Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 03-23-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
ASURay
Minors (Triple A)

Post v20 Trends in the v19 AH

I haven't been playing much since v20 went live. Anyone noticing trends in the v19 auction house? Lack of supply causing prices to spike, lack of bidders causing prices to fall, etc.?
ASURay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Definitely noted that the number of cards in the auction house has gone down.

I'm leery of the AH in v20 until trends for stable pricing have started at least in terms of trusting the avg / last 5 values, but seems despite the lack of supply (and bidders no doubt) in v19 prices are way up of where they should be - most seem to be asking way above last 5.
Dunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #3
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

It's all over the place. Most cards seem to be selling somewhat lower. But there are a number of cards that are way lower than they were priced just a couple of weeks ago. There are also a few cards being priced way higher than their averages. I'm not sure how that makes sense, but who knows, both supply and demand are definitely down.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:18 PM   #4
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Harder to find cards. Supply is low. Demand also low. There are no buyers, especially for high end cards.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #5
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Harder to find cards. Supply is low. Demand also low. There are no buyers, especially for high end cards.

Yea, you'd have to be nuts frankly to buy a high end card.

Maybe nuts is too strong. If the game shuts down in a year potentially spending hundreds of bucks does not seem prudent.

Last edited by mcdog512; 03-23-2019 at 06:37 PM.
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

down to 48 pages of available AH players this morning (was 68 yesterday).... letting the points pile up while I wait for the right players to show up
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:11 AM   #7
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

33,000 PP

KleineBiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #8
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

It's a ghost town today. The list of available 100's and diamonds is on one page. I know daytimes tend to be a little down, but that is ridiculous!
Old 03-25-2019, 02:03 PM   #9
Mizzery
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
It's a ghost town today. The list of available 100's and diamonds is on one page. I know daytimes tend to be a little down, but that is ridiculous!
I’ve been planning on continuing to actively manage my 19 teams as well as the new 20 teams, but the one thing that could potentially change that would be if the fundamental supply and demand economics of the AH drastically changed.

Once your team has made it to the higher levels, the only functional way to improve is through smart purchases in the AH. If the supply dries up of that talent, what is left? Buy packs and hope to hit the lottery?

Maybe this is just a temporary lull as many players spent the weekend setting up their new 20 teams, and we will see the 19 AH rebound over the next week.
Mizzery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:34 PM   #10
5rings
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Seems to me that prices for diamonds and perfects are away above last-5 and average sales prices. Some pretty ridiculous pricing out there. I'm not seeing many bargains at close to last-5 pricing. Almost makes me wish I had gone to P20...
5rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:40 PM   #11
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5rings View Post
Seems to me that prices for diamonds and perfects are away above last-5 and average sales prices. Some pretty ridiculous pricing out there. I'm not seeing many bargains at close to last-5 pricing. Almost makes me wish I had gone to P20...

P20 has some outrageous pricing now.

There's actually a few bargains in P19 with closings soon. Some people have apparently dumped their cards on the AH today. Up to four pages of diamond/perfect cards and some well below the last 5. Not sure if it's a one-off or a trend.
Old 03-26-2019, 07:55 PM   #12
Dunzie
All Star Reserve

... and just like that... it's almost a ghost town again. Whoever dumped all those diamonds and perfects on the AH, thanks!
Old 03-26-2019, 08:49 PM   #13
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASURay View Post
I haven't been playing much since v20 went live. Anyone noticing trends in the v19 auction house? Lack of supply causing prices to spike, lack of bidders causing prices to fall, etc.?
It is better to wait. Prices are very demanding.

daves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 11:21 PM   #14
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
... and just like that... it's almost a ghost town again. Whoever dumped all those diamonds and perfects on the AH, thanks!
Lol. Alas I didn't have enough points. Bid on the Vaughn, but I was outbid. ALMOST made me tempted to buy points to snag them.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:07 AM   #15
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

no one is buying points to open packs in 19 anymore. youve got less demand for top players as people move to PT20, but a specific elite guy might only show up on the market once a week if that so if you want to make improvements you have to overpay a bit

the flood of top players at open bid yesterday was nice. could only afford to get one but managed to grab a 95(?) bonds at last 5 average.

Last edited by dkgo; 03-27-2019 at 10:09 AM.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:00 PM   #16
Abnerdoubleday
Minors (Triple A)

Some pretty strange pricings, for sure.

A number of gougers trying to set new records in a low-demand market.

Cards that don't sell after a long auction, immediately back up for sale at a new HIGHER price

And lots of cards not selling at all.
Abnerdoubleday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:27 PM   #17
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

its weird. some great historical cards aren't selling but people will pay 30% over last 5 avg for mediocre platinum live cards like kershaw or lindor
Old 03-27-2019, 03:17 PM   #18
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
Lol. Alas I didn't have enough points. Bid on the Vaughn, but I was outbid. ALMOST made me tempted to buy points to snag them.
I ended up with a rock as well. Had 36K to spend with my all-Dodger team but could not land any of the guys I went after (Campanella/Robinson/Koufax). So then I switched gears to a team with 51K but was quickly outbid for Ruth. Oh well, it was fun trying...
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 04:28 PM   #19
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I listed a kirk gibson yesterday for around that price if you're interested. I think last 5 avg was 42Kish so I probably started around there but will drop to 36 for you if it didn't sell today.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:49 PM   #20
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I listed a kirk gibson yesterday for around that price if you're interested. I think last 5 avg was 42Kish so I probably started around there but will drop to 36 for you if it didn't sell today.
Appreciate you letting me know, but Kirk is more of luxury at this time than a big upgrade. Campanella will be a big upgrade over Scioscia so I've been saving my PP for him.

Kirk will be great to have some day as I still remember well seeing him play in '88 (still remember exactly where I was when he hit the HR in the World Series)
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote