Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 06-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

...wow!

I started an MLB Inaugural Draft game and only drafted prospects or otherwise under 27 year olds. I wanted to see what'd happen. Injuries really did us in at first as then my unready prospects got ruined having to play too much. Turned off injuries after season one. 2012, 2013 were bad seasons as well but a few guys became good. 2014 may have also not gone well. 2014 or 2015, suddenly we made the playoffs and went from .350-.400 to .550ish win percentage. Swept first round. Season after, we were like fourth best team with a pennant clinch and 93 wins. This is all simming BTW.

Round 1: win, lose, lose , win, WIN! OMG!
Round 2: lose, lose, lose, sighlet****finishdayandl-oh, win, win, win! YES! GO ANGELS!, WIN! LEGENDARY COMEBACK!
World Series: lose, lose, win, win, win... , lose, ...

Take finger off Finish Today and go "I'm watching this!". Everything set to AI, sim first three innings to not have to read "____ hit _____ and blahblah" every batter - down 1-0. 5 innings of neither pitcher letting anything happen... Then we get 3. 7th inning, check. 8th, check. SP leaves, CL enters. Gives up a hit to a guy rated 80 speed . Double play. Aaaaand... Fly out TO WIN THE WORLD SERIES WITH MOSTLY RAGTAG NOBODIES!

I must cap this to post in my message on the board! Finger on buttons and... mistime it - hitting home button and going to my home screen. Restart the game... and it has to load... And my game continues from halfway into the season.

Chadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
Supernovae
Minors (Double A)

I definitely feel your pain and frustration.

I started with the Toronto Blue Jays and after two miserable seasons (2011: 75-87 .463 PCT 35 GB 4th place) and (2012: 70-92 .432 PCT 37 GB) I decided to revamp most of the roster during the off-season. I then simulated about 70 games into the season and found myself 10 games under .500, so I took a break and worked on a different league/team.

After finding success in the other league, I decided to come back and try to work the same magic for the Blue Jays as I headed into the second half.

I needed OF and RP help, desperately. So, I made two trades that brought over Ben Zobrist (74/80 maxed), Jarrod Parker (27/80 with Pot 69/80), Bobby Parnell (53/80 w/ 57/80 POT), and Jose Mijares (69/80 w/ 70/80 POT.) I converted Parker to a SP, which I seen work effectively in my other league. He just needs time to work on control. My advice if you want him, watch his walk count.

I started turning things around, but I think it was a little too late since I ended up about 5 games under .500, which was better than where I was headed before. I also had the ROY Jean Segura (2B; 57/80 with 63/80 POT) and the Most Outstanding Hitter Award (Aka MVP) in Prince Fielder. During the off-season I started making FA signings and trades when the game froze during the trade screen soI hit the home button to open the game again.

I found myself at mid-point of the season again, but what ensued was the worst rash of injuries I've seen in quite some time:

J. Segua (Torn Labrum Shoulder) Career Over
B. Zobrist (Sports Hernia) 8-9 Weeks
S. Victorino (Hamstring Strain) 3 Weeks
F. Francisco (Partially Torn Labrum) 3-4 Months

The only positive is I am 71-69 (currently) 10GB and 22 games left.

Supernovae
Supernovae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
Chadness
Minors (Double A)

Man, that career ender is a sad news item to see... lol I always feel bad for the guy even though it's a game! Last one was to a 23 year old with 69 potential and his one season's worth of stats had him batting like .360 even though his OVR was only 48.

Been meaning to ask about pitching advice... thanks for reminder...
Chadness is offline   Reply With Quote