Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Suggestions and Feature Wish List > Earlier versions of OOTP: Text Suggestion Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #1
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Game News: Three Homeruns

Instructions:
Read the information below, and post suggestions for this specific text category!

Message_ID: 24
Used When: A player hits 3 homeruns in a game

What is available:
-player name
-the player's team
-the oposing team
-Batting stats for that game

Example:
It doesn't happen often, which is what makes it something special to celebrate. And J.D. Drew of the Red Sox can now celebrate it, as he becomes one of a select group of players to have belted three home runs in a single game.
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

-Jones was in the zone tonight, belting 3 HR's as the Yankees beat the Red Sox 6-3.
-Jones powered the Yankees with his memorable 3 HR's.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
RBLwebguy
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhomess View Post
-Jones was in the zone tonight, belting 3 HR's as the Yankees beat the Red Sox 6-3.
-Jones powered the Yankees with his memorable 3 HR's.
We are asking for full length news stories

Last edited by RBLwebguy; 12-07-2006 at 09:41 AM.
RBLwebguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #4
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Ah, misunderstood.

Ok, here’s some news stories:

The Mariners pitching staff couldn’t figure out how to pitch to Henry Jones as he belted 3 HR’s and had 6 RBI in a tremendous display of offense. His first blast came in the 2nd inning off of Keith Lebel. Home run number two was a 5th inning shot that gave George Standridge’s neck a twist. Trevor Sikes was the victim of Jones’ third home run, which came in the 7th. Jones’s display of power raised his season total to 22 HR’s on the year.

The Angels’ Henry Jones had a career night with 3 home runs against Seattle. “I really saw the ball well tonight and was able to get good wood on it each time,” Jones declared. “I’ve had some good nights before but this one was special coming against the Mariners.” His 3 home run performance put him at 22 on the year.

Fireworks exploded with regularity over the Angels-Mariners game, but it wasn’t a match that set them off. No, it was the bat of Henry Jones as he belted 3 home runs in a display of sheer power. Jones victimized the Mariners’ pitching staff for 4 hits in 5 at-bats and knocked in 7 runs. After the game, Jones stated simply: “I saw everything they threw at me.”

If you were sitting in the bleachers and brought your glove to the Angels-Mariners game, there was a good chance you’d catch one of Henry Jones 3 home runs. The Angels’ right fielder sent eager gloved fans scurrying to catch one of the memorable blasts. Jones was 3-4 on the night with 5 RBI and is now batting .302 on the season. While the Angels won 6-2, most fans will remember those 3 home runs.

“Unbelievable.” That’s all disgusted Mariner starter Ivan Santana had to say before storming away from reporters. The reason for his surly attitude? A 3 home run performance that Angel right fielder Henry Jones posted as part of a night in which he helped send Santana to an early shower. Jones was in the zone, delivering the most powerful weapon a hitter can unleash on 3 occasions. “I can’t say I feel sorry for him,” Jones quipped with a smile when told of Santana’s reaction. “It feels pretty good to hit the ball so well.”
Old 12-08-2006, 02:22 PM   #5
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox hit three homers against the New York Yankees today. The 29 year old designated hitter treated the baseball like a pinata all day long, going 4 for 5 with 6 RBI. The Red Sox won 8-2.

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Nice job, guys.

Thanks for helping us make the News Stories a little better.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:57 PM   #7
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Houston outfielder Carlos Lee thought he'd hit a home run before last night's 8-6 win over Colorado. He did hit a home run -- three of them, in fact. "I had a good feeling," Lee said. "Before the game I told my teammates, 'I feel some thunder in the lumber.'" The three home runs boosted Lee's season total to 21.

Carlos Lee may not always talk softly -- but he sure carries a big stick. Yesterday, he used that lumber to crack 3 home runs in the 8-6 Houston win over Colorado. "I felt so good out there," said Lee, "I could've played all night and then some." With the 3 home runs, Lee raised his season total to 21.

Need an electrician? Give Carlos Lee a call. His 3 home runs powered Houston to an 8-6 win over Colorado. "That feels good," Lee said, "putting a charge in the ball." The 3 home runs and 6 runs batted in raised Lee's season total to 21 and 67, respectively.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:27 AM   #8
redsox45
Hall Of Famer

-- David Ortiz carried the Boston Red Sox with an impressive three home run performance in last night's matchup against the Yankees. When all was said and done, Ortiz not only lapped the bases three times, but drove in 6 RBI and collected 4 hits all together. Boston won 7-1.

-- Boston's David Ortiz povided all the offense the Red Sox would need to beat the Yankees last night. The 29-year old slugger hit three homers, driving in 5 RBI and scoring 3 times. The Red Sox won 7-1.

-- David Ortiz hit three homers off Yankees pitching last evening, lifting the Red Sox to a 5-3 victory. The 29 year old designated hitter went 4 for 4 and drove in 4 runs on the night.

-- Boston's David Ortiz provided some much needed thunder in the Red Sox lineup last night as the club defeated New York 8-5. Ortiz went 4 for 4 with three homers and 5 RBI, shredding the Yankees pitching staff to the delight of Red Sox Nation.

-- As David Ortiz rounded the bases for the third time, fans all across Red Sox Nation cheered. The 29-year old designated hitter put on an impressive show. Along with his three home runs, Ortiz collected 7 RBI and scored 3 times. He went 4 for 4 in the Red Sox 7-2 victory.

Will

1. Murder of Roger Ackroyd -- Agatha Christie
2. Birds of Prey -- Wilbur Smith
3. King Solomon's Mines - H. Rider Haggard
4. Comstock Lode -- Louis L'Amour
5. Andersonville -- McKinley Kantor
redsox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #9
jdew
All Star Starter

More quote-based stories...

TEAMNAME's PLAYERNAME became the Tower of Power today slugging 3 homers against OPPONENT pitching. Like the OPPONENT couldn't keep the ball in the ballpark today, PLAYERNAME couldn't keep the scribes away from his locker post-game. Climbing on a stool to address the throng of reporters, PLAYERNAME commented "All I can say is pick a good one and sock it. I get back to the dugout and they ask me what it was I hit and I tell them I don't know except it looked good. I swing as hard as I can, and I try to swing right through the ball...The harder you grip the bat, the more you can swing it through the ball, and the farther the ball will go. I swing big, with everything I've got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can."

(Babe Ruth)

PLAYERNAME gave a clinic in longball hitting today as he hammered 3 round-trippers against the OPPONENT. Going X for Y and driving in X runs, PLAYERNAME gave a rare post-game interview during which he stated simply "I was born to hit a baseball. I can hit a baseball. Sometimes I surprise my own self. Man, do I love to hit that little round ball out of the park and make 'em say 'Wow!' I am the best in baseball. I didn't come to TEAMNAME to be a star, I brought my star with me." When asked if all the bragging was a bit outrageous, TEAMNAME manager calmly remaked "He's such a dangerous hitter he even gets intentional walks during batting practice."

(Barry Bonds, Reggie Jackson, Casey Stengel)
jdew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #10
Eugene Church
Hall Of Famer

Sent to Text Team for Evaluation.
Eugene Church is offline   Reply With Quote