Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 12-06-2018, 01:53 AM   #1
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Proposed Team Concepts and Potential Expansion Park Models

I created a model for the proposed Portland ballpark in Sketchup, and I wanted to share it here for c/c. Below is the zip file and a couple of pictures:

New zip file can be found here

Original zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Night

Day

Thanks to Silvam, adion and eriqjaffe for all of their work on stadiums - I've been following from afar the last few years and decided to try my hand at one, and the texture databases you all have built up proved invaluable.

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Change in Name to Reflect Thread Changes
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:19 AM   #2
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Park at Howard Terminal

After finishing the Portland Park I decided to take a run at the new Oakland park, which, interestingly enough, ended up being a lot easier than the Portland Park.

Original File can be found here

Zip file with a closed outfield can be found here

Park Factors

Night

Day

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Updated link
Old 12-08-2018, 01:14 PM   #3
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

These are really nice - if you did these in SketchUp, would you be willing to share the .skp files?
Old 12-08-2018, 04:04 PM   #4
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Thanks eriqjaffe.
'
EDIT January 2: I updated the google drive folders today and included the sketchup files for the two fields in the respective folders. They aren't separate anymore.

Last edited by nielsoncp; 01-02-2019 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:02 AM   #5
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

BB&T Ballpark

Ok, one final one for now. I put together a BB&T Ballpark for Charlotte based on the field dimensions and location of the current one. I added three levels and a hypothetical 27,000 seats.

3rd generation zip file can be found here

2nd generation zip file can be found here

Original Zip File here.

Park Factors

Night

Day

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:51 PM   #6
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Like.... WOW!!!
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #7
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

One Nevada Credit Union Park

I guess I should rechristen this the expansion thread. I put together a model for Las Vegas based on the new minor league stadium they're building - I made it a "retractable" roof stadium (since they would probably have to do that based on Texas and Phoenix) and put it in Summerlin. It plays like Coors Field according to the Park Generator, so get your groundballers.

Original zip file can be found here.

Park Factors

Here is a picture:

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #8
orange6
Minors (Double A)

Incredible work
orange6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #9
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Huntington Park - Columbus, OH

Next up in the series - Huntington Park in Columbus, OH. Again, took a minor league stadium and retrofitted it for a Major League setting. As a side note, it looks like a pretty beautiful stadium.

Original File can be found here

Park Factors

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:09 AM   #10
orange6
Minors (Double A)

Awesome stuff. Playing OOTP is so much better with contributors like yourself. Thank you.

You said next in the series, just out of curiosity, what parks are you planning next? I am actually configuring my league around the parks in this forum. Just interested to see.
orange6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 05:04 PM   #11
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Victory Field - Indianapolis, IN

This time we're heading to Indianapolis, IN with a retrofitting of Victory Field. It seems like a pretty cool stadium, and I added a memorial in center field to go along with the military theme.

Zip File is here

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #12
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange6 View Post

You said next in the series, just out of curiosity, what parks are you planning next? I am actually configuring my league around the parks in this forum. Just interested to see.
That's a good question Orange6. Obviously I just finished Indianapolis, but my sketchup 30 day free trial is coming to a close soon and I'm not certain about purchasing the web version (it's a bit pricey) so I may do 1 or 2 more. Right now I'm trying to decide between Nashville, Louisville, and Vancouver - I'm leaning towards the last two because they aren't locations in the USBL (thanks eriqjaffe!) and could be useful future expansion sites.

Those are my thoughts right now - let me know if you have a preference.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:29 AM   #13
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Louisville and Vancouver would be cool. Also, just a suggestion and im not sure what your process is now, but having editable .png textures in the ballpark for the field and any advertisements/team branding signs would really make your parks a lot more flexible and would be immensely appreciated.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:07 AM   #14
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
That's a good question Orange6. Obviously I just finished Indianapolis, but my sketchup 30 day free trial is coming to a close soon and I'm not certain about purchasing the web version (it's a bit pricey) so I may do 1 or 2 more. Right now I'm trying to decide between Nashville, Louisville, and Vancouver - I'm leaning towards the last two because they aren't locations in the USBL (thanks eriqjaffe!) and could be useful future expansion sites.

Those are my thoughts right now - let me know if you have a preference.
As far as OOTP modeling goes the only thing you can't do with the free version of SketchUp is export OBJ files, but you can do that through a plug-in which I have attached. Just drop the .rb file into either "C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\ShippedExtensions" or "C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\Sketc hUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins" (I have it in both places on my computer and I'm not sure which one SketchUp is actually loading) and you should be good to go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip OBJexporter.zip (4.2 KB, 139 views)
Old 12-19-2018, 12:53 AM   #15
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Scotiabank Field - Vancouver, CA

I took some creative liberties with this particular park - I made the quarter circle outfield into a slightly more uneven one, and moved it down by the bay with a nice view of a skyline (replacing a quite pretty city park - who needs a public park when there is baseball to be played?). It's a "retractable roof" stadium that will be playing open.

Original zip file can be found here:

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-19-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Edited to upload the correct daytime picture
Old 12-19-2018, 12:54 AM   #16
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
Louisville and Vancouver would be cool. Also, just a suggestion and im not sure what your process is now, but having editable .png textures in the ballpark for the field and any advertisements/team branding signs would really make your parks a lot more flexible and would be immensely appreciated.
That's helpful feedback. In the last three I've included a folder in the zip drive with the templates I am creating in GIMP (the freeware photo editing software.) Is there another way you know to create editable .png files? I'd love to know how I can make them easier to customize.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:56 AM   #17
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
As far as OOTP modeling goes the only thing you can't do with the free version of SketchUp is export OBJ files, but you can do that through a plug-in which I have attached. Just drop the .rb file into either "C:\Program Files\SketchUp\SketchUp 2017\ShippedExtensions" or "C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\Sketc hUp 2017\SketchUp\Plugins" (I have it in both places on my computer and I'm not sure which one SketchUp is actually loading) and you should be good to go.
Well, this is good news for me. Thanks for the extension eriqjaffe!
Old 12-19-2018, 05:53 AM   #18
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
That's helpful feedback. In the last three I've included a folder in the zip drive with the templates I am creating in GIMP (the freeware photo editing software.) Is there another way you know to create editable .png files? I'd love to know how I can make them easier to customize.
Just having a ton of editable textures i mean. So for example, the field and any ads or team/stadium logos would be textures instead of being tied directly to the 3d model would be 100x better so that anyone using the stadium can edit the textures to fit any team/league/etc. they desire.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:00 AM   #19
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Louisville Slugger Field - Louisville, KY

Louisville is next on our tour of AAA ballparks converted into Major League Stadiums. The outside structure is pretty cool, with fans entering through an old warehouse, and the stadium has a pretty great location on the Ohio River. The park plays slightly pitcher friendly (.994 in the MiLB park factors.)

Also, itsmb8, I used textures and .png's on all of the surfaces as you recommended and included the templates in the zip file. If this is what you were suggesting in the earlier thread let me know. Thanks for your help in making this more customizable.

Original Zip file file can be found here.

Last edited by nielsoncp; 11-11-2019 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Change in google drive folder link
Old 12-20-2018, 03:18 AM   #20
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

As far as the way forward goes:

Since I now have unlimited sketchup powers, I'm planning to complete the following stadiums on an ill-defined timeline (probably can't keep up the 2-3 a week pace forever):

Nashville
New Orleans
San Antonio
Brooklyn

These are all current teams in a league I'm running. New Orleans will be the next one - if you have any thoughts on the other three, let me know.

After that I'll work on some of the following cities that could be potential future expansion sites:

Albuquerque
Austin
El Paso
Memphis
Sacramento
Salt Lake City
Hartford
Orlando
Virginia Beach
Boise
Birmingham

If any of those are of particular interest let me know and I'll bump them up the list.

Thanks everyone!