Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 19 Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 19 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 04-22-2018, 01:01 PM   #1
yourdickeyistulo
Bat Boy

Modern MLB league has opening

MLSB2 is a modern mlb league that is its the 2020 off-season at the moment. We started in 2017 and now the 2020 preseason is about to start. There is still plenty of time to make trades and there are still very strong free agents left such as Wade Davis, Chris Sale, and Rick Porcello.

Sites: Like most leagues, we use Stat+ and slack. https://statsplus.net/mlsbtwo/reports/news/html/
https://statsplus2.net/mlsbtwo/

OOTP version: We are currently in OOTP 18 right now for one more year but then we will be switching to OOTP 19. This should give you plenty of time to pick up 19.

Sim times: We sim 4 times a week, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. Times differ in the off-season. This keeps the league at a decently fast pace while giving you plenty of time to export. We sim 7 days at a time but since we are currently in the off-season we will be simming 2 weeks

Unique rules: We use overall/potential stars and a 1-20 ratings scale. Scouting and coaches are off, player development and owner goals are on. Batter aging .750 and Pitcher aging is at .800. Player personality ratings are on.

WHY Join MLSB2?

There are multiple reasons to join MLSB2 instead of others.

First, our league structure. Most ootp online leagues are fictional or have stuff like promotion and relegation. Those can be fun but generally I feel like most people prefer just a classic modern mlb league.

Then the year we are in. I feel like 3-4 seasons in is the perfect time to join an online league. First season could be risky as you don’t know if there will be inactive gms, you don’t know if the league will fold quickly and stuff like that. 20 seasons in and you won’t recognize any of the players. 3-4 seasons in is perfect because you know this league is in it for the long-run but also you will still know most of the players.

A group of helpful veteran GMs. I’m pretty new to the ootp online scene myself and this was the first league I joined. They were very helpful setting me up and teaching me the ins and outs of the game. This league is great towards new gms. For people who already are experienced in online leagues, this is a good league to test your skills and see if you can win against other smart experienced GMs

Live Sims. Live sims are way more fun as you can trash talk with other gms and watch your team live. Every sim during the regular season and playoffs is live.

Teams: Now onto the fun part, deciding what team you will take over.

Cincinnati Reds: This is a really good team. They have the 12th ranked farm system and won 84 games last season. This team was cared for by an active gm(or so I heard, this was before my time) before he had to leave. The next gm was another active gm and made a push for the playoffs becoming just short. Unfortunately, he may have run into some health troubles and we haven’t heard from him in months. This is a team that was cared for by 2 active GMs and is in a great position.

Oakland A’s: This is another good team that could contend for the playofffs. They only won 71 games last season but that was mostly because of an inactive gm. They’ve got a strong farm system, a good young rotation and starting lineup. Their farm is only ranked 17 but imo it is better than that.

Seattle Mariners: This team could try to make the playoffs as a second wildcard team or could be in a position to rebuild. They have a strong starting lineup and a solid farm system(16th ranked but imo it’s better than that). Starting pitching leaves a little to be desired and Cano’s contract is going to be an anchor but this team is in a solid position too.

Milwuakee Brewers: This teams rotation could really use a rework but it’s starting lineup is young and solid. They could try to contend this year but I think it would be best to wait a year. The prize of this team could be Lux or Phillips but imo it is Juan Urena, a scouting discovery that is currently unranked but if he pans out he could be the best player in the game. He is a 5 tool player who has the possibility to win gold gloves at SS, has speed, and can hit for .350 with 50 homers. Still just 17 but he has the work ethic and intelligence to work it out. Another great thing about this team and the Reds are they are in the worst division in MLB(yea I said it, watcha gonna do?)

Aside from these teams, we have a great 20 gms who are active and talk and another 5 who export and don’t really get into the talking stuff. This is a really great league. I’m going to be out for a bit but let me know if you have any questions and I’ll respond ASAP

Last edited by yourdickeyistulo; 04-22-2018 at 01:37 PM.
yourdickeyistulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #2
yourdickeyistulo
Bat Boy

Update: Washington Nationals just opened up, this is another good team that was cared for by an active owner. Owner moved to the Jays which is his favorite team. Great rotation, and an offense led by Bryce Harper. Farm system is probably the weakest of all the teams here but atleast you've got yourself a team that can already contend
Old 04-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
strzepeksc
All Star Reserve

Sent PM

I requested the Washington Nationals
strzepeksc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
SinkableSoup29
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Request Reds/ PM SENT
SinkableSoup29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:59 PM   #5
yourdickeyistulo
Bat Boy

Update, as of right now all teams have been claimed. I'll let anyone know if there are more openings in the future