Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 08-16-2019, 03:10 AM   #1
Otrex
Minors (Single A)

Removing FA Compensation Mid-Season

Hello everyone,

I am playing in a custom league (real historical players). It features a draft that takes place in November.

During the free agent period the AI teams (and some humans) are hesitant to acquire players which have compensation attached to them, and unfortunately that means a couple of star players sit the whole season.

I am wondering how we can remove the compensation starting at a certain date mid-season? For example, it would be nice to have compensation removed starting July 1st so that those players can then be signed.

Anyone know how to do this?
Old 08-16-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

League setup, Financials Tab - you can play with compensation settings there.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 08-16-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:54 AM   #3
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

There is nothing I see in Game Settings to change the overall date of Comp ending. It ends at the Rookie Draft I believe. I moved my Historical Online Leagues Draft to June because of that issue You could edit each player and remove his comp tag at a chosen time

Roster Status Data /
Free Agent Type = None
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

What does this setting do then? Looks to me like it turns off compensation.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bluenoser; 08-16-2019 at 10:28 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
What does this setting do then? Looks to me like it turns off compensation.
His question is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otrex View Post
Hello everyone,

I am wondering how we can remove the compensation starting at a certain date mid-season? For example, it would be nice to have compensation removed starting July 1st so that those players can then be signed.

Anyone know how to do this?
The answer is NO, you must remove the comp from players individually via the editor.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Old 08-16-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

So disabling it on July 1st won't work?

I'm asking because I don't know, not making a statement. No need to get loud.

I don't tinker with those settings because I'm generally happy with the defaults.
Old 08-17-2019, 07:50 AM   #7
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
So disabling it on July 1st won't work?

I'm asking because I don't know, not making a statement. No need to get loud.

I don't tinker with those settings because I'm generally happy with the defaults.
My intent wasn't to give the impression of loudness. Sorry if it looked that way. As noted in red on that screenshot,Changes to financials have to be made in the pre-season to take affect. I have never actually tried to change them mid-season to see if it clears them, but then you'd have to remember to change them back if it did. There usually aren't enough "Comp" guys to make it too time consuming to remove the tags individually. It certainly would depend on the type of Comp used in each league. For my league (Historical currently in 1983 with 2012 CBA) there are only a handful at most left with Comp tags that need removed
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 08-17-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 09:29 PM   #8
Otrex
Minors (Single A)

Thanks for the feedback on this issue. Too bad there is no way to manually order the compensation shutoff at a given date.