Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:24 AM   #21
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Well, the vast majority wanted an open DB. I personally was torn on the subject, I probably would have preferred just a list of cards including the value tier of each card.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes and will reevaluate for PT21. Or we simply won't update the current card's list anymore (we are still working on the cards anyway) and add some more secret cards

And btw, only because there is now an open DB it does not mean that someone who studies it suddenly has a big advantage. The published ratings do not correlate to stats output 1:1 in the engine, there is still a lot of "magic" involved that we did not and can not include in the database export. We don't want to spoil the whole fun, right?

Edit: By the way, the exlcusive cards that we will have for the tournaments will not be made public in the database, neither will the other cards we will provide as content updates throughout the year or the updated live cards. At least that is the plan at the moment, we'll see how it goes. The purpose for releasing the DB now is essentially beta testing by having a few more eyes looking at the launch cards.

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 03-13-2019 at 06:43 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:37 AM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
at least have more differentiation on cards for the same player- maybe one Bronze, one silver, and one gold version of Pete Rose, rather than 3 different silver versions.
Good point... we're still working on the cards anyway and will keep an eye on that.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:18 PM   #23
bailey
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Good point... we're still working on the cards anyway and will keep an eye on that.
There are 3 bronze Ichiro Suzuki cards.
Aaron Judge 2 diamonds
Al Kaline 2 golds
Alan Trammell 2 diamonds
Albert Pujols 3 diamonds
Alex Rodriguez 2 d
Aroldis Chapman 3 d
Babe Ruth 2 d
Barry Bonds 2 d
Billy Wagner 2 g
Bob Feller 2 d
Bob Gibson 3 d

I stopped here because I'm not sure you can or want to fix this.

Last edited by bailey; 03-13-2019 at 12:31 PM.
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:00 PM   #24
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Its fine at the diamond level since there is still a pretty big difference between a 92 and 96 etc, and for legendary players its nice to have a more reasonable option for everyone then a middle and elite option.

but there is no real need at all to have multiple silvers of a player, and I really would try to avoid two cards of the same player at the same overall rating
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 01:36 PM   #25
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Aesthetic wise, it would be nice to have a max of one of any player in a single tier.

Baseball is so big, we could use something to get more player variation in any way we can.

You can't restrict leagues to have only one Mike Trout in them, and you wouldn't want to. But you could get more variation if, for example, there weren't multiple Diamond/Perfect level Trout cards.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #26
chazzycat
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrog2000 View Post
Someone needs to figure out the FIP calculations with the movement rating not being the one that we know about.
I think this is the biggest mystery for the opening weeks. They seemed to have redone the whole movement scale...that was the first thing that stood out to me in the new database. There are going to be 178 pitcher cards with a MOV rating over 100. Very different from PT19.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 02:25 PM   #27
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Its fine at the diamond level since there is still a pretty big difference between a 92 and 96 etc, and for legendary players its nice to have a more reasonable option for everyone then a middle and elite option.

but there is no real need at all to have multiple silvers of a player, and I really would try to avoid two cards of the same player at the same overall rating
I'm just glad that there is no longer a 1997 Pedro rated 96 and a 2000 Pedro rated 97 since saying 97 Pedro is confusing as to which card someone is talking about.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #28
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post
I think this is the biggest mystery for the opening weeks. They seemed to have redone the whole movement scale...that was the first thing that stood out to me in the new database. There are going to be 178 pitcher cards with a MOV rating over 100. Very different from PT19.
It's not a new scale. It's the raw score. The score that appears in the game will be that number adjusted based on the Groundball %. At least, that's what Markus said.
DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 03:10 PM   #29
zrog2000
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
It's not a new scale. It's the raw score. The score that appears in the game will be that number adjusted based on the Groundball %. At least, that's what Markus said.
It shouldn't take us too long to adjust it based on the MOV ratings that show on a handful of cards without having to populate the entire DB with actual MOV ratings.
zrog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #30
sharpk23
Minors (Single A)

Will the recently released cards be in the game as well? For example Ichiro 93 OVR. When I do a search on the new database, I only find 3 Ichiro's (all bronze cards). Don't see anything like the 99 Red Ruffing either. Just curious as to if these cards are removed or just not on the database
sharpk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:07 PM   #31
Wrigley4lab
Minors (Rookie Ball)

It might be a lot of work, maybe for ootp 21. But I thought a neat idea would be that the database wouldn't show any cards until it was discovered in an open pack.

Wrigley4lab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 03:52 AM   #32
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
There are 3 bronze Ichiro Suzuki cards.
Aaron Judge 2 diamonds
Al Kaline 2 golds
Alan Trammell 2 diamonds
Albert Pujols 3 diamonds
Alex Rodriguez 2 d
Aroldis Chapman 3 d
Babe Ruth 2 d
Barry Bonds 2 d
Billy Wagner 2 g
Bob Feller 2 d
Bob Gibson 3 d

I stopped here because I'm not sure you can or want to fix this.
We will tweak some (Suzuki for example) but for most this is simply the way the players performed, I am fine with this.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:56 AM   #33
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpk23 View Post
Will the recently released cards be in the game as well? For example Ichiro 93 OVR. When I do a search on the new database, I only find 3 Ichiro's (all bronze cards). Don't see anything like the 99 Red Ruffing either. Just curious as to if these cards are removed or just not on the database
Some new cards made it over, some did not.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:21 AM   #34
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrigley4lab View Post
It might be a lot of work, maybe for ootp 21. But I thought a neat idea would be that the database wouldn't show any cards until it was discovered in an open pack.
It may not be a lot of work. Markus posted the rarest cards, which means it is possible for the Dev team to query the backend to see if a card has been pulled.

Now being a Dev myself, I know this means that the data is available, but it still may be a pain to retrieve this data programmatically - and that it could be something Markus and team can only do on an ad hoc basis.

If they can do it programmatically, that might be a good feature though. From a pure advertising standpoint, broadcasting a card that has been pulled for the very first time (or maybe a second or third time) would likely encourage people to buy more packs or to start looking in the Auction House.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:04 AM   #35
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzery View Post
at least have more differentiation on cards for the same player- maybe one Bronze, one silver, and one gold version of Pete Rose, rather than 3 different silver versions.
Variation can come in many forms. While this is one excellent example, there could also be justification for a player having multiple cards at or near the same overall value if they performed very differently statistically.

For example, Brady Anderson's 1992 and 1996 seasons could theoretically have similar overall values while playing rather differently (one focusing more on speed and the other on power).

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote