Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 10-12-2019, 11:32 PM   #1
rain94
Minors (Single A)

Are there other in-game events that can be paired with .wav files?

Apart from what is in the default folder, are there other events? Is there a master list of events somewhere? I want to make a little sound pack.
Attached Images
rain94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:24 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think this is the full list, although I'm not sure if all of them are used right now.

shot
hit_post
whistle
puck_off_boards
excited_crowd
skating
boo_heavy
cheer_heavy
boo_light
cheer_light
crowd_main

Add a number to the end of the file name, as with the shot ones in your screenshot, to get the game to add it to the potential sounds it chooses from when selecting one randomly.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #3
rain94
Minors (Single A)

So I added some wav files and it's not playing any wav files other than boo_heavy3, crowd_main2, hit_post1, shot1, and whistle1.

I know I have installed it to the correct folder because I hear my modded files since I overwrote all of the default wavs. It's just not randomly choosing from the other possible choices.

To verify that this is a bug, I created a new save game with only default sounds and only boo_heavy3, crowd_main2, hit_post1, shot1, and whistle1 play. Even for default sounds and a clean save game, the shot2, shot3, and hit_post2 that come with FHM6 never play.
Attached Images

Last edited by rain94; 10-13-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
Colorado
Major Leagues

Really interested in your sound pack. I was thinking the games current sound is missing like the sounds of the skates on the ice and the boom when a player is clattered into the boards. I'd love to hear organ in the games too. Just some ideas.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:57 AM   #5
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain94 View Post
So I added some wav files and it's not playing any wav files other than boo_heavy3, crowd_main2, hit_post1, shot1, and whistle1.

I know I have installed it to the correct folder because I hear my modded files since I overwrote all of the default wavs. It's just not randomly choosing from the other possible choices.

To verify that this is a bug, I created a new save game with only default sounds and only boo_heavy3, crowd_main2, hit_post1, shot1, and whistle1 play. Even for default sounds and a clean save game, the shot2, shot3, and hit_post2 that come with FHM6 never play.
I'll see what's going on there, the sound system has worked like that long before the new sounds were added, so I'm not sure if something changed this year or there's some other problem with it.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #6
rain94
Minors (Single A)

Colorado, I will upload them as a mod when they fix the bug. I think you'll enjoy it. I've added many realistic shot effects, from slap slots to wrist shots. Shots that are saved by the goalie's pads and shots that hit the board/glass, etc.

Last edited by rain94; 10-14-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:10 PM   #7
renojedi
Major Leagues

I think we'd all appreciate it! It does bug me that the shot off the post sounds like a puck hitting a stick rather than a puck hitting steel.
renojedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:49 PM   #8
Steven547
Minors (Single A)

Same. I've added the goal horns, etc... and nothing plays. I'm wondering if the .WAV file has a length max. If the default WAV file is 5 seconds, and you add one that is 6 or more, is that what causes the system to not play it?

Last edited by Steven547; 10-14-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Steven547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:55 PM   #9
rain94
Minors (Single A)

Steven, possible, but my crowd_main2 is over 2 minutes long and it's working fine. Maybe there is a wav length max for the shots?
Old 10-24-2019, 05:55 PM   #10
rain94
Minors (Single A)

Hi Jeff, did you get a chance to look at this? I didn't see anything in the previous update list. I have a cool sound mod pack that I have been working on that I would love to share with the community.
Old 10-24-2019, 11:54 PM   #11
JeffR
FHM Producer

Don't think I ever got an answer back, I'll ask again.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Looks like we'll have the customizable sound working in the next update.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:35 PM   #13
rain94
Minors (Single A)

Thanks Jeff, just tested it out and it's fixed. If you don't mind me putting in a suggestion. In future versions, would be great to have Goalie saves linked to a sound file...basically, have a separate sound for missed shots and saved shots. That would add a nice variety to the sounds.

For anyone interested, I am putting the finishing touches on my sound mod pack. I hope to release it over the weekend. Keep an eye on it in the mod's section. I think you guys are gonna love it.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:27 PM   #14
JeffR
FHM Producer

I think that should be doable, I'll steal one of the catch_ball effects from OOTP and see how it sounds.
Old 11-02-2019, 11:50 AM   #15
Colorado
Major Leagues

Really looking forward to this!
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #16
seven
All Star Reserve

After installing yesterday's update (6.3.53), the modified background sounds that I put into the background_sounds folder inside my saved league folder are still not playing (Mac OS).
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 06:08 PM   #17
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
After installing yesterday's update (6.3.53), the modified background sounds that I put into the background_sounds folder inside my saved league folder are still not playing (Mac OS).
Can you send me one or more of the files (email it to jeff@ootpdevelopments.com or PM me a link)? I'll try them and see if it's something with the files, or the version of the game.
Old 11-02-2019, 06:27 PM   #18
rain94
Minors (Single A)

Jeff, I was testing it out more and it appears the only sfx's that are playing randomly are the shot effects. Those were fixed in the last update. Every other sfx's are not playing correctly, other than the default. Currently, only boo_heavy3, crowd_main2, hit_post1 (not sure on this one), and whistle1 play. Would be great if you can get these working correctly.

You also listed some other sfx's above like cheer_light, cheer_heavy, boo_light and those don't work either. I tested each variation ending with numbers 1-9. I reckon some of these are keyed to hits and other events?

For everyone else, in the meantime, I have released my modpack.
https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=307983
Old 11-02-2019, 08:11 PM   #19
seven
All Star Reserve

I tried new shot files and those worked, so rain94 seems to have the correct diagnosis. The crowd_main (and some other files) may not be swappable for new files yet.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 12:33 AM   #20
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
I tried new shot files and those worked, so rain94 seems to have the correct diagnosis. The crowd_main (and some other files) may not be swappable for new files yet.
Yeah, looks like the others aren't working, I thought they'd all been enabled. We'll see what's going wrong there and get the others added.