Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > OOTP 19 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 12-06-2018, 04:51 AM   #221
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Gus Hernandez (hernan003gus) and Arturo Rodriguez (rodrig003art) shown as American not Cuban. (Can they just be set nationality even without a place of birth?)

Reinaldo Drake (drake-001rei) and Reynaldo Dreke (dreke-000rey) both join the Cincinatti/Indianapolis Clowns at the same time, same with Raul Navarro (navarr002rau) and Raul Navarro (navarr045rau)

Frank Austin (austi044fra) and Frankie Austin (austin002fra) both join the Philadelphia Stars at the same time (and ironically both got bought by the same MLB team in my game)

Marv Williams (willia009mar) and Marvin X Williams (willi044mar) must be the same person (same birthday, start on the same Negro League team). X doesn't show in Baseball Reference.

Tony Welzer (welzer001ant) shown as American not German
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #222
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermercado View Post
Gus Hernandez (hernan003gus) and Arturo Rodriguez (rodrig003art) shown as American not Cuban. they are Cuban in the database so this must be a world.dat challenge (Can they just be set nationality even without a place of birth?) in the database yes in the world.dat no

Reinaldo Drake (drake-001rei) and Reynaldo Dreke (dreke-000rey) both join the Cincinatti/Indianapolis Clowns at the same time, fixed same with Raul Navarro (navarr002rau) and Raul Navarro (navarr045rau) Not fixed, they appear to be Jr and Sr. One a righty one a lefty, born about 20 years apart, different birthplaces, both cuban

Frank Austin (austi044fra) and Frankie Austin (austin002fra) both join the Philadelphia Stars at the same time (and ironically both got bought by the same MLB team in my game) fixed

Marv Williams (willia009mar) and Marvin X Williams (willi044mar) must be the same person (same birthday, start on the same Negro League team). X doesn't show in Baseball Reference.Fixed

Tony Welzer (welzer001ant) shown as American not German he is german in the database
world.dat issues here. I cannot fix those. the others I can Basically country of origin only works in the current year standard game. Historically it doesn't work worth a hill of beans. when I sent Lukas the missing 2,000 MLB birthplaces I did not even include the additional 11,000 missing minor league ones. I believe that unless historicals gets decoupled from the useless world.dat this won't improve.

Last edited by Spritze; 12-07-2018 at 06:14 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #223
JeffScho
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
the files are supposed to be in the stats folder. They are *.odb files.
reinstall if they are missing or corrupt.
Ok. I did this. It only adds 2 historical players to the draft. So the Draft is 2 people deep. It works fine if I have it import fictional players.
JeffScho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:49 PM   #224
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffScho View Post
Ok. I did this. It only adds 2 historical players to the draft. So the Draft is 2 people deep. It works fine if I have it import fictional players.
I would post this one level up. That is where I have seen this issue posted before. I do not know the answer so I am guessing it is not a database issue. More than likely has to do with the draft date in your league or something like that.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:49 AM   #225
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
world.dat issues here. I cannot fix those. the others I can Basically country of origin only works in the current year standard game. Historically it doesn't work worth a hill of beans. when I sent Lukas the missing 2,000 MLB birthplaces I did not even include the additional 11,000 missing minor league ones. I believe that unless historicals gets decoupled from the useless world.dat this won't improve.
Thanks, will stop tracking incorrect nationalities.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 05:52 PM   #226
beatle
All Star Reserve

On edit league structure in the game crashes in the 3rd and 4th division when you try to add a team. I set-up a league in 69 and then begin to replace teams with other teams from the 70s. I set it for replay. No problems in the 1st two divisions. The league is unplayable. What happened? I am on V 19.11 Build 124

Beatle
beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:33 PM   #227
beatle
All Star Reserve

I tried it on career play and the crash happened as well! Help!

Beatle
Old 12-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #228
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This procedure worked for me once in a row.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #229
beatle
All Star Reserve

What procedure?

Beatle
Old 12-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #230
beatle
All Star Reserve

You can add to Div. 1 and move to other divisions. This needs to be fixed since you can't add to the 3rd or 4th.

Beatle
Old 12-13-2018, 09:49 PM   #231
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
You can add to Div. 1 and move to other divisions. This needs to be fixed since you can't add to the 3rd or 4th.
I had no troubles adding to the third or fourth divisions.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #232
WahooSam309
Minors (Single A)

Udell Chambers (chambe001ude) and James Dugan (dugan-002jam) are both black, while the game lists them as white.
WahooSam309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:11 PM   #233
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooSam309 View Post
Udell Chambers (chambe001ude) and James Dugan (dugan-002jam) are both black, while the game lists them as white.
fixed
Old 12-28-2018, 07:42 PM   #234
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I'm starting up a 2011 game, with myself as the Mets, and I've found that Johan Santana is listed as being on the Buffalo Bisons, on a minor-league contract. (He's also listed as a reliever, for some reason, but that's irrelevant and easy to fix.)

I assume this is because the only pitching Johan did in 2011 was two late-season rehab starts for the Bisons, but of course he should be on the 40-man Mets roster (on the DL at year's start) because 2011 was the 4th year of the 7-year deal he signed on being traded to NY in 2008.

Here are the salaries for the remaining years of Johan's deal:

2011: $21,644,707
2012: $24,000,000
2013: $25,500,000
2014: $25,500,000 (this was a team option; the Mets exercised their $5,500,000 buyout instead)

Apologies if this was fixed in v. 19; I haven't purchased that as yet.

(Also, Johan should be wearing his familiar #57 and Francisco Rodriguez should be in the #75 he selected because Johan had gotten to #57 before he came over in 2009, but again, those are minor issues.)

Thanks in advance.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:17 PM   #235
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazin69 View Post
I'm starting up a 2011 game, with myself as the Mets, and I've found that Johan Santana is listed as being on the Buffalo Bisons, on a minor-league contract. (He's also listed as a reliever, for some reason, but that's irrelevant and easy to fix.)

I assume this is because the only pitching Johan did in 2011 was two late-season rehab starts for the Bisons, but of course he should be on the 40-man Mets roster (on the DL at year's start) because 2011 was the 4th year of the 7-year deal he signed on being traded to NY in 2008.

Here are the salaries for the remaining years of Johan's deal:

2011: $21,644,707
2012: $24,000,000
2013: $25,500,000
2014: $25,500,000 (this was a team option; the Mets exercised their $5,500,000 buyout instead)

Apologies if this was fixed in v. 19; I haven't purchased that as yet.

(Also, Johan should be wearing his familiar #57 and Francisco Rodriguez should be in the #75 he selected because Johan had gotten to #57 before he came over in 2009, but again, those are minor issues.)

Thanks in advance.
None of these issues are controlled by the historical database.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 AM   #236
clamel
All Star Starter

This might be a weird occasion but still let your eyes glance over it.

Short story
is that Ubaldo Heredia and DeWayne Buice had off-years when I started in 1985. None was imported. However one like Warren Cromartie was indeed in as a Free Agent.

Long story how troublesome this got.

I started a histo-game in 1985 (this time not with auto historical added to teams) and full minors.
So I had a full draft in December.

1986 the draft pool included the then 30y Ubaldo Heredia to my surprise. Looking at him he had no Real Life stats but this 1987 MLB season for Expos. And of course no experience logged at any level.
What about Ubaldo. He had played 6 years in Mexico, up to 1986, BUT more important he played Minor League ball for LAD 1973-1980.

First he should not be a newcomer and not on any draft list. He should have been imported as a FA already at start.

Added to this Draft Pool was also another vet.
DeWayne Buice
He got no stat prior to 1987, which is wrong
Same story with no playing in 1985, so he wasn't imported.

After deleting him and import him again he did come back with all correct back history so my problem was solved BUT he should have been imported.
Same with Heredia.

This must be a bug with that old importing players at startup that having no playing record for given year.

Additional sadly is that ALL players getting their first starts in any level of pro baseball gets dumped into the draft pool. Even 16-17 year old Central/SouthAmericans that surely isn't permitted in any draft what I know off. Perhaps some edit to who imports as Draft Pool eligible and who just is dropped in as Free Agent, as these young guns (Ivan Rodriguez, Bernie Williams , Sammy Sosa to mention some)

clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #237
clamel
All Star Starter

Another mismatch in this period.
Luis "Gonzo" Gonzalez well known OF with Houston and Arizona among others pop up in my game already in 1986 as a CATCHER !!!

His first pro years was in 1988 (drafted that year) what I can see and NOT as a catcher.
Gonzo correct minor league stats for 88-89 is missing

I did find a Luis Enrique Gonzalez as a catcher, but born in 1982 only played in the minors.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=gonzal007lui

Could we have a mix with them or how did the well known Luis Gonzalez become a catcher ????

Last edited by clamel; 01-24-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:03 AM   #238
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Example

Ubaldo = minor leaguer in 75, 76, 80, 87 so if you start in those years he will show up

Mexican league data is not included in the historical minors, no foreign leagues are. Any players who played in a foreign league are ignored. Lowest levels of domestic leagues are likewise ignored. This is by request of the OOTP development team.
Old 01-24-2019, 10:13 AM   #239
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamel View Post
Another mismatch in this period.
Luis "Gonzo" Gonzalez well known OF with Houston and Arizona among others pop up in my game already in 1986 as a CATCHER !!!

His first pro years was in 1988 (drafted that year) what I can see and NOT as a catcher.
Gonzo correct minor league stats for 88-89 is missing

I did find a Luis Enrique Gonzalez as a catcher, but born in 1982 only played in the minors.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=gonzal007lui

Could we have a mix with them or how did the well known Luis Gonzalez become a catcher ????
gonzal007lui is the catcher and is in the database correctly.gonzal005lui is the gonzo and has no fielding record as a catcher but his MLB STATS were connected to luis Gonzalez 17 rather than 5 and this has been fixed

Last edited by Spritze; 01-24-2019 at 10:29 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #240
clamel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Example

Ubaldo = minor leaguer in 75, 76, 80, 87 so if you start in those years he will show up

Mexican league data is not included in the historical minors, no foreign leagues are. Any players who played in a foreign league are ignored. Lowest levels of domestic leagues are likewise ignored. This is by request of the OOTP development team.
So is Warren Cromartie an exception ?? He played in Japan for several years then came back for just 1 year in MLB, very similar to Ubaldo.
Cromartie is in the my start in 1985.
Then shouldn't Ubaldo be the same ??