Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:10 PM   #1
DanKreider
Minors (Double A)

So no sneak peak of 3D play?

As the game is coming out early next week for Beta, I am just assuming at this point that there is going to be no preview of new 3D gameplay?

This (probably unnecessarily) makes me nervous... Why would you not show something that you have said has been upgraded and updated for the new version?

The mind wanders and wonders, is it because you want to surprise us in a good way, or is there perhaps something not right with it, or is it just very similar to last years game and there is concern that you will get the standard FM blow-back?

Or is it just simply all in my head and I should try being more patient?!
DanKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:15 PM   #2
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

I thought I remember Markus saying that they would release a video showing the new 3-D animation...but with the game coming out in 2 days evidently not. Seems like the promotion of OOTP 20 has been rather quiet. Oh well, 2 more days!!!!
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

I think in the past they’ve said it’s hard to get mlb/mlbpa approval for images and video before the game is released. That’s my guess about why we haven’t seen anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't be surprised to see something tomorrow. However, I also wouldn't be surprised to see nothing at all before the beta. Not a huge deal to me either way, to be honest. I'll be playing as soon as it is released.
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:40 PM   #5
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

They've mentioned that it's taking them longer than anticipated to add in the new mo-capped stuff. And that they won't have it all in upon launch. So, my guess is they are a bit disappointed in that and don't feel like they have anything "complete" worth showing off just yet.
waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
klkitchens
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
They've mentioned that it's taking them longer than anticipated to add in the new mo-capped stuff. And that they won't have it all in upon launch. So, my guess is they are a bit disappointed in that and don't feel like they have anything "complete" worth showing off just yet.
Will watch their progress then. This is a major feature and deciding factor before purchasing. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:25 AM   #7
Mat
All Star Reserve

where has this been stated?
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:17 PM   #8
ohiodevil
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
where has this been stated?
Post #6 of this thread....

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=299770
ohiodevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #9
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

It will be worth the wait ... trust me
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #10
torpidbeaver
Major Leagues

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
This is true for the mocap stuff, but there hasn't been much on the other aspects of the game, either. I've seen one seemingly hastily arranged video that included a few still images of the new game (and had I walked in on the video being played, would've been hard pressed to identify whether it was OOTP19 or 20 being promoted, based on the images), and the "new features" post that hasn't been updated. If there's more somewhere, I'd love to see it. Excited consumers are hungry for more!
torpidbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:25 AM   #11
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Here is your 3D preview:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanIachimoe View Post
drksd4848 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:34 AM   #12
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Nope, we're just too busy to create new videos (which all have to go through MLB & MLBPA approval, which is a lengthy process)... We're quite happy with the 3D, but as mentioned elsewhere, we have a lot of animations we will still implement in updates after launch.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #13
Chico Guilbault
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Nope, we're just too busy to create new videos (which all have to go through MLB & MLBPA approval, which is a lengthy process)... We're quite happy with the 3D, but as mentioned elsewhere, we have a lot of animations we will still implement in updates after launch.
This may not be the prevailing opinion, but I like the idea of getting these updates throughout the year.

Chico Guilbault is offline   Reply With Quote