Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team > PT Dynasty Reports

PT Dynasty Reports Tell us about your very own Perfect Team!

Old 08-02-2019, 04:55 AM   #21
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

RDiff is up to +133 as Dah Bears continue their climb. Heinie Zimmerman is still crushing the ball, with 34 HRs, 10 more than Cody Bellinger, the next closest in the league.

Looks like most of the Cubs historical cards I picked up have significantly increased in price, so I guess I struck at the right time! I don't think most players are worth the prices I'm seeing right now, but I haven't had a chance to flex these players in the Perfect league, so I could be wrong
Attached Images

F2P:
Canthereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 03:54 AM   #22
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

RDiff is now at +206 as Dah Bears continue rolling. Heinie is up to 39 HRs, King Kelly has stolen 74 bases, and the team leads in all offense except for HRs, while the pitching staff is first in everything but strikes.

ERA is up to 3.57. If Ron Santo PEAK continues to not hit, I may go to his better defensive option to help curb those statistics.

F2P:
Old 08-04-2019, 05:52 AM   #23
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Dah Bears end the season on a positive note, with a +277 RDiff. Only one team in the league really has a comparable offense, the Charlotte Cougars. They are just behind my team in most categories, facing off with the Raleigh Capitals. Neither team has any playoff wins, so we'll see how it goes.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-04-2019, 11:45 PM   #24
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

The season ends on a rough note, as the Charlotte Cougars defeat Dah Bears, 4 games to 2 in the sub league series. The Cougars went on to get swept by the Nashville Gladiators, an 87-76 team that was recently demoted from Diamond after 9 seasons of rough performance there.

Some of the interesting stats from the losing series include:
King Kelly .182/.296/.182 vs .339/.441/.509 during the season
Cap Anson .167/.259/.208 vs .286/.397/.474 during the season
Heinie Zimmerman .269/.296/.423 vs .310/.337/.586 during the season

Lee Smith gave up a HR in the 12-11 loss for Game 4, one of 5 given up that game, including 2 by Dizzy Dean.

I only have three starters that will ever bat left. Both Don Kessinger and Rick WIlkins are only on the field for their defense anyway, leaving BIlly WIlliams. Billy could switch to part time duty to give Sammy Sosa a rest, and I could lean this park towards righties and away from lefties. The roster does have a lot of power in it, so boosting there could be really smart.

Again, the season went well, and the playoffs look like tough luck, so we'll leave those things alone for now. Looking forward to Dah Bears continuing to shine in the Diamond league!
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-06-2019, 03:17 AM   #25
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Despite forgetting to go back to a 5-man rotation after the playoffs, Dah Bears lead the league in RDiff with +72, just ahead of the Cape Coral Swamp Rats, at +69. We are 1st in AVG, 2nd in Runs, 6th in ERA and 10th in D.Eff.

Adolfo Phillips is off to a red hot start. I doubt it will last, but still fun to watch.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-07-2019, 03:00 AM   #26
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Apparently the pitchers just needed a bit of rest to get back to form. Dah Bears are again first in AVG, ERA, FIP, and stolen bases. They are also 2nd in Runs, and 8th in D.Eff. Heinie has cooled off of his insane 45 HR year last year to hit 5 so far this year. Sammy Sosa also hasn't hit a HR this year in his 58 at bats, so I expect the HRs to turn around soon, from an abysmal 26th.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-09-2019, 02:17 AM   #27
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Looks like the top two teams are in the NC Central, so Dah Bears are going to very likely win the NC East, but will have an extremely tough playoff opponent. Both of them have a perfect Ruth, and the Cape Coral Swamp Rats have Dutch Leonard and Christy Mathewson. King Kelly and Cap Anson can probably hit off of them, but they would need an insane playoff run to make it work.

Speaking of King Kelly, he is currently crushing, with a .367/.459/.485, and 70 RBIs, while stealing 62 bags.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-11-2019, 03:58 AM   #28
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Dah Bears end the season with an even +200 RDiff. Solid pitching leads the way for some great hitting, though the defense has not been stellar. King Kelly grabs 91 bases and Cap Anson takes 65 of his own. Lee Smith sets the pace for the league with 46 Saves, and Heinie Zimmerman bats in 143 runs.

Playoff round 1 will send Dah Bears against Your Kidney's Kidnies. They are a well balanced team, and could prove a challenge. Highlights include Max Scherzer and Warren Spahn in the starting rotation, and Christian Yelich with WIllie McCovey being the strongest hitters. Should make for a good series that I hope leans my way
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-12-2019, 01:48 AM   #29
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

In a tough end to the season, Dah Bears lose the Diamond Level Series 4 games to 3. A team that had struggled all year in producing runs got hot at the right time. Congratulations to the Chester Chippers!

Joey Gallo and Bob Cerv both knocked in 7 RBIs during the series for the Chippers, with Andrelton Simmons getting 6 runs across. Heinie Zimmerman, King Kelly and Cap Anson combined for 8 RBIs.

Perfect League will likely see Dah Bears as a mid level team, but we'll see how things go.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-16-2019, 02:09 AM   #30
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Dah Bears are getting beaten pretty soundly in the Perfect League, currently 49-58 with a -59 RDiff.

Cap Anson leads the league in both OBPS and WAR, with .977 and 4.9 respectively. He's second in overall AVG at .339.

Everything else is pretty tough. If things continue this way we'll have to make some big shifts in the offseason.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-16-2019, 08:23 PM   #31
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

For the first time in a couple of seasons, Dah Bears make another roster move. Both Hippo Vaughn as the lefty setup and Dick Ellsworth as the middle relief lefty were getting hit around in the bullpen, so Dick heads to the reserves and Fergie Jenkins becomes the long relief/emergency SP. Pete Alexander leaves that spot to become a middle reliever, and Mark Prior steps up from middle relief to setup.

All of these moves are in preparation for next season, which will probably see Hippo and Fergie swapping.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-16-2019, 09:10 PM   #32
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Here is a text file of the best Cubs based on WAR. I started a league based on the book Now Taking the Field: Baseball's All-Time Dream Teams for All 30 Franchises by Tom Stone. Players are the age they debuted for the Cubs, i believe. Also sorry to hear that you are a Cubs fan.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CHC.txt (554 Bytes, 30 views)
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 03:34 AM   #33
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Here is a text file of the best Cubs based on WAR. I started a league based on the book Now Taking the Field: Baseball's All-Time Dream Teams for All 30 Franchises by Tom Stone. Players are the age they debuted for the Cubs, i believe. Also sorry to hear that you are a Cubs fan.
Well it certainly hasn't been an easy life, but somehow I manage

Thanks for the file! I am a bit surprised that big Z doesn't have a presence in perfect team, perhaps we could introduce a "Beats up dugout equipment" edition?

Getting back to it, with 3 games remaining in the season, Dah Bears had a 6% chance of making the playoffs. Their destiny was in their hands, with division rivals Santa Barbara Sharks 3 games ahead. Dah Bears needed to sweep, force a tiebreaker, and then win. The sweep happened, all one run games. Then, the tiebreaker, a 6-3 victory! Dah Bears, an 83 - 80 team, with a -25 Rdiff, are in the playoffs! The only sad part is the complete rework will have to wait another day.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-18-2019, 05:22 PM   #34
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

As Dah Bears get swept in the Playoffs, we are going to make the switch to a right handed focused team. Billy Williams becomes a utility Right Fielder as Sammy Sosa steps in full time. Rick Wilkins becomes utility and defensive sub for Gabby Hartnett (who is a WAY better hitter anyway).

On the pitching side, Fergie Jenkins becomes the second middle reliever and Hippo Vaughn steps in to a long relief/emergency SP role.

The ballpark is now skewed 1.1 toward AVG RHB and HR RHB, and .9 against AVG LHB and HR LHB. Mark Grace, along with Rick and BIlly, will be weapons on the road against righties.
Attached Images
Image Image 

F2P:
Old 08-18-2019, 06:11 PM   #35
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

Thanks for the link to this. I see you are sticking pretty religiously to only the Cubs versions of these players (i.e. no 100 Greg Maddux). That's cool. Allowing any version of a player that's ever played for the Cubs would be equally cool. Depends on what you're going for.

I agree that Carlos Zambrano should have a card. I also think we need a Derrek Lee circa 2005. That year he was fighting with Pujols for the MVP and then hurt his wrist and wasn't quite the same after that. Some other cards that would be nice: 1970 Jim Hickman, 1969 Bill Hands, some version of Tinker/Evers/Chance, 1991 Paul Assenmacher or 1991 Les Lancaster (to give more lefty options), one of Orval Overall/Ed Reulbach/Jack Pfeister from the 1900s teams. 2016 Aroldis Chapman and 2016 Kyle Hendricks would also be good recent ones.

I think you've done a fantastic job of getting all the high powered Cubs cards in the game. I was thinking you could upgrade to the better Pete Alexander, but I realized that one is with the Phillies. You could also add Carlos Marmol if you want to blow some saves!

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:57 PM   #36
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
Thanks for the link to this. I see you are sticking pretty religiously to only the Cubs versions of these players (i.e. no 100 Greg Maddux). That's cool. Allowing any version of a player that's ever played for the Cubs would be equally cool. Depends on what you're going for.

I agree that Carlos Zambrano should have a card. I also think we need a Derrek Lee circa 2005. That year he was fighting with Pujols for the MVP and then hurt his wrist and wasn't quite the same after that. Some other cards that would be nice: 1970 Jim Hickman, 1969 Bill Hands, some version of Tinker/Evers/Chance, 1991 Paul Assenmacher or 1991 Les Lancaster (to give more lefty options), one of Orval Overall/Ed Reulbach/Jack Pfeister from the 1900s teams. 2016 Aroldis Chapman and 2016 Kyle Hendricks would also be good recent ones.
For now I want to see how far I can get with these parameters. I will probably branch out after a few more seasons, but I am encouraged by the fact that our first run in the perfect league resulted in the playoffs, even if we only squeaked in. I have for sure spent all I want on this team, at least for now, so we'll see.

As far as those players, I wholeheartedly agree the Cubs are hurting for lefties, and would love a wider pool to select from. The fact that Hippo is the only decent lefty, and really can't compete at perfect level is a bit frustrating. Also Derrek Lee was fun to watch! It seems like the Cubs have always had some amazing first baseman. Just over the last few decades both hitting and fielding in Mark Grace, Derrek Lee, and now Anthony Rizzo

F2P:
Old 08-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #37
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

FYI, submitted some PT card requests thru the "official" form:

2005 Derrek Lee
2004 Carlos Zambrano
2008 Kerry Wood (relief pitcher)
1900s Jack Pfiester (lefty complement to Mordecai Brown)
1970 Jim Hickman
2001 Jon Lieber
1982 Leon Durham

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:55 AM   #38
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by waittilnextyear View Post
FYI, submitted some PT card requests thru the "official" form:

2005 Derrek Lee
2004 Carlos Zambrano
2008 Kerry Wood (relief pitcher)
1900s Jack Pfiester (lefty complement to Mordecai Brown)
1970 Jim Hickman
2001 Jon Lieber
1982 Leon Durham
I submitted on on Pfiester as well so hopefully gathering some momentum

Dah Bears are 16-11 to start out, so far the hitting has fallen off a bit average wise, but is picking up in HRs. It is a very small sample size, but so far the switch seems to be working. Sammy Sosa has had a tough stretch, 2 for his last 36.

Today's highlight is Dah Bears stunning their division rivals, my Telderoth Wizards
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-21-2019, 02:34 AM   #39
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

Dah Bears are off to a hot start, 5th overall in the league, with an RDiff of +93. King Kelly is the current batting leader with a .352 AVG, having swiped 28 bases already. The team is actually rating in almost all categories, 8th in runs, 10th in AVG, 5th in HRs, 2nd in ERA, and 2nd in D.Eff. Road split is still better than home, 18-8 vs 17-12. Of course, 13-3 vs lefties and 22-17 vs righties due to the lineup.

Pitching has been incredible as well. Both Dah Bears and the Wizards are in the Wild Card spots still, but the Wizards are only in by half a game.
Attached Images

F2P:
Old 08-23-2019, 02:55 AM   #40
Canthereon
Minors (Single A)

The not too terrible streak continues as Dah Bears are still 5th overall with a +97 RDiff. The offense and pitching remains strong, and the team is not too much of a defensive liability. 8th in Runs, 10th in AVG, 10th in HRs, 5th in ERA. ZR is +2.4, better than the -19 they posted last season. Dah Bears are still the top wild card spot and the Wizards in the second spot now have a 5 and a half game lead over the Flavortown Fieris.

35-22 at home, 28-22 on the road, the ballpark factors are finally starting to set them apart.

F2P: