Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:53 AM   #1
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Auction House v20

Curious that most owners are not putting in "Buy Now" options. Being an entry pool, not sure what the logic is to draw out auctions for the last possible point when all is erased on Friday. Makes for opening packs the only alternative.

HRBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:01 AM   #2
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Most likely simply a case where teams know there's not a lot of points out there right now, and that everything is getting reset in a couple days anyways. Also with the new version, sometimes you don't want to "set the market", afraid to set things too low or too high.
Matt Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:21 AM   #3
Mormo
Minors (Single A)

Yeah, this beta is very discouraging as far as what you can do. Bronze cards easily going for 500+. Just open up a couple packs, set your strategy and there's nothing else.

There won't be a lot of buy nows on the official launch either. We don't know how much anything is worth so you let bidders decide. I didn't add buy now but I only did auctions for 1 hour.
Mormo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:26 AM   #4
bailey
Hall Of Famer

During the beta everyone should have 1 million points. I would buy any card for 1 million points just to see if the most significant digits are cutoff on my laptop's display. It sure looks like they will be, since the word 'average' wasn't even changed to 'median'. There's not much room there for 1,000,000 so it will look like 00,000 on my laptop.
Attached Images

Last edited by bailey; 03-19-2019 at 11:29 AM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #5
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
During the beta everyone should have 1 million points. I would buy any card for 1 million points just to see if the most significant digits are cutoff on my laptop's display. It sure looks like they will be, since the word 'average' wasn't even changed to 'median'. There's not much room there for 1,000,000 so it will look like 00,000 on my laptop.
my 2 cents.... that's actually not a bad idea.... have the beta testing period be one where everyone has a massive amount of points to throw around, and make all packs free (just click the button to get 'em 5 at a time)...

if it's a stress-testing time, what better way than to completely flood teams with a boatload of cards and see how the servers react....
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:15 PM   #6
Splitter24
Hall Of Famer

You're right. Not a bad idea. Might be a good test to check for card errors and such. Might also help OOTP reel in the guys who are unsure about spending money on packs. Kinda like a gateway drug.

Currently Reading: The Sympathizer by Viet Thanh Nguyen

"Well, the game is afoot. I’ll take anal bum cover for 7,000." - "Sean Connery" SNL Celebrity Jeopardy

R.I.P. Tommy Holmes 1917-2008
Splitter24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #7
zrog2000
All Star Starter

I'm not bothering with the AH, just ripping packs.

I hope that there are more sort features like Movement for starting pitchers and defense ratings.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:27 PM   #8
daves
Hall Of Famer

I like the information, but there are too many righty lefty sorts. Really want to know movement for pitchers and defense for batters. I'd prefer eliminating excessive sorts, though it is an improvement, just missing more relevant, defense, speed and movement.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:41 AM   #9
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I like the information, but there are too many righty lefty sorts. Really want to know movement for pitchers and defense for batters. I'd prefer eliminating excessive sorts, though it is an improvement, just missing more relevant, defense, speed and movement.
Agreed. I have teams built exclusively wth speed and defense. I want to be able to easily find those guys on the auction house.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:09 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
Unfortunately this is not possible right now, as on the server (which is where the AH gets its data) we only have the "raw" data, meaning no overall player ratings like defense or power overall.

We hope to change this sometime after release via an update.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:07 PM   #11
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately this is not possible right now, as on the server (which is where the AH gets its data) we only have the "raw" data, meaning no overall player ratings like defense or power overall.

We hope to change this sometime after release via an update.
I see. Can you at least add pitcher movement?

daves is offline   Reply With Quote