Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: Mods
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2003, 05:40 AM   #1
O-Man
Minors (Triple A)

Home Run Derby

I recall a utility that was either made for OOTP3 or OOTP4 that let you run a little Home Run Derby and it would generate an HTML file with the results. I believe it was meant for OOTP3 but also worked for 4. I can no longer find this utility so I was unable to see if it would work with 5, although with the major changes, I have my doubts.

Anyways I was wondering if there was any interest out there for it. If so, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in trying to put something together to this effect.

I'm having All-Star break in my league on Thursday, obviously such a utility couldn't be completed by then, but for future uses It would be a great addition to the All-Star festivities in any league.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:56 AM   #2
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

I also think that'd be a great utility to use.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:01 PM   #3
LedgerSko
All Star Starter

I run a HR derby with a number generator. E-mail me at sko_dog@hotmail.com for the details.
Old 06-04-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
LedgerSko
All Star Starter

Here is what I do. Take each players real HR rating. Multiply that by 2.5. So if a guy is 10 in HR. His HR number for the HR derby is 25. If he is a 12 in HR his number is 30. Then What I do is use the number generator to generate a list of random numbers from 1-100. Each number at the players HR number or under is a HR. Each number over is an out.

Here is a link to the number generator.

http://random.org/nform.html
Old 06-05-2003, 01:17 AM   #5
Cuss16
Hall Of Famer

Cool Idea.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:08 AM   #6
LedgerSko
All Star Starter

Here is my story from the 2003 HR Derby

Tim Van Doren Takes 2003 Home Run Derby Crown

April 24th, 2003

In the first round Sioux Falls' Sammy Timmons knocked off Boyce Peets of Lincoln 6-5 when they had to have a HR off to advance the winner. Timmons hit a HR after 4 outs while Peets was unable to do so.

A pair of Fargo-Moorhead teammates squared off in the 2nd matchup. Power hitting leftfielder Josh Fomby left his corner mate Steve Cocoran behind with a 5-2 win.

In the 3rd matchup KC's Mario Kim limped to a 1 HR performance while Winnipeg's Josh Fomby pounded the night sky with 7 HR of his own.

The last first round matchup was one of the most exciting when KC's Tim Van Doren dispatched Winnipeg's Larry Shortridge. After recording 5 straight outs and seemingly stuggling at the dish Van Doren rattled off 6 straight tape measure shots to cruise to a 7-3 victory.

In the 2nd round Svelt Sammy Timmons was pitted against Damien So. After 10 outs each had recorded 3 HR. An obviously gassed Timmons took 7 outs to connect and blast a HR. So was able to hit a homer after just 2 swings where he would advance to the final.

The tables were turned on on Fomby in the 2nd round. This time Fomby was the one that only netted one HR while Van Doren swatted 8 more to push his total to 15 on the night.

With his 15 homer total in his back pocket Van Doren decided to go last and let So come to the plate. While relaxing Van Doren watched So struggle to lift two baseballs over the fence. Sweating and tired Damien So strolled off the field and gave a sigh and a good luck to Tim as he strutted to the plate needing just 3 HR to win the derby.

Van Doren came to the plate and crisply hit a HR after just one out. Feeling confident Van Doren ripped away and netted himself a few line drives and a couple of long loud foul balls. After recording 6 outs Tim hit another HR to tie So. With 3 more outs to go Van Doren seemed to push and didnt manage to hit a HR.

So with the final pairing going to extra pitches Van Doren again sat and watched So. A tired struggling Damien So didnt hit a HR for 6 outs. A confident Van Doren returned to the plate and launched a 434 foot HR after just one out. Van Doren gave a Jordanesque pose as the ball sailed toward the parking lot and completely out of the stadium.

We reached Tim for comment. " I didnt think it was going to be that tiring. I guess I was just the one to get tired last. It seemed that Damien got to the point where he had nothing left in the tank. I am lucky I had something there because I was starting to get low on fuel as well. I guess I should have had another Red Bull," chucked Van Doren. " It feels good, to come out and put on a good show for the fans. I enjoyed it and I think they did too."
Old 06-05-2003, 11:56 PM   #7
HolyCow98
Hall Of Famer

And to reward Mr. Van Doren, the NLB champions, the Sioux City Explorers, signed the veteran third baseman to a 2 year deal. He will join fellow slugger, first baseman Tim Pennington, to form an fearsome duo in the middle of the "X's" batting order.

Check out
www.nlbaseball.net

to see how Pennington and Van Doren do in their quest to get Sioux City back to the Northern League Baseball Championship Series in 2004.