT USE!!! COME ON GAME!! THAT’S THE DUMBEST TRADE IVE EVER SEEN!

The Leafs made another deal a day later…

Ok, Cal Gardner is a really good player. He’s a nice 2nd liner who finishes season’s right in the 45-50 point area. He’s 26, so he’s got a lot of years left. Dickie Moore is a 20 year old whose still a project, but he’s got nice potential, and should develop wherever he plays. Toronto obviously was clearing a space for Gardner when they traded Schmidt, but it still doesn’t make sense. Gardner is capable of playing both wings. Keep both players, don’t waste a talented C on a goalie, who despite being good, you can’t use!!!

Cal Gardner joins the Leafs

The trade deadline comes a week later, and the Leafs make 3 more deal to continue re-shapping a team that was already in first place. I’ll look at them all together.

The first deal to get Woody Dumart is obviously all about now. Dumart is a ppg player, even at age 34, and will help this team’s offense, maybe even be the focal point at times. Leo Boivon is a nice prospect and a decent return for the Bruins.

Dumart joins Toronto

Toronto then gets ANOTHER GOALIE THEY DON’T NEED in Gerry McNeil, who was splitting time with Frank Brimsek. It makes some sense for the Hawks to deal him, it makes no sense for Toronto to acquire him. Toronto loses talented defenseman Frank Mathers. DUMB.

Frank Mathers of to Chicago.

Toronto then trades 21 year old franchise dman Tim Horton. Horton is having a much better season then he did on last years cup team. A +15, 22 points and a game rating in the 60’s. Chicago sends Marcel Pronovost, who ratings wise, is a poor man’s Tim Horton. He’s less talented in all areas, and has a smaller potential. Pronovost should be good one day, Horton should be great. The Blackhawks just robbed the Leafs twice..

Horton trade shocks hockey fans!

Entering the final month, Gordie Howe has 73 points. That’s 12 less then Maurice Richard's record setting 85 set in 46/47. Richard set that record in 55 games, which Howe has already passed, but most points is most points. Can Howe set the record?

Final Standings

Without Maurice Richard, the Rangers do finish last. Even with all the dumb Leaf moves, Terry Sawchuk has become incredible, and they are still really deep.

Gordie Howe falls one point short of the all time single season scoring record. I have to think it’s just a matter of time before it falls very soon.

Terry Sawchuk, at 21, has become so much better then all his peers. He’s in a different world of goaltending now. As long as he’s a Leaf, there moves might now matter. I can see him helming a dynasty.

Gump Worsley and Gerry McNeil play a combined 11 games, going 8-3 after their acquisitions…. For the Pittsburgh Hornets of the AHL. DUMB....

Milt Schmidt gets 15 points in 24 games to finish the year in Detroit. Woody Dumart has 19 points in his 24 games as a Leaf, while Cal Gardner had 17 in 20.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:59 AM   #245
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1951 NHL Playoffs

Milt Schmidt of the Red Wings get his former team, Toronto in the playoffs. Detroit though, for some reason, (and at this point, I guess I have a bad eye for talent) starts 23 year old, 1.5 star, 6 career games, Marcel Pelletier in net, instead of Johnny Bower. I just don’t get it…..

Pelletier plays well, and makes 24 saves, but Terry Sawchuk plays better, leading Toronto to a 2-1 win to open the series. Pelletier is back in net for game 2, and is fantastic. Detroit looked like the better team in this one start to finish. Sawchuk is outdueled in Detroit’s 2-1 series tying win.

Rookie Pelletier is given the Detroit crease!

Billy Reay scores twice for Detroit, while the Leafs are held to just 16 shots. Easy 3-1 win for the Wings, and an upset is brewing. The Leafs finally get off to a good start in game 4. Goals by Warren Godfrey and Phil Samis have them up 2-0 after a period. Woody Dumart’s first of the series makes it 3-0, but the Wings respond. Gordie Howe finally gets on the board, and when Gaye Stewart scores in the third, it ties the game at 3! This one needed overtime, and while shorthanded, Pete Babando scores to salvage it for Toronto! They are lucky, and still very much alive. Series tied at two.

Pete Babando wins game 4 for the Leafs!

Back in Toronto for game five, George Armstrong and Gordie Howe combine for 4 points. Pelletier stops 23 shots, and records a 4-0 shutout!!! Detroit’s defense and GOALTENDING has been fantastic! Also of note, Cal Gardner, who pretty much took Milt Schmidt’s spot in Toronto’s lineup, has no points in 5 games. Game 6 is not even close. Detroit dominates from the opening faceoff. Fred Shero scores twice. Elmer Lach gets 2 assists, bringing his series total to 8. Detroit wins 6-1, and eliminates the Leafs. I guess all those changes didn’t work…..

Wally Hergesheimer gets the winning goal late in game one to give Montreal a 2-1 win, and the early lead against Boston. Tom Johnson is the first star of Montreal’s 2-1 game two win, with 2 assists. Al Rollins stopped 28 shots for the Habs. He’s been really good since taking the starting job from Bitner.

Al Rollins starting for Montreal

Sid Abel gets a goal and an assist, and Bernie Geoffrion scores his first career playoff goal giving Boston a 2-0 lead early. They hold on to get on their first win, 3-1. Down 3-1 heading into the third period of game 4, the Bruins stage a furious comeback, highlighted by Geoffrion’s 2 goals, and steal a 4-3 win.

Boom Boom caps the Bruins game 4 comeback

Ted Lindsay scores twice in the first of game 5, giving the Habs the lead. It’s 2-2 heading into the third however, then Red Sullivan scores 3 goals, and Tod Sloan gets 2. 7-2 win for Boston. Red Sullivan actually finished the game with 4 of his own. With all the momentum, Boston falls behind in the opening minute of game 6, and they can never catch up. Montreal wins 3-2 to force a game 7.

Sullivan scores 4 goals in game 5!

There’s no scoring in the opening period of game 7, but Montreal holds Boston to just 4 shots, as they controlled the play. Boston’s 5th shot of the game finds the back of the net, courtesy of Jack McIntyre. Before the end of the period, Wally Hergesheimer’s 3rd goal ties the game.

Early in the third, Doug Harvey springs Nick Mickoski, who beats Al Rollins on the breakaway for a 2-1 Boston lead. Montreal fails to record another shot on net the rest of the game, meaning Boston’s 2-1 lead holds up. Boston wins the series in 7!

Old 03-02-2018, 10:03 AM   #246
George_Bell
All Star Starter

(Woody Dumart is no longer a Bruin, traded to Toronto)

The goalie choices I listed above are just guesses. I have no idea who will be in net for either team when this series starts. Jacque Plante and Johnny Bower both played more regular season games then those two, so it’s anyone's guess.

Detroit became a legit 2 line team with the addition of Milt Schmidt. That 2nd line of Doug Adam, George Armstrong and Schmidt provided some secondary scoring against the Leafs and will challenge Boston. Detroit’s defense was fantastic in round 1. 19 year old Pierre Pilote has taken a regular role, playing 22 minutes a game with a rating of 68! He’s a ROY candidate.

Doug Harvey has fought injuries the last few years, but he’s healthy for this series. He just put up 5 points against Montreal. Boston doesn’t have the offense to match Detroit since the Wings mid-season additions, but they do have depth. All 3 lines can contribute, and they will need to, in order to win the franchises first Stanley Cup!
Old 03-03-2018, 10:04 AM   #247
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Gordie Howe opens the scoring midway through the 2nd, only to see Metro Prystai tie it for Boston a minute later. It stays tied into the third, until Sid Abel beats Pelletier on the power play. 2-1 Boston takes the opener. Howe scores twice in the first frame. He adds another goal and 2 assists. Milt Schmidt gets 3 assists of his own, and Elmer Lach gets 3 points. It’s all Detroit as they win 7-1 to tie the series.

Gordie Howe with 4 goals in the first 2 games!

Boston is able to shut down Detroit just like in game 1. Boom Boom Geoffrion and Leo Boivon score for Boston. Those 2 goals are enough. Bruins edge it out 2-1, and lead the series. The Bruins D again does the job, holding the Wings to 2 goals on 24 shots. Tod Sloan records a goal and an assists, giving the Bruins a 3-2 win, putting them on the brink of their first Cup!

Tod Sloan's 2 goals have the Bruins one win away!

With glory in their reach, the top Boston line combined for 11 points tonight. Red Sullivan had 5 alone. Boston out shot Detroit 45-16, while the Red Wings took 24 minutes in penalties, compared to the two minutes Boston spent in the box. Game 5 is no contest. 8-3 Boston. The Bruins have finally won the Stanley Cup!

Old 03-03-2018, 10:05 AM   #248
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 03-04-2018, 10:49 AM   #249
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1951 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Slight change, here are the top 10 regular season and playoff scorers

Gordie Howe is the Hart Trophy winner in 1951. He was the best player in the league this year, and is a well deserved honoree. Boom Boom is the rookie of the year. He led Boston in scoring and got a ring! Terry Sawchuk wins the first of what could be many Gardiner awards!

Toe Blake has retired from the NHL! His 350 goals and 838 points currently stand as NHL records. He’s 2nd to Elmer Lach in career assists also. Milt Schmidt is just 2 goals and points behind him, and Maurice Richard isn’t 30 yet, so these records won’t last, but 34 years into this replay, Blake retires as the man. He spent his whole career in Chicago. He won 4 Stanley Cups. Here is a look at his career.

thumbnail (click to expand)

Before the draft, Toronto and Chicago hook up again on a significant deal, this time, im impressed with the Leafs

Andy Bathgate is a top prospect. He’s got 4 star potential, whose gonna put up a lot of points. Only 18, he just scored 50 points in the AHL, and looks ready to contribute. Pete Babando came to Toronto from Boston last year for Tod Sloan, a deal I thought was a mistake for Toronto. Babando put up a career high 30 assists, but also scored just 5 goals. He’s a 2nd line guy, he’s a good player, but Bathgate has star potential.

Young Bathgate joins Toronto

This years draft lacks the star power and name recognition we have been seeing lately, but it looks to have a lot of depth.

Doug Moans is the top pick, but at 17, he’s pretty raw. He can play the left side anywhere, the Rangers just need some patience with him. Claude Provost looks to me like the best player in the draft. He’s a potential all around type player, who can be effective in his own zone right now.

The New York Rangers introduced a white uniform for the first time. Here is what they will wear in 1951/52.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #250
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1951-51 NHL Season Preview

Top Player

Top Goalie

Old 03-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #251
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1951-52 NHL Regular Season

Early in the season, Detroit’s Milt Schmidt passes Toe Blake in career goals, and career points. He is now the all time leader in both categories. Maurice Richard is currently 7 goals behind Schmidt and will probably catch him this season, if he’s healthy. Here are the current top 10 goal scorers in league history…

22 year old Terry Sawchuk has a chance to rewrite the record books. Last year, he allowed 1.91 GAA, with a .925 SP. Through 30 games this year, he’s a 1.99 and .923. He’s putting up a game ratings of 78 so far. I’m just so impressed with his ratings, and his results. Combine those with his age, and I’ve come to the he’s the most valuable player in hockey. If the Leafs don’t win him a few cups, they have really screwed this up, Sawchuk is that good!

He's that good!

Defending champion Boston just lost Sid Abel for 3 months. Abel tore a groin muscle, and is out until atleast the playoffs. Boston though, is not looking like a playoff team. Abel is one of the reason’s they currently sit in last place. Sid had just 14 points in 35 games. Boston needed him to turn his season around for them to start winning. Without that being possible now, don’t expect the Bruins to make the playoffs.

Abel out for a while

An interesting deadline deal takes place between Chicago and Montreal.

I thought Glen Hall was gonna be the future star goalie for Montreal, but they have obviously chosen Al Rollins instead, and sent Hall to Chicago. The Blackhawks needed a goalie like Hall. Currently relying on aging Frank Brimsek, Hall and his 4.5 potential should start right away.

The Habs acquire Claude Provost, a native Montrealer, who I talked about a bit in the draft summery. He’s the same player a few months later, who will be a solid two way guy. He plays both ends of the ice. He’s really young and raw though. Chicago played him 16 times in the NHL this year, but he was ineffective. Good trade for both teams.

Glen Hall to Chicago.

It’s record watch time. Gordie Howe has 42 goals in 59 games. He’s chasing Maurice Richard's 51 goals in 50 games. 11 games to score 10 goals. Howe also has 69 points, while linemate Elmer Lach has 70. They are chasing Richard's 85 point record. Lach has 49 assists, and is chasing his own record of 53, set two seasons ago…

Final Standings

Well, right after I said Terry Sawchuk is the god of goaltending, he went on a cold streak, and so did the Leafs, falling to third. Also, a full season of Maurice Richard couldn’t help the Rangers, who clearly now need to rebuild. The dynasty is over. Maurice got 70 points in 64 games, and they are a last place team.

Boston manages to net the final playoff spot without Sid Abel or Boom Boom Geoffrion in the lineup. With those 2 remaining out, getting to the playoffs has to be this team’s ceiling. That’s just too much talent sitting out for them to do anything more…

Now that i just said that, im sure Boston will repeat........

Elmer Lach stays ahead of Gordie Howe and finishes 1 point behind Maurice Richard's record, but Lach does set the single season assist record with 58. Gordie Howe falls short of the goal record, finishing with 48. At 34 years of age, Elmer Lach just had a career season!

Maurice Richard does pass Milt Schmidt, and now holds the all time goal scoring record, with 368, three more then Milt. Schmidt still comfortably holds the points record.

Last edited by George_Bell; 03-06-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #252
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1952 NHL Playoffs

Johnny Bower is out for the season. He played 44 games, and put up excellent numbers. That means Marcel Pelletier, who also had a good season as backup, will be in Detroit’s net again. Pelletier outdueld Toronto and Terry Sawchuk last year, but the Leafs strike first this year, winning the opener 3-1. Cal Gardner picked up a goal and an assist. Pelletier stopped 17 shots in game two, and Reg Sinclair got the games only goal, as Detroit ties the series winning 1-0.

Down 3-1 in the third, Gordie Howe scores not one, not two, but three straight goals to give Detroit the 4-3 come back win!! Quite the statement from Howe! Sawchuk stops 37 shots in game four, but he needed 38, as Detroit edges the Leafs 2-1. Milt Schmidt haunted his old team with both goals for Detroit.

Howe's third period hat trick is how legends are made!

Game 5 is no contest. Pierre Pilote gets 2 assists, Marcell Pelletier stops 31 shots, and the Red Wings eliminate Toronto with a 5-1 victory. They return to the Stanley Cup! Pelletier beats Sawchuk for the 2nd straight season!

Glen Hall started 9 games in Chicago after the trade, posting a .915 save percentage, but it looks like it’s still Frank Brimsek's show. He starts game one, and records the 3-0 shutout. I don’t think Boston can score enough goals to challenge Chicago. Game 2 is a struggle for everyone not wearing goalie pads. No goals in the first, second or third periods. It isn’t until the final seconds of the first overtime, when Leo Labine converts on a power play to give Chicago the 1-0 win. Two games, 7 periods, 0 goals for Boston.

No goals allowed in the opening two games!

Bert Olmstead breaks the shutout streak early, giving the Bruins their first lead of the series. They make it 2-0 before Chicago would strike back. Chicago scores twice in the third, and we need overtime again. 16:43 into the extra frame, again on a power play, Floyd Curry ends it for Chicago. 3-2 and a 3 game lead in the series. Game 4 was crazy. The floodgates opened up, as the third period saw more goals scored then the previous 3 games of the series. Boston’s Ed Litzenberger scored a hat trick, leading the Bruins to a 6-4 victory. 8 goals were scored in the final frame!!

Litzenberger keeps the Bruins alive!

Back in Chicago for game 5, that huge outburst did not repeat itself, infact, games 1 and 2 were the closest things that resembled this one. No scoring in the first or second period. Doug Bentley and Phil Maloney get third period markers for Chicago, and Frank Brimsek gets his 3rd series shutout. Boston did not score a goal in Chicago Stadium. 2-0 Blackhawks, and they win the series in 5!!

Old 03-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #253
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Chicago has the advantage defensively, while the Red Wings have the more explosive offense. Jean Beliveau has become elite, and he can match the play of Gordie Howe and Elmer Lach. The question is will any of his teammates join them. This has the makings of a long back and forth series!
Old 03-08-2018, 09:42 AM   #254
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Gordie Howe gets the first goal of the finals, early in the first period of game one. Detroit then poured on over 30 shots, failing to beat Frank Brimsek. Marcel Pelletier was perfect though, with a 15 save shutout. 1-0 Detroit. Overtime was needed for game 2. Reg Sinclair is the hero, scoring 2 mins into the 4th period. Detroit wins 3-2 and takes a 2-0 lead in the series.

Reg Sinclair scores in the game 2 OT winner!

Milt Schmidt had a goal early on, and Glen Harmon got 2 assists, as the Red Wings got off to a quick start, and never looked back, winning 4-1. They now have a 3-0 lead in this series. Looks like Pelletier may actually be the greatest goalie ever. His playoffs stats are fantastic!

Is Pelletier really a star?!

With victory in their grasp, Gordie Howe scores 2 times in the first, pacing the Wings to a 4-1 lead. Chicago is able to cut the lead to 1 after a big second period, but they could not get any closer. Detroit holds on to win 4-3, and we have our 1952 Stanley Cup Champions!!

Old 03-08-2018, 09:44 AM   #255
George_Bell
All Star Starter

Old 03-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #256
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1952 NHL Offseason News and Notes

Here are the top 10 scorers from the season and the playoffs. Goals were generally hard to come by in the postseason.

Gordie Howe and Terry Sawchuk both repeat as Hart and Gardiner Trophy winners. Tim Horton and Marcel Pronovost are both named first team all-stars! They were traded for each other!

This is one of the least talented drafts we have ever seen. That doesn’t mean these kids won’t develop or surpass expectations, just that looking at them right now, it’s not too sexy.

Don McKenney is the top pick for the New York Rangers. He’s a slick center, who looks like he will be a playmaker one day. Here is a look at him.

Ott Heller has been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. This is the first induction in 3 years. Heller is the all time record holder for games played! Congrats!!

Either no one wants Tim Horton, or everyone wants Tim Horton.

Horton is off to Boston. Coming off his best year at age 21, Horton had 41 points, helping the Blackhawks play for the Stanley Cup. He’s know a 3.5/4 star player, with elite defensive ratings. His stamina is 20. He can play a whole game! Chicago gets Bert Olmstead, who is a pretty solid 2nd line guy. He’s 26, and just had a career high 40 points. He’s a physical forward, who probably isn’t ever gonna be a big scorer, but provides that edge to the lineup. I think Boston wins the trade, as Tim Hortons don’t grow on trees!

Old 03-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #257
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1952-53 NHL Season Preview

Top Player

Ted Lindsay remains the best player in hockey, but Gordie Howe and Jean Beliveau are right there, and probably surpass Lindsay skillwise in the next year.

Top Goaile

Old 03-10-2018, 10:33 AM   #258
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1952-53 NHL Regular Season

Milt Schmidt starts the season off hitting another milestone. He’s reached 900 career points. The 34 year old, in his third season as a Red Wing, is the all time points leader. He’s played 814 games. The question now is can he reach Ott Heller's 905 games record, and can he reach 1000 points. Both seem attainable at some point next year if he’s still got it, and at the moment, he does!

Sure fire HOFer, Milt Schmidt

Marcel Pelletier just won NHL player of the month. He’s taken the starting spot from Johnny Bower and is putting up unbelievable numbers. 14 games, 11-1-2. 3 shutouts and a 1.43 GAA. He’s now a 3 star goalie, up from 1.5 when we first heard of him. Here are his ratings. I'm thinking he's legit now.

It’s been about a year since I suggested Terry Sawchuk was so good, that the Leafs should win multiple cups with him. Well, we have another example of me being stupid. Sawchuk is great, no question, but those moves Toronto made 2 years ago, they haven’t worked out. The Leafs start the season 5-14-5. Last place. Horrible. The management made moves to make this team older and less talented and it worked in making them older and less talented….

Elmer Lach just joined teammate Milt Schmidt in the 900 point club. Lach is just about 2 months older then Milt, but has become a leading scorer in the NHL at a later age. Schmidt currently 18 more points then Lach, but Lach has 17 point lead this season…

Elmer Lach flourishing in his 30's.

Instead of trading Chuck Rayner when Terry Sawchuk emerged, you know, when Rayner was a excellent goalie, Toronto decided to hold on to him for 2 years, then waive him. The gm of the Leafs, who hopefully is fired this year, is just awful. Rayner goes to the Blackhawks via waivers. Rayner will take Frank Brimsek’s job, as backup to Glen Hall. Brimsek has been dispatch to the AHL's Quebec Aces.

Rayner heads to Chicago via waivers.

With the Rangers and the Bruins being awful this year, the Leafs find themselves comfortably in a playoff spot with a month to go. I’m shocked at Boston’s 15-31-10 record. They have Doug Harvey, Tim Horton and Jacques Plante. Teams should not be scoring on them, but here we are. It’s also looking like the Rangers need to deal Maurice Richard, and Ted Kennedy asap. Richard is having his worst season, and Kennedy is 27 and in his prime. NY needs to rebuild in the worst way, and those two players have great value...

NY should trade Richard, but can they trade a legend?

Final Standings

Boston falls all the way to last place! Even with some crazy talent on D and goal, their problem is they couldn't score. Boom Boom Geoffrion is the only 20 goal scorer. They had just 2 guys get 40 points. Tod Sloan fell to 11 goals. Sid Abel had just 24! Boston and the Rangers should hook up. Horton for Richard would probably make a lot of sense and help both teams out…

In the final week of the season, Elmer Lach, who you see with 76 points, fractured his hip. His season is over!

Marcel Pelletier has just turned in an all time season. This guy is unreal. Look at those numbers above. Pelletier is becoming the thing of legends!!

Ted Lindsay sets the all time single season scoring record with 90 points. His teammate Red Kelly also surpassed Maurice Richard’s 85 points!!

Maurice Richard finished the season with 18 goals and 48 points in 67 games. His lowest goal total since he was 18.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #259
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1953 NHL Playoffs

Detroit vs Toronto

Sawchuk takes on his arch nemesis Marcel Pelletier for the third straight season. Current score, 2-0 Pelletier. Detroit gets off to a great start, leading 3-1 after a period, and taking the opener 5-3. Trailing 3-1 entering the third period of game two, Toronto stages a furious comeback, and ties the game at 4 with 42 seconds remaining. In overtime, it’s George Senick who scores for Detroit, winning what could have been a disastrous outcome, 5-4.

Game 2's OT hero!

Despite losing game 2, Toronto had all the momentum when they lost. They continued that momentum when Andy Bathgate opened the scoring early. Bathgate would assist on Woody Dumart’s pp goal, and Paul Ronty put the game away with a 3rd goal. Toronto coasts to a 4-2 win. Game four is also all Toronto. They score 3 quick goals in a 6 minutes span in the first period, and just like that, the game is over. 4-2 again for Toronto.

Young Andy Bathgate helps get Toronto back in the series!

Back in Detroit for game 5, Detroit scores early in the 2nd period, and gets another from Gordie Howe to grab their first lead sense the 2nd game. It doesn’t last long. Roger Leger and Ralph Nattrass match that output late in the 2nd. Toronto then blows the doors off the game with 3 in the third to win it 5-2! Game six is tied at 1’s halfway through the third, when Ron Stewart gets 2 goals, and Jim McFadden gets an empty netter. Has Detroit finally righted the ship? They win 4-1 to force a game 7.

Gordie Howe opens the scoring with his 4th goal of the playoffs. No scoring through the rest of the period, and no scoring in the 2nd. Detroit outshoots the Leafs 25-12 through two. Jim McFadden's 5th gives the Wings a 2-0 lead after a flurry of Sawchuk saves. With 5 minutes left, the Leafs show some life, as Roger Leger gets them on the board. Despite some pressure, they can’t get the tying goal. Detroit wins 2-1 and takes the series in 7!

Montreal vs Chicago

George Armstrong scores the winning goal for the Habs as they beat Chicago 2-1 to begin this series. Al Rollins stoped 25 shots, and Dickie Moore picked up 2 assists in a 3-0 Montreal win.

Al Rollins with the game 2 shutout!

Chicago’s Jean Beliveau gets his 2nd, and Chicago’s 2nd goal of the series short handed to open the game three scoring. Montreal’s Huddy Bell was having none of this Chicago leading thing. He scores twice, which ends up being enough for Montreal. 2-1 is the final score, and the Habs have strangle hold on the series. Chicago manages to get 3 goals in the 4th game, but they never actually held a lead. Claude Provost scores twice, and the Habs complete the sweep with a 4-3 win.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #260
George_Bell
All Star Starter

These goalies both had outstanding seasons. Marcel Pelletier is a legit star. He’s capable of winning this series by himself, but he’s not alone. Gordie Howe is elite, but Elmer Lach is not playing, and his absence was felt against a bad Leafs team. Jim McFadden stepped up against the Toronto and he will need to be good against Montreal.

The Habs have the two highest single season scorers in NHL history. Lindsay and Kelly are superstars. If they are going, I don’t think Detroit has much of a chance without Lach. I feel this series will be Red and Ted vs. Pelletier.